The Hollywood ''remake syndrome'' is spreading fast.

Looks more like an hd version than a full remake.

I agree with previous post the 80s b style movie needs to be included.

It's not a remake. It's an hd  version.

It's like the HD blu ray of Lawrence of Arabia.

A remake is when you start from scratch and make it again.

I agree with previous post the 80s b style movie needs to be included.

You can't directly compare games to movies like that. Games can be a HD version simply by changing the resolution and maybe the GUI on newer hardware. Ad in some better textures if you want some more effort

once you start making new models, redoing the environments and effects for new hardware as well, then it's pretty much a remake, even if the wording isn't entirely accurate.

As much as I enjoyed the original title I really don't have any interest in this remake. The graphics simply aren't up to modern standards, certainly not even close to 'next-gen', and there aren't any substantial changes to the gameplay either.

This seems like a cheap cash-in.

You can't directly compare games to movies like that. Games can be a HD version simply by changing the resolution and maybe the GUI on newer hardware. Ad in some better textures if you want some more effort

once you start making new models, redoing the environments and effects for new hardware as well, then it's pretty much a remake, even if the wording isn't entirely accurate.

It's a remake yes but not like a movie remake. Like you said we can't compere the 2.

A movie remake involve a complete makeover. New actors. New special effect. New set. It's almost impossible to have a 1 to 1 movie remake.

In the case of video games even if you redo the models you can make them to look like the old ones but with more polys. Same with the background. So yeah it's a remake but it serves the same purpose as a remastered blue ray.

As much as I enjoyed the original title I really don't have any interest in this remake. The graphics simply aren't up to modern standards, certainly not even close to 'next-gen', and there aren't any substantial changes to the gameplay either.

That's what i thought about Baldur's Gate EE at first. Then i decided to buy it and realized it was still better than 99.99% of the new games coming out. Will definitely but the EE of Planescape Torment.

I would not mind replaying RE, RE2 and RE3. Would not pay more than 5$ for each of them though.

I don't mind the graphics so much, but did the animations and all have to continue to be so meh? I mean, Metal Gear Solid's remake of Twin Snakes did more than just a graphical overhaul. It's just a shame that everything still looks so clunky.

Then again, I suppose I can't complain. The game wouldn't really be scary if you knew you could easily run circles around your enemy. :pinch:

I remember playing this on the PSone back in the 90s. If I told you how many times I jumped from suprises..... The gamecube version was an awesome remake, cannot wait for this.

Resident Evil 1-3 is on sale in a bundle on PSN just now. RE1 copy is the Directors Cut as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Definitely excited for this. RE1/2 struck a good balance with the difficulty. They weren't easy, but once you knew what had to be done, and kept alert, you more or less got through it. Most games can't achieve this. They push for harder difficulty to make the game last longer, or lesser difficulty to appeal to casual gamers. RE1 was a little harder than 2 (damn dogs) but still pretty doable.

I'm not really a fan of survival horror, so part of the RE effect is lost on me. I just loved exploring that old mansion (and police station