• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Skiver

Skiver

Neowinian Senior

• 3,584 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 09:54

Hi Guys,

Hoping some of you hear listen to audio books and could give me a few recomendations, I've recently listened to World War Z and all the Harry Potter Seriest. I was about to try the LoTR series but the sample I listened to I found the narrators voice a little dull and struggled to get into it.

I'm quite into Crime Thrillers (reading actual books that is) but quite open to Sci Fi or fantasy.

#2 Nick H.

Nick H.

Neowinian Senior

• 11,638 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 10:02

My friend is a huge audio book fan, and recently he suggested a couple of titles to me. If you like Star Wars and Zombies, Death Troopers is pretty good one to try out. I can't really recommend any others at the moment, as every other book I've tried has had some annoying or poor narration.

Now if only Stephen Fry would narrate Bill Bryson's A Short History of Nearly Everything...that would be magical. Come to think of it, if Stephen Fry narrated the ingredients on a microwave meal it would probably be magical.

#3 OP Skiver

Skiver

Neowinian Senior

• 3,584 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 10:15

Zombies AND Star Wars?! This sounds amazing!!

Agreed on the Stephen Fry part, I don't remember which, but one of the Harry Potter books was not Stephen Fry and I hated it. In the end I had to stop and find the Stephen Fry version as I just could not enjoy it.

Assuming your friend enjoys Zombies, I suspect he already will have but World War Z has a few different Narrators that really adds to the way this book was written. Definatly worth it if anyone hasn't