Rogue Legacy is awesome!

Putting Shovel Knight on my wishlist. Haven't heard of it.

It's great!    One platformer that brings back all the happy feelings you had playing games in the 90's

They lie about 8-bit graphics. Anyone who lived through 8-bit generation, will tell you this is 16-bit platformer ;)

Its great!    One platformer that brings back all the happy feelings you had playing games in the 90's

They lie about 8-bit graphics. Anyone who lived through 8-bit generation, will tell you this is 16-bit platformer ;)

Nice! I'll get it when its on sale. Don't have much money to spend on games these days. I do buy pretty much every humble bundle for that reason. More games for less dollars!

Shovel Knight!

Has story!

However, you will definitely get less hours of Shovel Knight and will not come back to it after you finish. Rogue Legacy is playable for a long time and you can play it for ages!

Both are great!

I bought Shovel Knight before reading your reply :) It's a lot of fun. Do we get any special weapons like in MegaMan ? Or is it just spells like fire and phasing ? 

I just pushed back the first cloud on the map

I bought Shovel Knight before reading your reply :) It's a lot of fun. Do we get any special weapons like in MegaMan ? Or is it just spells like fire and phasing ?

some of the relics (spells) you find hidden on the levels (or purchased from merchant if you finish the level without finding it)  can be used as a weapon, and you can apply some shovel upgrades.  no other weapons then shovel.

but learning to use the relics correctly is just as fun.

some of the relics (spells) you find hidden on the levels (or purchased from merchant if you finish the level without finding it)  can be used as a weapon, and you can apply some shovel upgrades.  no other weapons then shovel.

I'm on the third part of the map now. Learning when and where to use the relics is lots of fun too. You can experiment. Haven't bought any armor upgrades yet.

I just love these games. The 8/16-bit nostalgia. One of the big reasons why I loved Super Meat Boy so much!

• Like 1

Any tips for relics? Lvl 102, trying to tackle the maya.

Been using triple jump non-stop so far.

that advice is for shovel knight.        in this game i am only level 40 myself, and i still have not defeated the first boss.   though i got an amazing stage where i teleports open to 3 boss doors !!! 3 deferent levels to explore and i am still too weak even to finish the first boss :(

that advice is for shovel knight.        in this game i am only level 40 myself, and i still have not defeated the first boss.   though i got an amazing stage where i teleports open to 3 boss doors !!! 3 deferent levels to explore and i am still too weak even to finish the first boss :(

No worries! I have two bosses down.

Going to have to download this onto my Vita for cross-save, I'm sure it will be amazing on the Vita in 60FPS with dat OLED screen and dat d-pad.

• Like 1

No worries! I have two bosses down.

Going to have to download this onto my Vita for cross-save, I'm sure it will be amazing on the Vita in 60FPS with dat OLED screen and dat d-pad.

i finally got to level 50 and defeated my first boss.  was very easy with barbarian.  probably could have done it earlier.

not sure which direction to explore next. maya, forest or darkness?

/nevermind i know which one to do next.

I'm using 3 money relic with a double jump and dash.

When i'm confident enough to bet a boss then i try other relics the choice depend on the boss.

The Maya boss looks easy though. I had some troubles with alexander but i was able to get the maya boss down to 50% on my first try and i was out of mana and about 80% health when i started. I'm level 107 should be able to kill the maya boss soon just need to focus on my str more so i can 2 shots maya enemies (requiring 3 hits most of the time foe now) and get to the boss with 100% health and mana. I did not focus on my str neough i think castle and firest trash was easier than maya.

that advice is for shovel knight. in this game i am only level 40 myself, and i still have not defeated the first boss. though i got an amazing stage where i teleports open to 3 boss doors !!! 3 deferent levels to explore and i am still too weak even to finish the first boss :(

Out of the 3 first bosses i would say the first one is the hardest. Be sure to get to him with 100% health and mana and don't be affraid to use your spell. I love the scythe personally. The paladin is the best class imo anyway up to where i'm at (maya boss) it's the best.