Skype Update [WP8 / W8]

The app is now at version 2.21. Here is the full changelog:

• Send photos: You can now send photos to one or more contacts and you can receive photos from friends and family who use an iPhone (V5.0 or above) or Windows Phone 8 or Windows Phone 8.1 device. When you share photos to your contacts who use other platforms, they may receive a URL link to open the pictures.
  • See more conversation history: In chat view, you can now scroll up to load even more of your conversation history.
  • Text mark-up: Use text mark-up such as asterisks to make your text *bold* and underscores to make your text _italic_.
  • Add favorites from chat view: In chat view, tap the options button and add the contact you?re chatting with to your favorites.
  • Performance improvements: Microsoft says it is focused on ?building a great app that puts conversations first by working hard on performance improvements.?

Keep in mind that the app updates are rolling out now and may not be available for your phone, tablet or PC until later today. What do you think of this new Skype update for Windows Phone 8.1 and Windows 8.1?

Source: Skype blog

I updated though I haven't used it.  I only use Skype for video calls, not for messaging or sending photos etc so I can't speak about it's other features much.

Skype still has performance problems and is still buggy. What's holding them back? I can't believe that they still can't do proper video calls after so many "performance improvements" releases.

At this point I am not even sure if the problem is in the app or if the WP APIs itself are lacking. It still drops videos on both ends if app goes in the background and is brought back in the foreground.