Computer won't boot after new CPU cooler and gets into reboot

If the mobo supports UEFI is the bootdisk boot manager?? And yup make sure it's on AHCI if youre using an SSD. Was it on AHCI originally??

Because if you installed windows on legacy / IDE, then changed it later to AHCI, it'll have probs

Do you have an audio card installed? I know the Asus Xonar sound cards click at boot initialization. 

If the mobo supports UEFI is the bootdisk boot manager?? And yup make sure it's on AHCI if youre using an SSD. Was it on AHCI originally??

Because if you installed windows on legacy / IDE, then changed it later to AHCI, it'll have probs

Here's how to change the OS from IDE to AHCI: https://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/987378-how-to-switch-from-ide-to-ahci-without-repairingreinstalling-windows/

I connected and booted from a Windows 7 HDD. This is going OK and I can use this OS.

Booting into Win 8.1 still gives issues, safe mode is not possible.

Might for some reason my Windows 8 installation got corrupted even though I haven't touched anything.....

I connected and booted from a Windows 7 HDD. This is going OK and I can use this OS.

Booting into Win 8.1 still gives issues, safe mode is not possible.

Might for some reason my Windows 8 installation got corrupted even though I haven't touched anything.....

Maybe shutdown mid-update or something? You should be able to repair the Win 8.1 setup with disc. It may also be the hdd has failed, you can do a diskcheck on it while loaded into the Win 7 operating system to check for errors.

Repairing or refreshing Windows 8.1 will not work.

"The media inserted is not valid. Try again."... :(

I upgraded this one from Windows 7 to Win 8 to Win 8.1.

Each installation DVD doesn't work.

So.... I guess I need to perform a clean Windows 8.1 installation? Or are there still other options out here?