• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#76 +DConnell

DConnell

Madman with a blue box

• 2,196 posts
  • Phone: Lumia 1520 running Windows Phone 8.1

Posted 12 August 2014 - 17:37

On Tuesday, April 1, President Barack Obama signed the "Protecting Access to Medicare Act of 2014," HR 4302, which creates a one-year patch for the Sustainable Growth Rate (SGR) Medicare physician payment formula, to April 2015. 

Really now, November huh?

"I was going to shove this red-hot poker up your rear now, but instead I'm going to wait!" :rolleyes:

People are supposed to be grateful that he's holding off on dropping the axe?

#77 SierraSonic

SierraSonic

SierraSonic

• 1,133 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 18:01

Again, it's only a temporary ploy to get Dems over the election. Then the hammer falls. Not good enough.

"I was going to shove this red-hot poker up your rear now, but instead I'm going to wait!" :rolleyes:

People are supposed to be grateful that he's holding off on dropping the axe?

Yes, and in 1997, and the 16 times since it was delayed, were all part of Obama's evil plan to make the dems look better in the 2014 elections, somehow if everyone magically ignored history. Good going guys, keep it up. It's congress's job to come up with something better as he can't repeal or make laws, just control how they are enforced.

No..  he cant do this... the law is clear and specific, he cannot order the delegated authorities to veiw the law as it was intended, they MUST view the law was written!  He can't use the executive order to bypass congressional jurisdiction.

The power of the executive orders are the full force of law. An executive order of the President must find support in the Constitution, either in a clause granting the President specific power, or by a delegation of power by Congress to the President. In which case it specifically states he has the ability to enforce the law through the orders, if zero enforcement is his policy, then the other measures of the bill that clearly state the intent of federal exchanges being part of the process, are allowed to go through.

His policy is merely ignoring one word in one line with his order. Changing "state exchanges" to "exchanges". I ask you again, can you really think that if this wasn't allowed that the judicial overview or congress wouldn't already have used their systems of checks and balances against it? Suing the president isn't one of those systems, since they know they aren't right using the systems they have in place, they are trying desperately to do anything they can to obstruct everything they are against in any way possible without any real legal backing.

#78 +DConnell

DConnell

Madman with a blue box

• 2,196 posts
  • Phone: Lumia 1520 running Windows Phone 8.1

Posted 12 August 2014 - 18:16

Yes, and in 1997, and the 16 times before this when it was delayed, was all part of Obama's evil plan to make the dems look better somehow if everyone magically ignored history, for this specific election period. Good going guys, keep it up.

The fact that the other side also pulled the same kind of stunts doesn't magically make it okay this time. I'll never understand why "They did it do!" is offered as a defense. I'm an independent, so I'm critical of both sides. In fact, until 2006 I tended to side more with the Democrats.

#79 +Jack Unterweger

Jack Unterweger

in linux i trust

• 3,364 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S3

Posted 12 August 2014 - 18:19

i think everyone with a bit of a brain sees that obama is one of the bigger failures in the history of the united states and the ammount of ###### his successor will have to clean away is endless and it will be a big challenge.

but suing him? no way, that would just reunite the democratic party and even by now if hillary runs even the most hardcore-republicans expect her to walk that election in 2016.

i think the better strategy would be to focus on obamas problems and blunders (he has countless) and remind the voters day in day out 24/7 that their choice in 2012 was wrong and give them the chance to correct it in 2016. thats quite unique offer for the voters.

#80 seta-san

seta-san

Neowinian Senior

• 4,526 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 18:57

Why is it only the republicans have had hardships by "Obamacare" yet any Democrat or Liberal I know has had better coverage? Must be out to spite you republicans.

Obamacare screws the working poor in favor of the non-working poor

#81 SierraSonic

SierraSonic

SierraSonic

• 1,133 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 19:05

The fact that the other side also pulled the same kind of stunts doesn't magically make it okay this time. I'll never understand why "They did it do!" is offered as a defense. I'm an independent, so I'm critical of both sides. In fact, until 2006 I tended to side more with the Democrats.

I never stated that the other side did it so it's okay, anyways both sides kept delaying it. I said that it's stupid to strictly blame this on Obama when all he is doing is deferring it. But when you say stuff such as ""I was going to shove this red-hot poker up your rear now, but instead I'm going to wait!" you clearly are trying to push this as it was his intent to keep this over your head instead of waiting for it to be worked out by the parties that are supposed to work it out.

Obamacare screws the working poor in favor of the non-working poor

http://thehill.com/p...rise-75-percent

Obamacare is actually doing better than it was originally planned to. Premium are only slightly going to be higher for those that paid before, while most likely giving them extra coverage, and still giving the benefit of actually being able to have health insurance to millions that weren't able to receive it before.