Photo

Never had a Mac, will I enjoy using OS X?

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

#106 freelife2014

freelife2014

Neowinian

Posted 17 September 2014 - 07:51

Use Windows much,OS X is fast

#107 Nutsnbolts64

Nutsnbolts64

Neowinian

• Phone: iPhone 4S

Posted 08 October 2014 - 22:08

Coming from using Windows XP and Windows 7, and reading how some people love Mac OS X after switching while others don't - I'm feeling a bit conflicted here. I want to make the switch to try it out but at the same I don't. 

All I use my computer for is browsing the web, writing, music, excel, downloading, managing documents etc. Just regular stuff. Would the supposed pleasure experienced from OS X on a Macbook be worth it? Price is not a factor, so just tell me your views based on the actual OS rather than Apples hardware or prices.

I would love to hear your views.

It took me about a week to get used to it. Then I really loved it. It's fluid and user-friendly. You probably already made your decision by now. If you went with Mac, I just wanted to add that you should probably wait to get Mac OS X Yosemite until after the beta testing is finished and the final version is released. There have been bugs. 

#108 Atlantico

Atlantico

Neowinian

Posted 18 October 2014 - 21:47

Coming from using Windows XP and Windows 7, and reading how some people love Mac OS X after switching while others don't - I'm feeling a bit conflicted here. I want to make the switch to try it out but at the same I don't. 

All I use my computer for is browsing the web, writing, music, excel, downloading, managing documents etc. Just regular stuff. Would the supposed pleasure experienced from OS X on a Macbook be worth it? Price is not a factor, so just tell me your views based on the actual OS rather than Apples hardware or prices.

I would love to hear your views.

Sure, you'll probably be very happy with OS X, it is a very good OS. You'll also wonder, why anyone ever needed a Start Menu. Like ever. 

No such thing in OS X and yet it works. Very well. In fact, it is quite similar to Windows 8.