ebola outbreak

• Please log in to reply
116 replies to this topic

#106 Gotenks98

Gotenks98

Neowinian

• 1,983 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 14:24

Ok then explain to me why the isolation unit is at most 2 whole rooms away from the Cafeteria of that hospital? I have a reliable source that works there that has seen the patients. The area they are kept is not far enough away from the rest of the hospital. Not sure if thats a design flaw or just they chose to put them there. When the ###### hits the fan we shall see. Also to those who keep mentioning zombies, you do know that the ebola virus was used to create the T-Virus in the resident evil/bio hazard game series. http://residentevil....com/Ebola_virus I am not saying thats going to happen but you never know.

#107 FloatingFatMan

FloatingFatMan

Resident Fat Dude

• 15,954 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 15:11

Ok then explain to me why the isolation unit is at most 2 whole rooms away from the Cafeteria of that hospital? I have a reliable source that works there that has seen the patients. The area they are kept is not far enough away from the rest of the hospital. Not sure if thats a design flaw or just they chose to put them there. When the ###### hits the fan we shall see. Also to those who keep mentioning zombies, you do know that the ebola virus was used to create the T-Virus in the resident evil/bio hazard game series. http://residentevil....com/Ebola_virus I am not saying thats going to happen but you never know.

What matters distance?  Ebola can only be transmitted by direct contact with body fluids... It's not airborne, so distance has zero relevance.

#108 zhangm

zhangm

Just bitter.

• 9,962 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 16:51

As stated above, distance doesn't matter so much as physical barriers against contact with virus particles. Perhaps you are thinking of radiation, in which there is a direct distance-from-source component to exposure.

#109 FloatingFatMan

FloatingFatMan

Resident Fat Dude

• 15,954 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 16:59

Also... I just noticed this.. I can't believe you quoted a game wiki site as source for your info on a real life disease... :rofl:

If I said what I was thinking now, I'd get banned! :p

#110 OP Ruti

Ruti

Geeky Geko

• 597 posts
  • Phone: Android

Posted 14 August 2014 - 17:49

Also... I just noticed this.. I can't believe you quoted a game wiki site as source for your info on a real life disease... :rofl:

He was clearly joking about it.  Go Zombies!

#111 compl3x

compl3x

Feels good, dunnit?

• 8,517 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 15 August 2014 - 12:16

Villagers began running from the ambulances, trying to burn down hospitals, and attacking humanitarian workers.

This reminds me a little about my Haitian neighbors.

Which makes the already difficult job those workers have even harder and more dangerous. The only group of people who can help are the ones being attacked & potentially could be killed. It reminds me of the aid workers in Pakistan who are killed for trying to vaccinate children.

Humans: a strange bunch.

#112 OP Ruti

Ruti

Geeky Geko

• 597 posts
  • Phone: Android

Posted 15 August 2014 - 12:51

Humans: a strange bunch.

#113 Gotenks98

Gotenks98

Neowinian

• 1,983 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 15:12

Its not me posting a source just me posting something thats kind of related. The whole story of Resident Evil/BioHazard was based on them trying to weaponize Ebola. Given how corrupt government is these days I wouldn't put it past them to want to find a way to leak this for testing purposes of course.

#114 mudslag

mudslag

I live in your head

• 8,180 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 19:47

Its not me posting a source just me posting something thats kind of related. The whole story of Resident Evil/BioHazard was based on them trying to weaponize Ebola. Given how corrupt government is these days I wouldn't put it past them to want to find a way to leak this for testing purposes of course.

LOL that's like saying Star Wars is related because we have the space shuttle. 

insert facepalm.jpg

#115 GotBored

GotBored

Brain Trust

• 1,281 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 16 August 2014 - 14:35

Regardless if the decision was made by higher ups they still should have refused treatment in the USA. Its not fair to the rest of the nation. This would be like me going to work knowing I have TB and hoping I don't spread it. They can wear all the space suits in the world but all it takes is one tiny mistake and this thing will blow. I don't trust the CDC at all giving the recent events with the anthrax samples they didnt properly handle. What makes you think they can handle this. Also I used to work for the hospital where the patients are currently being kept so I know how incompetent their employees can be. While doing a quarantine of Africa now would not help if they had done this earlier then we might have a chance.

With this string of comments it leads me to call BS on you having any medical related role what-so-ever and also as stated various times before the Ebola virus can only spread from bodily fluid transfer (e.g intercourse) or them having a open wound (likely due to the symptoms of the virus) and you having an open wound and then you both rub each others open wounds transferring blood and other bodily fluids. (e.g In some tribal burials its customary to touch the dead persons body, if the person doing the touching has an open wound on their hand like a small cut of some sort they are likely to also catch the virus).

So the likeliness of Ebola spreading throughout the US just because the two US citizens were brought back for better medical care is basically zero even if the hospital staff are completely incompetent.

It's not like the flu where it is airborne and you can sneeze on someone and they can catch it also, its similar to HIV(AIDS), Hep A, B and C, Chlamydia, Gonorrhoea and many others.

As for the Resident Evil comments. Zombies are a story plot created for entertainment, not a real life scenario governments are trying to recreate...

#116 Athernar

Athernar

?

• 3,002 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 19:25

Not to dwell on the absurdity of using Resident Evil as a virology reference, but you're actually wrong in terms of the fiction too.

The T-Virus was derived from the Progenitor virus, which itself in turn was derived from some weird flowers. Ebola isn't related, the game wiki you linked describes as much.

Have to say dude, being wrong in terms of both fantasy and reality - that's gotta sting.

#117 compl3x

compl3x

Feels good, dunnit?

• 8,517 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 17 August 2014 - 12:11

Nigerian official warns pastors and healers to stop making false Ebola-cure claims