ryse: son of rome crytek frankfurt microsoft studios crytek deep silver pc

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Kalint

Kalint

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 07 August 2014 - 15:49

Xbox One launch title Ryse: Son of Rome launches on PC later this year, developer Crytek has announced.

Crytek will self-publish the digital version of the gory action game. Publisher Deep Silver will distribute a boxed version.

The PC release supports 4K resolution and includes all Ryse DLC packs that have released since the game's launch on Xbox One in November 2013.

The DLC includes the Colosseum Pack, the Mars' Chosen Pack, the Duel of Fates Pack and the Morituri Pack. The PC version also grants instant access to the Ruins multiplayer map and the Legionnaire's Trust sword, which were initially bundled with the special edition of the game.

"4K gaming is another leap in graphics quality for PC gamers and Ryse is the perfect showcase for what's now possible in high-end PC games," Crytek business development chief Carl Jones said.

"We've given our team the opportunity to show what CryEngine can really achieve, without compromising quality, thanks to the incredible hardware available now to PC gamers. Ryse will be a benchmark PC graphics showcase this year and probably for a long time in future. Our community asked for a Ryse PC version, and we have the means and technology to deliver this title with the highest quality possible."

German company Crytek recently suffered financial problems but appears to have stabilised following the sale of the Homefront IP and Crytek UK to Deep Silver. Ryse on PC is one of four Crytek games in development, the others being Hunt, Arena of Fate and Warface.

A deal for Ryse 2 was in the works with publisher Microsoft, but it collapsed after Crytek refused to grant Microsoft the rights to the franchise.

Screenshots of the PC version are below.

sauce: http://www.eurogamer...nnounced-for-pc

Oh boy a console QTE game is coming to PC!!  Weeeeeeeeeee!

#2 Draconian Guppy

Draconian Guppy

LippyZillaD Council

• Tech Issues Solved: 3

Posted 07 August 2014 - 15:50

OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG

#3 LaP

LaP

Forget about it

• Tech Issues Solved: 4

Posted 07 August 2014 - 15:58

To be honest i'm not really interested in the game. I've played it for a couple of minutes on XBox One and while it's not bad there's way too many great games on PC to care about this one.

Still nice that Crytek realised exclusivity doesn't pay unless you receive a money hat which considering their recent financial problems they clearly did not receive.

#4 SierraSonic

SierraSonic

SierraSonic

Posted 07 August 2014 - 15:58

Oh look, a reason to get this game. I'll buy it if only to have microsoft support the PC more.

#5 Crisp

Crisp

To infinity and beyond

Posted 07 August 2014 - 15:59

QTE

Skills

Ryse_59878.jpg

#6 OP Kalint

Kalint

Neowinian Senior

Posted 07 August 2014 - 16:07

Skills

Ryse_59878.jpg

haha don't worry I have my exclusive Ryse controller!

Attached Images

• 1384493696331.jpg

#7 LaP

LaP

Forget about it

• Tech Issues Solved: 4

Posted 07 August 2014 - 16:09

Skills

QTE events can be nice here and there. I mean there was many QTE in Tomb Raider and i did not mind them all that much. I really liked Tomb Raider a lot. But Tomb Raider is also hard when played at hard.

Oh look, a reason to get this game. I'll buy it if only to have microsoft support the PC more.

Buy Dead Rising 3 instead ;) from what i played of both it's clearly better.

#8 theyarecomingforyou

theyarecomingforyou

Tiger Trainer

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: Galaxy Note 3 with Galaxy Gear

Posted 07 August 2014 - 16:42

Hardly surprising given Crytek's dire financial situation. It sunk a lot of money into Ryse and it performed poorly. At least on the PC it will truly be a next-gen title, even if the gameplay looks thoroughly mediocre.

Buy Dead Rising 3 instead ;) from what i played of both it's clearly better.

Dead Rising 3 is shaping up to be a terrible port. It is being 'optimised for 30fps', which is unacceptably low for a PC game. It's a dated, last-gen title that was rushed to be a XB1 launch title and is being belatedly ported to PC.

#9 OP Kalint

Kalint

Neowinian Senior

Posted 07 August 2014 - 17:15

Hardly surprising given Crytek's dire financial situation. It sunk a lot of money into Ryse and it performed poorly. At least on the PC it will truly be a next-gen title, even if the gameplay looks thoroughly mediocre.

Dead Rising 3 is shaping up to be a terrible port. It is being 'optimised for 30fps', which is unacceptably low for a PC game. It's a dated, last-gen title that was rushed to be a XB1 launch title and is being belatedly ported to PC.

30fps?  A-are you serious?

#10 theyarecomingforyou

theyarecomingforyou

Tiger Trainer

Posted 07 August 2014 - 17:20

30fps?  A-are you serious?

Yup. It's being designed for 30fps, with users able to disable the framerate cap at their own risk.

#11 OP Kalint

Kalint

Neowinian Senior

Posted 07 August 2014 - 17:25

Yup. It's being designed for 30fps, with users able to disable the framerate cap at their own risk.

Well thats capcom for ya.  Capcom pc ports are just as bad as Infinity Ward.

#12 theyarecomingforyou

theyarecomingforyou

Tiger Trainer

Posted 07 August 2014 - 17:48

Well thats capcom for ya.  Capcom pc ports are just as bad as Infinity Ward.

To be fair it's not just that it's a port, as the XB1 version was a trainwreck (720p, 30fps, performance issues, massive patches). It was a sloppy game from conception.

#13 +Audioboxer

Audioboxer

Hermit Arcana

Posted 07 August 2014 - 17:59

To be fair it's not just that it's a port, as the XB1 version was a trainwreck (720p, 30fps, performance issues, massive patches). It was a sloppy game from conception.

900p

#14 Anthony Tosie

Anthony Tosie

Neowinian

Posted 07 August 2014 - 18:14

It's not even remotely a trainwreck. As Audioboxer pointed out, it was 900p, and there weren't many performance issues I encountered. Hell, it just won the SIGGRAPH Award. I wouldn't call it sloppy, though I would say it lacks the depth of many AAA games.

Hopefully this does well enough that a sequel will be released that expands the gameplay a little more. Crytek probably would be in a better situation if it just sold the IP to Microsoft, but Microsoft trying to bully a developer into selling an IP is a pretty crappy way of doing business.

#15 theyarecomingforyou

theyarecomingforyou

Tiger Trainer

Posted 07 August 2014 - 19:20

900p

It's not even remotely a trainwreck. As Audioboxer pointed out, it was 900p, and there weren't many performance issues I encountered. Hell, it just won the SIGGRAPH Award. I wouldn't call it sloppy, though I would say it lacks the depth of many AAA games.

I was talking about Dead Rising 3, not Ryse. You'll see that I was quoting another user discussing Capcom.