rise of the tomb raider square enix xbox one microsoft tomb raider lara croft

• Please log in to reply
268 replies to this topic

#256 Andrew

Andrew

Guardian

• 25,365 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 22:19

Can we cut out the sarcasm and passive aggressive attitudes please.

There's no need for it.

#257 dead.cell

dead.cell

My Body My Temple

• 10,704 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S5 Active

Posted 19 August 2014 - 23:08

It was sarcasm. My point is, deals are not one-sided affairs. A publisher/company can't just walk up and buy you if you aren't selling.

It takes two parties to make a deal.

I'm just not understanding why you quoted me, when I blamed neither party specifically, but rather all parties involved. Neither side accidentally made the deal, and because of that, neither side should be excluded when it comes to blame.

#258 trooper11

trooper11

Neowinian Senior

• 5,044 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 14:41

Questions shouldn't need to be asked, that's why there's a negative view around this. Even with the clarifications there's a couple unknowns around the time and the platforms it will launch on after.

MS should clarify when the game will come to other platforms? Maybe SE should, but again, since when has that been a thing for any timed exclusive. Where have you guys been all of these years?

The only reason this is a thing is because of a single word missing.

So if MS has said "Coming first to Xbox One, exclusively in 2015", then it would be no different than all of the other third party exclusives that Sony or MS had announced. Because they omitted the word 'first', people blew up and demanded that MS suffer the consequences.

#259 TCA

TCA

Neowinian Senior

• 2,971 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy S3; Nexus 5

Posted 23 August 2014 - 02:52

That sucks, was looking to play it too....but not bad enough to spend another 400 for another console.

#260 Showan

Showan

Neowinian Senior

• 2,029 posts
  • Phone: Lumia Icon

Posted 23 August 2014 - 03:37

MS should clarify when the game will come to other platforms? Maybe SE should, but again, since when has that been a thing for any timed exclusive. Where have you guys been all of these years?

The only reason this is a thing is because of a single word missing.

So if MS has said "Coming first to Xbox One, exclusively in 2015", then it would be no different than all of the other third party exclusives that Sony or MS had announced. Because they omitted the word 'first', people blew up and demanded that MS suffer the consequences.

I would never clarify when a game is coming to a competitor, even if it were on the same day.

If Sony really wants to know whats going on with ROTTR and the deal w/MS, I don't think it would be too hard for Sony reps to find out. 

I really like Shuhei Yoshida,  but I'm not buying the "We didn't know anything about this" role.  He's not a low on the Sony totem pole.

#261 Luc2k

Luc2k

Neowinian

• 1,356 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 04:37

I would never clarify when a game is coming to a competitor, even if it were on the same day.

I wanted to make some snarky comment about PC, however there's no doubt in the fact that MS considers its own platform, Windows, as competition. What a schizophrenic company. And people wonder why they get hit with negativity from all sides.

#262 OP +Audioboxer

Audioboxer

Hermit Arcana

• 36,607 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 08:28

Timed exclusive confirmed from the developer, no more need for confusing MS PR

http://tombraider.tu...tomb-raider-faq

#263 spenser.d

spenser.d

Neowinian Senior

• 11,120 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 11:55

Timed exclusive confirmed from the developer, no more need for confusing MS PR

http://tombraider.tu...tomb-raider-faq

It wasn't confusing :rolleyes: And that FAQ doesn't tell us anything we didn't already know.

#264 vcfan

vcfan

Straight Ballin'

• 5,348 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 12:39

probably still a "Microsoft exclusive". sort of like DR3 and Ryse. Comes out on xbox, then around a year later hits Windows.

#265 George P

George P

Neowinian Senior

• 19,659 posts
  • Phone: HTC Windows Phone 8X

Posted 24 August 2014 - 14:06

probably still a "Microsoft exclusive". sort of like DR3 and Ryse. Comes out on xbox, then around a year later hits Windows.

I doubt it's even long, they say 2015, so come January 2016 I expect it on everything else, so 2 months if it's a November "holiday" release which it could be, or 3-4 months tops.  Nothing we haven't seen before and nothing we're not going to ever see done again.

#266 Showan

Showan

Neowinian Senior

• 2,029 posts
  • Phone: Lumia Icon

Posted 24 August 2014 - 21:28

It's amazing how people can't let things go.

MS gave CD/SE $$$ for some kind of rights to ROTTR. It is, what it is.

Just to see the "CD/SE betrayed its fans." " Microsoft is holding ROTTR hostage from its loyal fans"... Insert some kind of rant here...

There are options out there to play this game right away, when it releases. All you need is a 360, One, or PC, buy ROTTR insert disc (or download from a digital store) and ur up and going.

Don't have either of those when ROTTR launches, then wait it out. There will be plenty of games to play by the time TR drops anyways.

#267 soniqstylz

soniqstylz

Neowin Trophy Slore

• 8,799 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 02:02

......Or I could just not buy ROTTR, or any future TR game, and still have plenty of games to play otherwise.

I've owned every console release of a Tomb Raider game.  Now I'm done without a second thought.

#268 BajiRav

BajiRav

Neowinian Senior

• 10,847 posts
  • Phone: Lumia 920

Posted 25 August 2014 - 04:38

It's amazing how people can't let things go.

MS gave CD/SE $$$ for some kind of rights to ROTTR. It is, what it is.

Just to see the "CD/SE betrayed its fans." " Microsoft is holding ROTTR hostage from its loyal fans"... Insert some kind of rant here...

There are options out there to play this game right away, when it releases. All you need is a 360, One, or PC, buy ROTTR insert disc (or download from a digital store) and ur up and going.

Don't have either of those when ROTTR launches, then wait it out. There will be plenty of games to play by the time TR drops anyways.

I guess they should have just bought SE and made it life long Xbox/PC exclusive. Sony does it all the time and that approach seems to be ok with most people. That's the reason MS paid for ROTTR, to keep it away from PS anyway. I don't think they care much when it comes to PC.

Spoiler

#269 George P

George P

Neowinian Senior

• 19,659 posts
  • Phone: HTC Windows Phone 8X

Posted 25 August 2014 - 06:25

I guess they should have just bought SE and made it life long Xbox/PC exclusive. Sony does it all the time and that approach seems to be ok with most people. That's the reason MS paid for ROTTR, to keep it away from PS anyway. I don't think they care much when it comes to PC.

Spoiler

They wouldn't have to get it all just the IP they want, it's not the first time someone has sold off parts of a studio or just specific IP, it happens.  Like when they bought Gears from Epic, why buy all of Epic if all you wanted was Gears?  

Anyways, I haven't played every TR, I only played the original 3 and the newest reboot which I haven't actually finished (left it at the very last save point before the final fight).  I'll play this new one when the time comes, why do I care if it's not on day 1?  I wasn't actually going to spend $60 on this game to begin with, I got TR when it was on sale for the 360 for $30 iirc.    Some people are taking things way too personal, it's just games, man there's a number of games I would have liked to play but didn't because I don't have the time or feel like spending the cash for a PS3, even now.  But I don't lose any sleep over it in the end, I've played every MGS except for 4 because I never got a PS3.  And since we're talking about games that were multiplatform and went exclusive, what about MGS4 actually, I mean they released versions of 2 for the Xbox and 3 for the 360 but what about 4?    I didn't flip out about not getting 4 on Xbox, and one could argue that MGS is just as big of a franchise as TR is, so yeah, nothing new here.   So i'm guessing this time around Sony didn't want to pay for MGS5 to be exclusive to PS4, or maybe Konami just didn't want to think about that type of deal and made it multiplatform period, up to them.