Check Windows Update Today, a lot of new stuff! (12th august)

Check your windows Update, its all new!

n1pett.jpg

optional (which is august update mention before) :

awvkgn.jpg

All in all, the update size is around 1GB. Anybody have been succesfully download it? I have pretty slow internet here.

If any, please review this august update.

And also don't forget to activate "Give me updates for other Microsoft products when I update Windows" under Microsoft Update in Change Settings.

My Windows 7 (32-bit) devices are offering me Windows 7 SP1, which is strange as I already have SP1 installed...

It's also strange that it's only 2MB, you'd think a service pack would be bigger.

My Windows 7 (64-bit) device is not offering me Windows 7 SP1.

Windows_7_SP1.jpg

Did you already click "Check for updates"? I had to do that to see the updates.

yeah and then i went into office itself and told it to check for updates and it told me that there arent any updates available. When I get home i am going to try it again and see if there is something going on locally at home.

post-120066-0-17450100-1407872569.png

August update Option? Here we go again. They must not want people to have the update that badly. The average user barely installs updates without the computer doing it for them, let a lone installing one under optional.

August update Option? Here we go again. They must not want people to have the update that badly. The average user barely installs updates without the computer doing it for them, let a lone installing one under optional.

Because it's put under "optional", doesn't mean that it is not installed automaticaly.

Because it's put under "optional", doesn't mean that it is not installed automaticaly.

Correct, which means nobody other than us will install it.

Correct, which means nobody other than us will install it.

No, incorrect, the update will be installed automaticaly, it's just listed under optional, like I said before: for it being there, doesn't mean it's not installed when Windows Update is on automatic.

They didn't happen to make the Modern titlebar optional. by any chance? (I won't be installing it until tonight.)

They didn't happen to make the Modern titlebar optional. by any chance? (I won't be installing it until tonight.)

Nope :(

@warwagon: Usually non-critical updates are marked as option for a few weeks before they're set to automatic.

Anyone notice under PC Settings Update it now tells you the most recent check date and time and the time the most recent updates were installed?

1zb2p5.png

I did, as noted earlier in the topic. There are also some new checkboxes in Touchpad and Mouse settings, but we knew that already.

Nope :(

@warwagon: Usually non-critical updates are marked as option for a few weeks before they're set to automatic.

Correct, but they have to be set as automatic to get automatically installed. If set as optional it does not automatically get installed.

I don't even have Office updates.

Then again, I'm running an Alienware that's not compatible with Windows 8 for reasons unknown because Dell only says that it won't work, but not WHY.

Then again, I'm running an Alienware that's not compatible with Windows 8 for reasons unknown because Dell only says that it won't work, but not WHY.

Did you actually have problems installing/running Windows 8 or are you just going by what Dell tells you?

Did you actually have problems installing/running Windows 8 or are you just going by what Dell tells you?

I have issues with installing.  After the first restart after it installs, it freezes, then rolls back to 7.  If I pull my HDD and install it from a different computer and put the HDD back, it works but I can't let it automatically restart or it'll freeze.

Can anyone help me I have 2 updates that keep failing.

1 is KB2975719 and the other is MS14-051: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: August 12, 2014

I really don't know how to fix it :(