• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 elenarie

elenarie

Newbie .NET / game dev

• Tech Issues Solved: 2
  • Phone: Lumia 920 Yellow

Posted 04 August 2014 - 19:41

IE11 x64 with EPM on Win 8.1 x64 / fully updated.

Weird thing when marking posts as solutions. If you mark post X as a solution, X's poster will get his issues solved counter increased by 1. But afterwards if you change your mind, and mark Y as the solution without first clicking on the X post to unmark that one, Y will get his issues solved counter increased by one, but X's won't be reduced by one.

Then you can repeat the process backwards, and their counters will just keep rising. I guess this may be something to have a look at, as it can be exploited.

Example of where this happened: http://www.neowin.ne...#entry596520065

Best Answer Steven P. , 05 August 2014 - 06:28

Well I just tried it myself and I was able to mark elenarie's post as the answer, and then mark unsolved and the count went fromn 3 back to 2. I also did the same on Seahorsepip's post and the solved numbers are still correct, (elenarie stayed at 2) not a bug.

Go to the full post

#2 Steven P.

Steven P.

aka Neobond

• Tech Issues Solved: 88

Posted 04 August 2014 - 20:22

Did you do these steps by also refreshing the page fully (before marking unresolved, and then marking another post resolved)?

#3 OP elenarie

elenarie

Newbie .NET / game dev

Posted 04 August 2014 - 21:12

Did you do these steps by also refreshing the page fully (before marking unresolved, and then marking another post resolved)?

I am like 95% sure that I did not.

#4 +Seahorsepip

Seahorsepip

http://seapip.com

• Tech Issues Solved: 27
  • Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 05 August 2014 - 06:03

Also had this problem before and if you modify the url of the check as solved it's possible to abuse it to check your own answer as solved as I said before.

#5 Steven P.

Steven P.

aka Neobond

• Tech Issues Solved: 88

Posted 05 August 2014 - 06:28   Best Answer

Well I just tried it myself and I was able to mark elenarie's post as the answer, and then mark unsolved and the count went fromn 3 back to 2. I also did the same on Seahorsepip's post and the solved numbers are still correct, (elenarie stayed at 2) not a bug.

#6 OP elenarie

elenarie

Newbie .NET / game dev

Posted 05 August 2014 - 08:44

Oh, it is definitely happening. I just increased your count by three and Sea's count as well.

Mind you, I am not clicking the Mark Unsolved button. But just straight clicking on another person's Mark Solved button.

#7 +Seahorsepip

Seahorsepip

http://seapip.com

• Tech Issues Solved: 27
  • Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 10 August 2014 - 15:42

Correct? I remember to have my solved number on 19 before :p

When I go to my answered posts in my profile I see 15 answers not 20 O.o