texas pizza changing table smell vomit

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 63,500 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 21:06

A Texas mother says she and her three kids were tossed out of a pizza place after she changed a baby's diaper at the table. :x

Miranda Sowers told KHOU that she first took her 4-month-old daughter to the restroom of the Brother's Pizza Express in Spring, but found it didn't have a changing table.

So she went back to her table and took matters into her own hands.

"I thought you know what I've got my own changing pad, she's tiny, she fits right here on the chair," Sowers was quoted as saying. "So I laid her down quickly and quietly changed her diaper."

The restaurant says its staff made the right call -- that no one wants to eat while a baby's being changed nearby.

"As soon as you start opening the diaper, people start complaining about the smell of the diaper," manager Donny Lala told the station. "Last thing I want is a customer throwing up."

Sowers says she has filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.

source

#2 +warwagon

warwagon

Only you can prevent forest fires.

• 27,194 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 21:09

"As soon as you start opening the diaper, people start complaining about the smell of the diaper," manager Donny Lala told the station. "Last thing I want is a customer throwing up."

I don't know why that part made me laugh out loud.

#3 fusi0n

fusi0n

Don't call it a come back

• 3,924 posts
  • Phone: LG G3

Posted 13 August 2014 - 21:13

It's pretty ######ing disgusting.. Some people are so damn nasty and lazy.. At least go to your car..

#4 chrisj1968

chrisj1968

copyrighted!! ©

• 4,461 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 21:15

The establishment was right to toss her out. E.coli resides in feces anyway. but some people.... :no:

#5 DocM

DocM

Neowinian Senior

• 19,005 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 21:18

Considering most public restrooms in these parts, even the men's, now have fold down baby changing tables, disgusting.

Baby+Changing+Station.jpg

#6 theyarecomingforyou

theyarecomingforyou

Tiger Trainer

• 16,955 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy Note 3 with Galaxy Gear

Posted 13 August 2014 - 21:19

The restaurant didn't have changing facilities - it happens. But you can't just change nappies in the middle of a restaurant - that's unacceptable. If I was a paying customer I would absolutely demand she be removed from the premises. From the article it appears that the mother made no effort to work with staff to find an appropriate solution; instead she took matters into her own hands without any concern for the other customers.

I don't understand why this story has generated so much attention.

#7 DocM

DocM

Neowinian Senior

• 19,005 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 21:22

An empty headed person may be confused by laws allowing public nursing. If one bit of child care is OK why not the other :whistle:

#8 perochan

perochan

♫ d(-_-)b ♫

• 4,576 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 21:25

breastfeeding is one thing but changing diaper on the table that people eat their food on... that is disgusting.

#9 +techbeck

techbeck

It's not that I am lazy, it's that I just don't care

• 19,642 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 21:26

An empty headed person may be confused by laws allowing public nursing. If one bit of child care is OK why not the other :whistle:

One can be easily ignored...the other cannot.  Unless you happen to carry around nose plugs.  Also, most sensible/proper women wont just pop their boob out in the open.  They will drape a towel or blanket over that area.

#10 pallipdrsn0

pallipdrsn0

Neowinian

• 118 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 21:32

Also, most sensible/proper women wont just pop their boob out in the open.

One would thinks so, but you'd be surprised by the amount that does so

#11 +Majesticmerc

Majesticmerc

Resident Idealist

• 6,209 posts
  • Phone: HTC One X

Posted 13 August 2014 - 21:34

In addition to what Techbeck said, faeces can harbour many different kinds of bacteria and. Doing such disgusting things on the table is an easy way to make people ill (both in disgust and in poor health). Even dogs don't crap where they eat. Breast feeding on the other hand is perfectly hygenic, even if some people do have an aversion to it.

#12 Krome

Krome

Neowinian God!

• 4,530 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 21:35

I hate people who does stuff like this.  Not only should they be kicked out, they should be warn to never return to the place.

#13 DocM

DocM

Neowinian Senior

• 19,005 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 21:39

As I said, an empty headed person might...

Public breastfeeding is of course a non-issue, with or without a blanket or modesty top. Some flop them out, some don't.

#14 +Majesticmerc

Majesticmerc

Resident Idealist

• 6,209 posts
  • Phone: HTC One X

Posted 13 August 2014 - 21:40

As I said, an empty headed person might...

Public breastfeeding is of course a non-issue, with or without a blanket or modesty top. Some flop them out, some dont.

I misunderstood your post, please accept my apologies :)

#15 Ryoken

Ryoken

The Other Other White Meat

• 2,593 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 6, iPad Mini

Posted 13 August 2014 - 21:41

Does this remind anyone else of the Chinese family flying to the US that wouldn't let their child go to the restroom, and instead put newspapers down on a seat for him to go?

Regardless.. they should have a changing table, but doing it out where people are eating is NOT acceptable.