...bride, 30, dies of cancer just a month after triumphant wedding

Love does conquer all....

http://m.freep.com/obituaries/article?a=2014308040184&f=3890

Flint bride, 30, dies of cancer just a month after triumphant wedding

Her dream was to marry the love of her life before her own life was extinguished.

Jennifer Hutcheson, who had terminal esophageal cancer, married her boyfriend of nine years, Allen Korth, on July 6.

She died Monday at age 30.

Hutcheson, her body skeletal from half a decade battling the illness that metastasized throughout her body, had her dream come true thanks to the Michigan chapter of Wish Upon a Wedding, a national organization that helps plan weddings for couples when one person is terminally ill.

The Hutcheson-Korth affair was a quaint ceremony and barbecue at a home in Fenton, where the dinner tables were festooned with black, white and fuchsia. Because Hutcheson wasn't feeling well that day, the Flint couple's ceremony was moved inside, with guests listening to the exchange of vows piped out into the party tent. When the couple made a brief appearance outdoors, the approximately 50 people cheered as they wiped their tears.

Leslie Toldo officiated at the wedding and will do the same at Hutcheson's funeral, according to Sharp Funeral Home and Cremation Center's Web site.

Hutcheson was a 2002 graduate of Kearsley High School in Genesee Township and was the owner-operator of Playful Pup.

Erin Scharf, spokeswoman for national Wish Upon a Wedding, was sad, yet heartened the organization could bring Hutcheson joy in her last weeks of life.

"The need is out there to grant weddings for brides who are facing a devastating illness," she said. "She wasn't married very long, but it was her dream. We made that wish come true for her."

Hutcheson, who was told in February that she had two to six months to live, had a Jack Russell and a schnauzer with Korth, 49, according to the local chapter.

Hutcheson is survived by Korth; her mother and stepfather, Randy Jo and Steven McFarlane; a sister; two brothers, and three grandparents.

Visitation is 5-9 p.m. Wednesday at Sharp Funeral Home and Cremation Center, 6063 Fenton Road in Flint. Funeral services are 11 a.m. Thursday.

Memorial donations may be made to the Humane Society of Genesee County.

yjyrazem.jpg

They were together for 9 years, why wait until she was at death's door before tying the knot?

I had a friend with terminal cancer and he chose to get married shortly before his death, very much like this story. It's more of a 'now or never' sort of thing and it's a touching way to celebrate a relationship cut short.

• Like 1

I married my fiancee of 5 years last year after a diagnosis of glioblastoma multiforma. They origionally gave me 15 months, and that date will be here in November. Do i have any regrets? Yes, i wish i had done it sooner, but at least she will get my work pension when i do kick off, be it 15 months or 15 years.

• Like 1

I married my fiancee of 5 years last year after a diagnosis of glioblastoma multiforma. They origionally gave me 15 months, and that date will be here in November. Do i have any regrets? Yes, i wish i had done it sooner, but at least she will get my work pension when i do kick off, be it 15 months or 15 years.

Sorry to hear! Glad she makes you happy however, love is a special thing. All the best :)