I wasn't exactly sure on how to title this but here go, a RE-REmake. The gamecube game was amazing, so getting to play it again with a higher rez will be amazing!

We are proud to announce Resident Evil for PlayStation?4, PlayStation? 3, Xbox One, Xbox 360 and PC. Resident Evil will be available to purchase digitally across Europe and North America in Early 2015.

The hugely popular Resident Evil series, having sold over 61 million units to date, returns to its roots with a remastered version of the critically acclaimed masterpiece, Resident Evil. Originally released in 1996, Resident Evil was then ?remade? in 2002 from the ground up with new visuals, gameplay elements, environments and story details whilst retaining the survival horror atmosphere the series had become synonymous for. Both fans of the franchise who want a trip down memory lane and those who are yet to experience the game that coined the term survival horror for the gaming world will appreciate this definitive re-visit of that iconic 2002 Resident Evil title.

Using the latest resolution enhancement and 3D model technology, game resolutions and textures have been significantly upgraded, including 1080p support on next-gen consoles, resulting in characters and backgrounds coming to life in greater detail than ever seen before in Resident Evil. Not only will the graphics impress but the tense sound effects have been fully remastered with 5.1 surround support for a greater gaming atmosphere. Players are now able to choose not only between experiencing the terror at the classic 4:3 ratio or a stunning 16:9 widescreen mode but also the type of control scheme they play with. The classic control scheme remains for fans of the original play style or there?s an alternative scheme where the character moves directly in the direction of the analogue stick, utilizing the standards of the current generation of gaming. Both the control scheme and the display options can be toggled between at any time during gameplay.

The intense horror fans first experienced with the release of the original Resident Evil is back. Taking place in the now notorious Raccoon City, players choose to take on the role of either S.T.A.R.S. (Special Tactics and Rescue Service) team member Chris Redfield or Jill Valentine who have been sent into the city to find the missing Bravo team. When the team is suddenly attacked by a ferocious group of mutated dogs, desperate for an escape they take shelter in the Mansion, but will they ever get out alive again? Players will need to be brave as they adventure through the dark, enclosed spaces searching out the horrors that await them. With limited ammo and survival items available gamers will need to keep their wits about them to survive the various traps and puzzles that greet them at every stage.

• Like 2

This looks to be another generation of remake and rehashed games. I was hoping that companies would stop 'updating' their old games with better graphics, and re-imagining their old franchises and come up with new things for this new generation of consoles.

I'll still buy it though. Grumble.

This looks to be another generation of remake and rehashed games. I was hoping that companies would stop 'updating' their old games with better graphics, and re-imagining their old franchises and come up with new things for this new generation of consoles.

I'll still buy it though. Grumble.

Meh.. most new games suck, they have very little identity, all samey and too easy in that they help you every step of the way... these old games are more challenging, i know we have all played them but much more fun revisiting these with good graphics than playing some of the rubbish that gets churned out these days. More remakes please.

Meh.. most new games suck, they have very little identity, all samey and too easy in that they help you every step of the way... these old games are more challenging, i know we have all played them but much more fun revisiting these with good graphics than playing some of the rubbish that gets churned out these days. More remakes please.

I get what you mean, but I'd rather companies rise to the challenge and just make better games overall. Remakes are literally acknowledging that the companies suck, but they can still make money off better graphics on old products.

I weep for the future.

This is capcom we are talking about here. Think of how many times they redid street fighter II? You should have known this was going to happen. Personally I would only buy RE 2 and 3 with updated graphics.

• Like 1

I get what you mean, but I'd rather companies rise to the challenge

Can they?

Big companies fired (or lost to smaller studio) about everyone they had with an once of creativity.

I just bought Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition on Steam and god it's probably the best game i played in the last 10 years or so. It speaks for itself ...

[edit]

oh and yes i'm so gonna buy this if they make it right. Please no 3d crap. I just want high res background and higher poly 3d models and also a little bit less clunky control (don't make it an action game though).

I played around with the GC version on Dolphin Emulator which allows games to run at native resolution, the textures weren't great but the models were absolutely mind blowing, very excited for this.

Remake of a remake, and a lazy one at that. Surely PS3 can handle a 1080p version of this too?

You're able to determine that from the few pictures in the video?

I'm not sure I understand why people are hating on this so much.

You're able to determine that from the few pictures in the video?

I'm not sure I understand why people are hating on this so much.

From the arcticle:

game resolutions and textures have been significantly upgraded, including 1080p support on next-gen consoles

My emphasis added. I have also read on other sites that XBox360 and PS3 will both be at 720. While this may be acceptable to 360 owners, I feel that PS3 could do this at 1080 if a little more effort was put into it.

Don't get me wrong, I loved this game when it came out originally, and I'd love to play it again, but I just think PS3 owners in particular are being short-changed.

From the arcticle:

My emphasis added. I have also read on other sites that XBox360 and PS3 will both be at 720. While this may be acceptable to 360 owners, I feel that PS3 could do this at 1080 if a little more effort was put into it.

Don't get me wrong, I loved this game when it came out originally, and I'd love to play it again, but I just think PS3 owners in particular are being short-changed.

360 and PS3 are indeed 720p, I wouldn't doubt this is part of a push to get people buying it on the recent consoles instead of the last-gen.

Also there is no need for that little dig at 360 owners, both those consoles are pretty much on par.

• Like 1

Resident Evil 0 remake as well. Sad, that that game to this day can only be played on a GameCube (and possibly Wii)

Resident Evil 0 remake as well. Sad, that that game to this day can only be played on a GameCube (and possibly Wii)

I assume it would have been running on the same engine as the REmake, so hopefully if this sells well enough it'll be an indicator for Capcom to go ahead and bring Zero across too (providing no licensing with Nintendo gets in the way)

• 3 months later...

I'm a massive Resident Evil fan.

I've played every Resident Evil game.

I've also watched every film.

So its safe to say I'm pretty hyped about this.