Gamescom 2014 News & Discussion

Gamescom.png

Event Info:

Gamescom begins in just a few days in Cologne, Germany. We wish we could take you all with us, but instead, we?re helping bring the excitement to you.

Throughout the week, we?ll have news, previews, and interviews right from the show. Everything kicks off with four live events.

If you?re a Call of Duty fan, you?ll want to tune in here for the Advanced Warfare multiplayer reveal. That event begins at 10 a.m. Pacific / 1 p.m. Eastern / 7 p.m. CEST on Monday, August 11.

During that event, you?ll find out more about Sledgehammer?s vision for Call of Duty multiplayer. If this is your annual jam, you?ll want to see what?s in store.

On Tuesday, August 12, Microsoft and Sony will show off their latest updates and announcements. Microsoft is up first, beginning at 5 a.m. Pacific / 8 a.m. Eastern / 2 p.m. CEST. You?ll be able to watch that event on Xbox Live via the Twitch app, Xbox.com, and YouTube. 

Later in the day, Sony will be gathering press for its own set of announcements. You can watch the event via Sony?s Gamescom Hub, Twitch, PlayStation Home, and the PlayStation Facebook page. Sony's conference will begin at 10 a.m. Pacific / 1 p.m. Eastern / 7 p.m. CEST.

On Wednesday, August 13, EA will be showing off new details on Dragon Age: Inquisition, Battlefield Hardline, The Sims 4, Dawngate, and more. That event begins at 1 a.m. Pacific / 4 a.m. Eastern / 10 a.m. CEST. You can watch it right here.

Finally, Konami will be holding an hour-long Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain event on Wednesday, August 13. You'll be able to watch it from home on Konami's Twitch channel at 11 a.m. Pacific / 2 p.m. Eastern / 8 p.m. CEST.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2014/08/08/here_1920_s-your-gamescom-2014-live-streaming-schedule.aspx

-----

-----

Games at the Event:

http://uk.ign.com/wikis/gamescom/List_of_Games_at_Gamescom_2014

Games%201.jpgGames%203.jpg

Games%202.jpgGames%204.jpg

-----

Live Streams and Twitch:

http://www.gameinformer.com/p/gamescom-ea.aspx
http://www.twitch.tv/KONAMI
Xbox.com
http://blog.eu.playstation.com/gamescom/

-----

Social Media:

Facebook
Twitter

YouTube

-----

Misc:

Work in progress...

-----

News:

Links to follow...

BuocwbeIUAAB0it.jpg:small

Definitely looking forward to this event. Microsoft put up a teaser image the other day that showed a few other games not mentioned above.
- Ori and the Blind Forest

- Scalebound

- Evolve

- The Witcher 3

- Fable Legends

- Halo (I'm going to assume this is solely The Master Chief collection)

Hopefully some quality gameplay for Scalebound, Quantum Break, and The Order: 1886. 

That Sony trailer :/ ???

Looking forward to Bloodborne gameplay the most. Working during the Sony conference, will have to watch it later. Maybe someone on Neowin can PM me a link to rewatch around 9.30-10pm UK time? (if there are any links to the full thing that quickly) Want to watch it without spoilers. With a PM I can just check my email.

Gutted, at work and won't be able to watch the MS one. Damn you internet filters!

Didn't realise that it was showing on Youtube too! :D

Microsoft,  has done something they haven't done in years.  Microsoft, has been in full Juggernaut mode for the past several weeks.

What a great start to Gamescom14....  

_________________________________________________________________________________

What a nice feature set coming to the Xbox One as well.

We?ve been bringing tons of new features to Xbox One fans worldwide throughout the year. Thanks to the recently-launched Xbox Feedback, our fans have played a huge role in shaping these updates. In fact, we?ve received thousands of posts and more than 400,000 votes to date.

Starting in the early access program later this month, new social features making it easier for gamers to connect with their friends and new ways to access their TV and entertainment throughout their homes will be coming to Xbox One.  The updates include:

• New ?Friends? section ? the new Friends section has been available for a few early access Preview members and we?re expanding it to everyone enrolled in the Preview program. The new Friends section enables users to see at a glance what?s going on with their friends. They can stay up-to-date with their current activities, the most popular games their friends are playing, and a Gamerscore leaderboard to see who has improved their Gamerscore over the last 30 days.
  • Snap Center ? Some of gamers? favorite features in the Xbox 360 guide, are coming to Xbox One in a way that?s now truly be side-by-side with games. Messages, friends, parties, and achievements will all be available in the new Snap Center, providing a seamless way to switch back and forth without having to leave a game.
  • Threaded Messages ? keeping gamers in their games while they multitask has been a huge focus. The new Messages app features threaded messages with the full conversation history ? including embedded links to Game DVR clips ? that can be viewed without interrupting gameplay.
  • Media Player ? a new app will be available soon that enables users to play media files from either an attached USB device or from a network connected home media server that supports DLNA protocols. The preview version of the Media Player app will initially only support USB devices, with DLNA support coming soon. Xbox One will support more formats than Xbox 360, including support for dozens of new file formats like mpeg 2 TS, animated gifs and mkv which will be added by the end of the year. See below for additional file formats.
  • Xbox One Digital TV Tuner ?announced last week, this new accessory will enter a limited preview program in Europe (UK, France, Germany, Italy, and Spain), in advance of its retail launch beginning in October.
  • Stream TV to SmartGlass ? launching first in markets receiving the Xbox Digital TV Tuner, Xbox One owners will be able to stream their TV across their home network to their smartphones and tablets using the Xbox SmartGlass app. They can also pause, play and rewind as well as change channels, without interrupting gameplay on the Xbox One. This will work for SmartGlass apps on Windows, iOS, and Android.
  • Boot to TV ? Now Xbox One owners will be able to set their console to boot directly to television when coming out of connected standby.
  • Live TV mini guide ? for markets where OneGuide is available, a new mini guide on the bottom of the screen will display details about the TV content that is currently playing. Users can quickly change channels and see what?s on other channels, while still watching TV.
  • Country Expansion ? we?re doing a lot of work on the backend to prepare for Xbox One to launch in 29 new markets
    in the coming weeks.

As with previous updates, these may be rolling out in general availability to Xbox One owners at different stages in the coming months. We continue to be amazed by our fans? enthusiasm for our Xbox One system updates and their fantastic input. We?re working hard to make Xbox One more social and the best place for all your games and entertainment, and we can?t wait to roll out these new features, and more, in the coming months.

Later today, my gamescom co-host Acey Bongos, and one of the lead engineers on Xbox, Ashley Speicher, are demoing the new features. Stay tuned and we?ll post that demo a little later.

Xbox One compatible file types

• 3gp audio
  • 3gp video
  • 3gp2
  • aac
  • adts
  • animated gif
  • asf
  • avi divx
  • avi dv
  • avi uncompressed
  • avi xvid
  • bmp
  • jpg
  • gif
  • h264 avchd
  • mjpeg
  • mkv
  • mov
  • mp3
  • mpeg 1 ps
  • mpeg 2
  • mpeg 2 hd
  • mpeg 2 ts
  • mpeg 4 h264 aac
  • mpeg 4 sp
  • png
  • tiff
  • wav
  • wma
  • wma lossless
  • wma pro
  • wma voice
  • wmv
  • wmv hd

Xbox One

Rise of the Tomb Raider is an Xbox One exclusive... Why would Square Enix do that?!

Considering they were disappointed with the reboot selling over 3 million copies - http://www.kotaku.com.au/2013/05/square-enix-disappointed-by-sales-of-tomb-raider-wants-to-maximise-profits-during-development/ , it must of been a crap load of money.

You don't go console exclusive to the slower selling platform when sales are on your mind unless your costs and then some are covered.

• Like 3

Xbox One will support MKV??  Hmmm. If only it had DLNA.

Er... it will soon? Posted literally two posts up.

So apparently there is now a 1TB CoD version?

So lets get this straight, double the storage and nearly ?100 cheaper in less than a year? Am I the only one here who thinks they've been royally screwed over? I appreciate new SKU's are available over time but the extra storage Xbox's weren't cheaper (at least I think) and were about 2-3 years later.

• Like 2

Er... it will soon? Posted literally two posts up.

Oops my bad.

Actually makes me consider one of these now.

So lets get this straight, double the storage and nearly ?100 cheaper in less than a year? Am I the only one here who thinks they've been royally screwed over? I appreciate new SKU's are available over time but the extra storage Xbox's weren't cheaper (at least I think) and were about 2-3 years later.

If you bought a Xbox One on release you got royally screwed anyway given the price drops and dropping kinect. No ways around it. I guess they thought they'd just twist the knife a bit more, early adopters are used to it already.

Rise of the Tomb Raider is an Xbox One exclusive... Why would Square Enix do that?!

That is not cool :/  I guess MS threw a lot of money their way.  Even Crystal Dynamics 'explanation' explains nothing about it.

• Like 2

The 1TB version is ?429.

Oops my bad.

Actually makes me consider one of these now.

If you bought a Xbox One on release you got royally screwed anyway given the price drops and dropping kinect. No ways around it. I guess they thought they'd just twist the knife a bit more, early adopters are used to it already.

Don't get me wrong, I prefer with Kinect (at least with the way the UI works now), I just think this is far too soon to be changing these things.

The 1TB version is ?429.

Really, Source?

Don't get me wrong, I prefer with Kinect (at least with the way the UI works now), I just think this is far too soon to be changing these things.

Really, Source?

If it's the CoD version

Javascript is not enabled or refresh the page to view.

Click here to view the Tweet

Really, Source?

It was in the press conference.

Cheers, but the obvious question is? with or without Kinect?

If that is without you're effectively paying the best part of ?100 for 500GB!?!

And CoD by the looks of it. Not a terrible deal.

Pure speculation but seeing as kinect isn't pictured on the box I'd guess no.

Judging by the picture I'd say without...so yikes ?100 for 500GB and CoD, I'll stick with a USB powered external drive ;)

Edit - You have CoD too, so not a bad deal I guess