Jeremy Clarkson 'not racist' says BBC chief

Fake controversy is fake. As I said, I don't watch the show precisely because I don't like it. Insulting my manhood isn't going to change that. Clarkson makes controversial statements for the sake of it, with the intention being to create headlines. Insulting entire racial, ethnic and socioeconomic demographics isn't a legitimate rebuttal to political correctness - it's infantile and manipulative.

Jeremy Clarkson is a race-baiter.

He doesn't act like this to drum up viewers or news, it's just he's real self that he won't sensor. If you read any of he's books or watch he's shows before Top Gear he always had some slight racial banter at another nations. That's just who he is and shouldn't be fired because of it.

I was taught "catch a tigger"... and till this 'scandal' I was oblivious it was anything else. Probably because grown ups don't play chase and don't make decisions using rhymes.

It was always catch a N in Australia I never heard tiger and I'm only 25. 

I was taught "catch a tigger"... and till this 'scandal' I was oblivious it was anything else. Probably because grown ups don't play chase and don't make decisions using rhymes.

Yep.

Whatever word he actually used is completely irrelevant anyway.  What many people seem to miss about this whole incident, is that that particular clip was never transmitted anyway.  The mumbled version was cut from the broadcast and changed to something totally innocuous.  Someone then obtained the cut version and posted it up to deliberately try to get Jezza into trouble.

It's really quite pathetic.  He has nothing to apologise for, because no "offensive" version was ever actually transmitted anyway.