[Fake] New PS4 UI leaked

Looks like the next update for PS4 has leaked, and brings with it some welcome changes to the UI, such as organizing games/apps into folders, and new notifications.

02-HgX8sxl.jpg

05-N0itBNY.jpg

11-hYhkiaY.jpg

Source: behindgames.com

Liking those changes so hopefully these aren't fake/mockups. I hope as well as changing the notifications UI they also add in proper friends online/offline notifications, and when friends start games etc.

Hopefully more news at gamescom.

• Like 3

It seems to be fake but it would've been an improvement from the current UI if they did implement something like that but I think something that looks like the app screen on ios or android would be better.

Sony pushed for the indie scene and these are small games which you can have lots of, add in the f2p games and then retail titles and not too long till you have 20, 30, even 50 games on there.

Current UI would be terrible with that many games, folders would be a slight improvement but still not great.

If that's the case then just what have the sony devs been up too all these months. PS4 has had very little post-release love :/

They've been sorting out all these "indie" and "ultimate" versions of games :laugh:

Yeah, according to NeoGaf, on one screenshot Killzone has an "RP" rating. A trophy in Shovel Knight is shown, yet he isnt even in the boss arena, and the trophy is for beating a boss etc.

I would call fake too.. The PS4 has got a lot of post release love.. It was near perfect when it came out.. so no need for the drastic changes like another console that was released around the same time..  :shiftyninja:

/ducks

I would call fake too.. The PS4 has got a lot of post release love.. It was near perfect when it came out.. so no need for the drastic changes like another console that was released around the same time.. :shiftyninja:

/ducks

Ugh two updates providing any user-facing features is not a lot of post release love. And lacking so many features even from it's predecessor or even features they announced the console would definitely have is not near perfect. Sony have a LONG way to go...

Ugh two updates providing any user-facing features is not a lot of post release love. And lacking so many features even from it's predecessor or even features they announced the console would definitely have is not near perfect. Sony have a LONG way to go...

lol, k.

looks the same to me, anybody can provide current ps4 UI? i want to compare it, before/after.

But i like the new UI, its clean, and still have the PS iconic blue menu

looks like a fake ya?

*update

Oh man, I was so excited to see some big updates to the UI, but then I see its just a fake image. Even if it was real, I would have been underwhelmed if the changes amounted to just folders. I was never a huge fan of the ps3 U and while the ps4 UI is better, it could still use some work.

I have been hoping that Sony would invest some effort in evolving/improving the current UI, but they have yet to make any moves that point to that being of much interest to them. There is a lot of potential there.