• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ACTIONpack

ACTIONpack

Graphic Designer

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 925 (T-Mobile)

Posted 07 August 2014 - 17:32

I have updated to the new PD version of Windows 8.1 (update 1). Everything seem to work like but Cortona does not seem to hear me speak. I'm on T-Mobile with Nokia Lumia 925 (black). Does anyone have this issue?

#2 Geoffrey B.

Geoffrey B.

LittleNeutrino

• Tech Issues Solved: 11
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 928 WP8.1u1

Posted 07 August 2014 - 17:35

i have a lumia 928 and i have also noticed that she is having  a much more difficult time understanding me than she used to.

#3 George P

George P

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: HTC Windows Phone 8X

Posted 08 August 2014 - 13:55

It might not be the update but it could be the backend that they're working on, or it could be due to 8.1U1 being at an early preview stage.  I expect at least one more build of this to get pushed out to preview users before they RTM it for everyone else, remember, 8.1 got 3 build updates before the general rollout started from what I remember.

The 925 might also need to get Cyan to work well with update 1, don't know for sure.

#4 OP ACTIONpack

ACTIONpack

Graphic Designer

Posted 08 August 2014 - 14:20

It might not be the update but it could be the backend that they're working on, or it could be due to 8.1U1 being at an early preview stage.  I expect at least one more build of this to get pushed out to preview users before they RTM it for everyone else, remember, 8.1 got 3 build updates before the general rollout started from what I remember.

The 925 might also need to get Cyan to work well with update 1, don't know for sure.

Cyan update for 925 has already been release for AT&T version of the phone.

#5 George P

George P

Neowinian Senior

Posted 08 August 2014 - 15:54

Cyan update for 925 has already been release for AT&T version of the phone.

Yeah, but you said in your OP that you're on black and not cyan.

#6 OP ACTIONpack

ACTIONpack

Graphic Designer

Posted 08 August 2014 - 16:38

Yeah, but you said in your OP that you're on black and not cyan.

Yes, but I was applying to your other comment about Cyan not ready for 8.1.1 but Cyan is ready ready for 925. It's a firmware update for the phone hardware and not the OS itself.

#7 George P

George P

Neowinian Senior

Posted 08 August 2014 - 17:13

Yes, but I was applying to your other comment about Cyan not ready for 8.1.1 but Cyan is ready ready for 925. It's a firmware update for the phone hardware and not the OS itself.

Right, I'm just saying that maybe, as far as Cortana not working right, it could be either a backend (bing/Azure) issue, but then it would effect everyone and not just 925s, or a combination of update 1 and something specific to the 925.  I mean at this point they found a problem with update 1 and HTC 8X phones that need, from what they've said, a driver fix.  It could be a case of something specific to that device, we'll have to wait and see how it works out.  I expect a updated GDR1/Update 1 preview build to go out to people before the end of the month.