Something is wrong with this portfolio site

Question

I have a friend who have a portfolio site and is currently unable to logon on it. I checked the logs and here is the error:

2014-08-07 00:00:14 -07:00 --- error: Database_Exception [ 44 ]: #1045: Access denied for user 'elegan21'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
/home/elegan21/public_html/portfolio/system/libraries/Database_Mysqli.php [ 33 ]
#0 /home/elegan21/public_html/portfolio/system/libraries/Database_Mysqli.php(85): Database_Mysqli_Core->connect()
#1 /home/elegan21/public_html/portfolio/system/libraries/Database.php(429): Database_Mysqli_Core->escape('var_cache')
#2 [internal function]: Database_Core->quote('var_cache')
#3 /home/elegan21/public_html/portfolio/system/libraries/Database_Builder.php(764): array_map(Array, Array)
#4 /home/elegan21/public_html/portfolio/system/libraries/Database_Builder.php(1021): Database_Builder_Core->compile_conditions(Array)
#5 /home/elegan21/public_html/portfolio/modules/kohana23_compat/libraries/MY_Database_Builder.php(48): Database_Builder_Core->compile()
#6 /home/elegan21/public_html/portfolio/system/libraries/Database_Builder.php(957): Database_Builder->compile()
#7 /home/elegan21/public_html/portfolio/modules/gallery/libraries/drivers/Cache/Database.php(105): Database_Builder_Core->execute()
#8 /home/elegan21/public_html/portfolio/system/libraries/Cache.php(141): Cache_Database_Driver->get(Array, true)
#9 /home/elegan21/public_html/portfolio/modules/gallery/helpers/module.php(438): Cache_Core->get('var_cache')
#10 /home/elegan21/public_html/portfolio/modules/gallery/config/locale.php(36): module_Core::get_var('gallery', 'timezone', 'America/Los_Ang...')
#11 /home/elegan21/public_html/portfolio/system/libraries/drivers/Config/Array.php(70): require('/home/elegan21/...')
#12 /home/elegan21/public_html/portfolio/system/libraries/drivers/Config.php(111): Config_Array_Driver->load('locale', false)
#13 /home/elegan21/public_html/portfolio/system/core/Kohana_Config.php(121): Config_Driver->get('locale.language', false, false)
#14 /home/elegan21/public_html/portfolio/system/core/Kohana.php(385): Kohana_Config_Core->get('locale.language', false, false)
#15 /home/elegan21/public_html/portfolio/system/core/Kohana.php(150): Kohana_Core::config('locale.language')
#16 /home/elegan21/public_html/portfolio/application/Bootstrap.php(49): Kohana_Core::setup()
#17 /home/elegan21/public_html/portfolio/index.php(113): require('/home/elegan21/...')
#18 {main}

Can someone tell me what is the error? I know is related to the database but I checked and everything seen to be working fine so I am clueless.

the website is: www.elegantxpressions.net/portfolio

thanks!

8 answers to this question

I think it is hacked or something weird is going on... I setup another folder with gallery 3.0 to test it and recreate the user and password with a new installation. If you guys go to: www.elegantxpressions.net/gallerytest it will redirect you to: www.coralcable.ru/morroco?8

Why is this happening?

I think it is hacked or something weird is going on... I setup another folder with gallery 3.0 to test it and recreate the user and password with a new installation. If you guys go to: www.elegantxpressions.net/gallerytest it will redirect you to: www.coralcable.ru/morroco?8

Why is this happening?

Seems like a htaccess redirect, and a redirect to a russian domain is in most cases no good...

Check the ftp for any .htaccess files and see if they are modified also check cpanel and change it's password and all database passwords, also check any dns record changes in cpanel and if they happened change them back.

Just a random thought if it's a cPanel server and you're trying to connect to the MySQL Database it would be cpaneluser_elegan21 where cpaneluser would be the user name he uses to log into cPanel

already checked that and it seen to be fine... something else is going on.

If it has been hacked or something it is possible the details could have been messed with, maybe the database password has been changed rather than the details within the script, but the error above is telling you it can't connect to the database and the rest of the errors that follow are caused by that.. and as above, if you are using cpanel the database username is incorrect.

If it has been hacked or something it is possible the details could have been messed with, maybe the database password has been changed rather than the details within the script, but the error above is telling you it can't connect to the database and the rest of the errors that follow are caused by that.. and as above, if you are using cpanel the database username is incorrect.

You right, I am away and when I come back home will check. Thanks!