I would appreciate Neowin's opinion. Those who have HPs,Surface Pros,or just like computers.
OK, so I am in an engineering academy at school and one of their requirements is obviously a laptop. Up until now I have been chugging along fine with my Surface (RT, first gen), yet they do require me to upgrade. Please note I am leaning towards SP3, yet my dad (who has found the HP and loves HP + cheap prices and is always involved in purchasing computers) is insistent on purchasing the 15t from techbargins. NOTE: I already have a touch cover 2 from my Surface.
If I get the SP3, I would purchase the 128/Core i5 Version
HP Envy 15t: $699
- Run Autodesk Inventor
- Office 2013 (I have it on my Surface first gen)
- Windows 7 or Windows 8
This is the hardware suggestion: However from your experience, does the above software require this? I thought it was overkill but...
- 500+GB of Hard Drive (I have a ton of 32 GB flash drives)
- 8GB RAM
- Intel Xeon i5 or i7 (does this exist?!?, I think they meant core)
- OpenGL + DirectX Graphics Card 512MB recommended
- 1080p output for screen (the Surface Pro should handle this right?)
So I want to know from your experience, does Autodesk (the main software needed) require all this, if not what are the proper specs?