Landline Phones

We have 2 sets of phones. An AT&T (2-set), and VTech (3-set)

The AT&T phones have been great, we haven't had an issue.

THe V-Techs, however are a little weird. We press the button to turn on dialtone, nothing, we press again and again, finally it turns over. Also, with one phone, the numbers sometimes messed up. when you press "1" you might get "12".

It's a havoc, and I'm wondering, should we just get another AT&T phone, ditch the VTech? I think warranty just ran out like 6 months ago.

Or should I go with another brand? Remember, I'd need a 3-set. one landline, 2 wireless.

Use wireless phones. You can get a base unit and up to 6 handsets in some countries

And your proof is where? If you mean wireless phones, as in cell phones, we're all using prepaid.

Find yourself some well build Panasonic phones.

I have looked at those. Any in specific you would recommend?

Yup cordless / wireless 1.8 ghz Panasonic landline phones I mean (so they wont interfere with wireless networks).

I'm using one here. The KX-TG6722NZB. Dont know what the model is over there. Wherever you are. This will also work in a power cut.

These are meant to take up to 6 handsets (well there is another extra handset, here that you can get - so there's 3 of them), But, I cant find the extra handset here to buy

The main 2. Ones the base (and plugs into the phone jack). And it's also an answer phone. The extra handsets you can plug anywhere in a house. Just plug them into a power point

But with the extra handsets, if you buy any, they need to be registered on the base, before you can use them

Yup cordless / wireless 1.8 ghz Panasonic landline phones I mean (so they wont interfere with wireless networks).

I'm using one here. The KX-TG6722NZB. Dont know what the model is over there. Wherever you are. This will also work in a power cut.

These are meant to take up to 6 handsets (well there is another extra handset, here that you can get - so there's 3 of them), But, I cant find the extra handset here to buy

The main 2. Ones the base (and plugs into the phone jack). And it's also an answer phone. The extra handsets you can plug anywhere in a house. Just plug them into a power point

But with the extra handsets, if you buy any, they need to be registered on the base, before you can use them

Or you can go with the DECT standard (which also avoids wireless networks) from Panasonic, AT&T, and Uniden.

They come in multipacks as well (base+three, base+four, and base+five).

I'm replacing a Uniden older-standard base+three with a DECT AT&T base+three.

The reality that the non-base models only need a power outlet makes them ideal for temporary placement (we have one in our sun room, for example).

I love this phone. Easy to use. Easy to set up so you know who's calling. Has caller ID.; You can add phone no's then transfer them from one handset to the other.

You can program it so it will ring (silently, so you can't hear it), for whatever time/s. Has a speakerphone option so you dont have to hold it when you talk

If there are messages on the answerphone the light at the top flashes. (it flashes when the phone rings too). Press it, it plays back the message. You can play the message back on the phone then delete it on the phone

And yup the main reason I got this, you can talk / ring when there's a power cut. Leave the handset on the base, dial / talk.

Actually a few days after I brought it, the whole street had a power cut.

These are very nice, and the base can be used as a speakerphone, not the same as a corded handset. - http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-KX-TGE243B-Expandable-Cordless-Answering/dp/B00ISKW3VI/ref=sr_1_1?s=office-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1407298031&sr=1-1&keywords=Panasonic+KX-TGE243B

And this is a nice set also, includes corded handset - http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-KX-TG6672B-Cordless-Answering-Handsets/dp/B005FVDXHQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1407296881&sr=8-1&keywords=KX-TG6672B

I have been using Panasonic cordless for years and I have never had a problem with them.  And if you want to purchase some great rechargeable batteries these are fantastic, they were Sanyo eneloop NiMH. but Panasonic bought Sanyo, still the best replacement batteries. - http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-BK-4MCCA4BA-Pre-Charged-Rechargeable-Batteries/dp/B00JHKSMJK/ref=sr_1_2?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1407297511&sr=1-2&keywords=eneloop

DECT Phones are relatively cheap these days, They are in the UK anyway. I was looking at a Cisco one but its way over priced for what it is. But it did look cool though... Yes sometimes I am vain haha.