• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#31 +Odom

Odom

Neowinian Senior

• 1,622 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 13:50

Hi Jason,

there was a time I looked at phone recorders on my Android, but all had the problem they could record what you speak into the line, but not what the other was saying.

Could you use a recorder on your phone to record a conversation on your landline at home?

#32 jerzdawg

jerzdawg

Neowinian

• 5,387 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 14:27

This is not only limited to Comcast.  I had a similar experience with Fios, I needed a new line ran into a room and they were going to charge me $85 for tech visit.  They offered if I upgrade to Extreme HD or whatever package then I would not be charged.  Sure enough the next bill had a tech visit for $85 on there.  They took it off pretty easily but I am sure most of these companies just hope that a % of people just pay the bill and never call to complain.

#33 Krome

Krome

Neowinian God!

• 4,266 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 14:36

Verizon phukked with me and so I discontinue my 20+ service with them...  Disconnect my landline and never pay for what they charge me for which was falsify by the tech.  I really want to discontinue my Comcast and get Verizon FiOS but have had bad excursion with Verizon already I don't want to show them I crawl back to them.

Considering how ager these morons are to give out customer info to anyone who says they are from the corporate office and how stupid the customers who complain on twitter posting their phone number for anyone to call as support I wouldn't be at all surprised if they were talking to a troll.

lol that was hillarious... I laughed a lot

#34 +Quillz

Quillz

A Talking Pokemon

• 10,015 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 25 August 2014 - 16:32

You know... I don't know what the law is in the US, but in the UK, it's actually illegal to record any call you make unless you first notify the other party that you are recording (and record that notification as well).

I think in the US, as long as one party is aware of the recording, it's legal.