Dan Reeves Released

that is crazy. i just read about this on cnn. too bad for him... i think with vick back they could of had a nice finish to their season. maybe they are making room for deion?

that is crazy. i just read about this on cnn. too bad for him... i think with vick back they could of had a nice finish to their season. maybe they are making room for deion?

I heard that as soon as Blank told Reeves that he wouldn't be renewed next year, Reeves asked to be released.

dennis green wouldnt be too bad. and yes, that minority interview rule is total BS. if i was a black coach, i would be insulted if i only got interviewed to satisfy the nfl and never got a job. most teams have coaches in mind when they let their coach walk. see: steve mariucci in detroit, jon gruden in tampa, etc. whether or not black coaches are good enough to coach in the nfl is not the question, look at herm edwards and tony dungee.

That doesn't make much sense to get rid of him, this is his 2nd year with Vick, let him build it up. The guy got hurt and the back-up is crap, I don't see how that is Reeve's fault lol

Either way hopefully they get a good replacement, Don't pick any ex-Lions head coaches lol :p

That doesn't make much sense to get rid of him, this is his 2nd year with Vick, let him build it up. The guy got hurt and the back-up is crap, I don't see how that is Reeve's fault lol

Either way hopefully they get a good replacement, Don't pick any ex-Lions head coaches lol :p

his play calling is atrocious. the falcons have lost 3 games after leading by 17 or more points (washington, new orleans, tennessee) they led minnesota 20-12 at the half. if they win all those games, they are 7-6 and have a shot at the playoffs. reeves doesnt motivate the team well enough, and he makes bad play calls every single week. im glad to have him out. the team is not that bad without vick, definitely not 2-10 bad

Well you watch the games more than me, so I'll take your word for it.

And I would take Dennis Green, he loved throwing those bombs with the Vikings and with Vick they could do the same. Tho I honestly hope you guys don't hire Deion for the job, he is a great player but I don't think he'll be any good as a coach.

-on a side note, the falcons site looks sweet :)

his play calling is atrocious. the falcons have lost 3 games after leading by 17 or more points (washington, new orleans, tennessee) they led minnesota 20-12 at the half. if they win all those games, they are 7-6 and have a shot at the playoffs. reeves doesnt motivate the team well enough, and he makes bad play calls every single week. im glad to have him out. the team is not that bad without vick, definitely not 2-10 bad

If anyone actually wonders all I have to do is point out that game when Duckett was running all over the place, around 80 yards in the first half. So what does Danny do? Runs Duckett about 2 times in the entire second half. Very smart. :(

Catnip - are you registerd on teh Falcons board too? If so whats your nick?

I liked Dan Reeves as a man, but not as a coach. Good move by the Falcons. I wouldn't mind Nick Saban, Herm Edwards, Dennis Green, or Jimmy Johnson. Also it would be great if the Falcons brought in Rich McKay as GM.

If anyone actually wonders all I have to do is point out that game when Duckett was running all over the place, around 80 yards in the first half. So what does Danny do? Runs Duckett about 2 times in the entire second half. Very smart. :(

Catnip - are you registerd on teh Falcons board too? If so whats your nick?

yes i remember that game very well, i believe that was the one against minnesota.

and yes i am, my name is "wrathoftheafe" over there, but i mostly just read over there, the forum is full of spam and fans of other teams that come by and just say how good their team is. whats your username?

yes i remember that game very well, i believe that was the one against minnesota.

and yes i am, my name is "wrathoftheafe" over there, but i mostly just read over there, the forum is full of spam and fans of other teams that come by and just say how good their team is. whats your username?

My nick over there is "dingofish". I agree with you about the quality of the posters - which is why it is so cool to have a sports forum here.

....for some unknown reason, I was thinking of Christopher Reeves...

he could have probably done a better job coaching.... wouldnt go for a field goal down by 7 with 2 minutes to go

My nick over there is "dingofish". I agree with you about the quality of the posters - which is why it is so cool to have a sports forum here.

k ill keep an eye out for you.. and yeah, there are always 30 threads on the same thing, constant flame wars and little to no moderation, so neowins sports forum is way better.. i dont think ive been to the falcons boards since we got this sports forum

Im stull undecided if Reeves should have been released or not. This team is built around Vick, and the game he came back...they won. They didnt give Reeves a shot in my opinion.

But on the other hand, he is a great coach and should have been able to at least salvage more than 2 wins this season without Vick.

I just dunno. But my choice for a replacement would be:

1) Dennis Green

2) Jimmy Johnson (But he isnt leaving his plushy FOX job...that hair...)

3) Primetime (It doesnt hurt to dream)

Im stull undecided if Reeves should have been released or not. This team is built around Vick, and the game he came back...they won. They didnt give Reeves a shot in my opinion.

But on the other hand, he is a great coach and should have been able to at least salvage more than 2 wins this season without Vick.

I just dunno. But my choice for a replacement would be:

1) Dennis Green

2) Jimmy Johnson (But he isnt leaving his plushy FOX job...that hair...)

3) Primetime (It doesnt hurt to dream)

Think of it like this, can you name any coach that has had as bad of a record as Reeves with and still kept their job?

His record is like 47-54. :(

True, but Reeves has been a head coach in this league forever so I think that may have given him a little bit of leeway

and his leeway finally ran out. the falcons are a franchise sick of losing, sick of being the laughing stock of the league. weve got the players, the star power, the ownership, the fan support, the media attention, now we just need a decent coaching staff and we'll be good to go. 2 winning seasons out of 7 isnt going to cut it in atlanta anymore.

I liked Dan Reeves as a man, but not as a coach. Good move by the Falcons. I wouldn't mind Nick Saban, Herm Edwards, Dennis Green, or Jimmy Johnson. Also it would be great if the Falcons brought in Rich McKay as GM.

Dd you hear that McKay left Tampa today? Rumors have him coming to Atlanta... :)

that would shake up things a bit

Think about Tampa from say, 4-5 years ago - they sucked. McKay built the team that won the Superbowl. He knows how to build a top notch team.