Hand of God sent missile into sea

This is awesome news. As a theological student in my second semester, here are two excerpts from the article, along with a terrorist who was quoted in a newspaper.

'Hand of God sent missile into sea'
Iron Dome operator: 'I witnessed this miracle with my own eyes'

?We fired the first [interceptor]. It missed. Second [interceptor]. It missed. This is very rare. I was in shock. At this point we had just four seconds until the missile lands. We had already notified emergency services to converge on the target location and had warned of a mass-casualty incident. 

?Suddenly, Iron Dome (which calculates wind speeds, among other things) shows a major wind coming from the east, a strong wind that ? sends the missile into the sea. We were all stunned. I stood up and shouted, ?There is a God!?

?I witnessed this miracle with my own eyes. It was not told or reported to me. I saw the hand of God send that missile into the sea.?

Next incident:

Winter indicated a predawn raid intended to use darkness as cover was delayed, forcing the soldiers to move toward their objective as sunrise was approaching.

With the troops in danger of being exposed at daybreak, Winter explained how heavy fog quickly descended to shroud their movements until their mission was accomplished.

?Suddenly a cloud protected us,? he said, referring to clouds the Bible says guided the ancient Israelites as they wandered in the desert. ?Clouds of glory.?

Winter said only when the soldiers were in a secure position, the fog finally lifted.

?It really was a fulfillment of the verse ?For the Lord your God is the one who goes with you to give you victory,?? he said, quoting Deuteronomy 20:4.

Photo from a newspaper with a terrorist being quoted:

God-changes-path-of-rockets-jewish-teleg

Source

This brings me great joy and really deepens what I have learned in theological college.

• Like 3

so which of these gods that are more powerful? allah or yahweh?

Trick question, they are one and the same for the most part. The idea that god diverts 2 rockets but lets a thousand or so people die over this latest conflict is laughable at best. 

Trick question, they are one and the same for the most part. The idea that god diverts 2 rockets but lets a thousand or so people die over this latest conflict is laughable at best. 

God's doing it for the LOLs.

• Like 3

Religion?the illogical and unsupportable belief in mythical sky beings and magical prophets?is the very reason the world is the mess that it is. If any God would protect Israel while allowing Palestinian civilians to be slaughtered en masse then that's not a God I would want to know.

I feel sorry for the OP, I really do.  It sounds as if he has bought into this whole-heartedly.

It sounds like he actually thinks this happened, and that god (I never capitalize that)  chose to divert 2 missles, yet still let 20,000 babies die today....some horribly.

I feel sorry the OP has chosen this path ("theology student in my second semester") -  I only hope he decides to start reading the harder books instead of 1 easy one while he is a student.   :no:

Interesting how all these atheists (?) dog pile on religion, yet many who are religious choose not to berate them, just either stand aside and not say anything or stand up for what they believe in. No athiest gives the benefit of the doubt. Except, I was watching Star Trek Voyager, and in quite a few episodes they (the writers) chose to incorporate Christian references even as Scientific and Futuristic a show as it is. Now, media, magazines, TV, and the Internet are afraid of Religion. Interesting isn't it? 

EDIT: And to those who choose to reply to this comment, please read it thoroughly.  :ike:

Yeah, God was quite happy to sit back and watch hundreds of children be bombed and murdered but swatted one missile away. Please.

I'm afraid to ask:

How so?

In terms of TV, it's a lazy and boring plot device, that's been used over and over again, that allows writers to write themselves out of any situation they get themselves into. The final season of Lost used it, and it did not go down well, not because of its themes, but because it was obvious the writers didn't know what they were doing. If they'd done that with say, Breaking Bad, that wouldn't have been remotely entertaining. People expect a little more effort from TV shows and movies than they used to, nothing to do with being "afraid" of religion.

Interesting how all these atheists (?) dog pile on religion, yet many who are religious choose not to berate them, just either stand aside and not say anything or stand up for what they believe in.

It has nothing to do with religion and everything to do with reason and evidence. Take this topic, for instance - it is utterly unreasonable to believe that a god would deflect rockets entering Israel. There has been NO verifiable evidence to support the existence of any god, let alone one actively taking sides. Therefore such a belief is fanatical and warrants criticism and/or condemnation.

Interesting how all these atheists (?) dog pile on religion, yet many who are religious choose not to berate them, just either stand aside and not say anything or stand up for what they believe in. No athiest gives the benefit of the doubt. Except, I was watching Star Trek Voyager, and in quite a few episodes they (the writers) chose to incorporate Christian references even as Scientific and Futuristic a show as it is. Now, media, magazines, TV, and the Internet are afraid of Religion. Interesting isn't it? 

EDIT: And to those who choose to reply to this comment, please read it thoroughly.   :ike:

Im not berating the OP but the story. A story coming from a known right religious leaning site, talking about "terrorists" claim of god's intervention while completely ignoring the complete death and destruction seemingly allowed by the same god. The story is a joke at best. The OP chose to post it knowing full well the outcome of doing so. The OP has a history of similar posts and similar dealings with atheists on this forum, so it could possibly be argued that it's troll bait for the sake of it. Also you're either truly ignorant when you comment about atheist dog piling on religion while also saying many religious ignore or stand up for their beliefs or you're trolling yourself. Do atheist not have an equal right to stand up to their own beliefs? Do you purposely ignore when the religious dog pile on atheists? 

• Like 5

Source

this is awesome news. as a theological student in my second semester, Here are two excerpts from the article.along with a terrorist who was quoted in a newspaper.

next incident

Photo from a newspaper with a terrorist being quoted

This brings me great joy and really deepens what I have learned in theological college.

I honestly do not know what to make of your comments.

• Like 1

So, 1 or 2 low-tech missiles go off course and suddenly that's god's doing? Riiiiiight... :rolleyes:

Come talk to me about god when EVERY SINGLE attempt at an attack against Israel is mysteriously deflected. THEN we can talk about them being protected by something.

Until then, it's just random chance and junk hardware.

Source

this is awesome news. as a theological student in my second semester, Here are two excerpts from the article.along with a terrorist who was quoted in a newspaper.

next incident

Photo from a newspaper with a terrorist being quoted

God-changes-path-of-rockets-jewish-teleg

Did they teach you in theological college that you have just shot yourself in the foot by voiding the free will defence to the problem of evil and now everyone is perfectly justified in asking why he chose to do this instead of helping children working in the sex trade or starving to death. Is he a racist who only helps hs 'chosen people' ? Has he finally got over his social anxiety?

Kindergarten theology is embarrassing.

You actually believe this crap?! I thought you were studying those myths for academical reasons but I was horribly wrong. You don't seem to have a grasp on what mathematical chance and probability is.

By the way, I've got an old rock for sale, touched by jesus himself.

Why only 1 or 2 missiles ?  Why those missiles ?  Did he not care about all of the other missiles in all of the wars ?  Is he not powerful enough ?  Did he think the other missiles were just ?   Why did he choose to save those people ?  Are they more deserving than others ?

I think the OP has to know deep down inside this is silly.  Im sure he saw this article and posted it because it is something current and on the world stage claiming divine intervention.  He saw a rare chance to post something that was pro-religion.

I find it very disheartening that a "college" would foster this kind of thinking.  (or lack thereof)