• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 ACTIONpack

ACTIONpack

Graphic Designer

• 2,811 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 925 (T-Mobile)

Posted 14 August 2014 - 06:39

I heard that PS4 has hit the 10 million sold mark world wide and Xbox One only has 5 millions. I've always have been a Microsoft fan and do like the interface more on Xbox One over PS4. I general use it for media and not really a gamer anymore. But when the option can!e I just on it. Now with this all said. Was it a mistake to get the Xbox One and just stay with Xbox 360? I'm happy I don't have to see 4 boxes under the HDTV and it looks clean now.

#2 Brendeth

Brendeth

Neowinian

• 518 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 06:43

I'm happy I don't have to see 4 boxes under the HDTV and it looks clean now.          

If the Xbox One is the reason for this - isn't this a major point in the pro field of the One?

Honestly I look at tech as regrettable if you don't use it, you may not be gaming on it but if you are using the media features, well you are using it and that's no waste in my eyes - that being said if you use your 360 more than the One, well maybe you could have waited.

#3 notchinese

notchinese

Neowinian

• 567 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 06:45

You are asking if you shouldn't have bought it because another product sold more? What on earth kind of question is that?

#4 Biohead

Biohead

Neowinian

• 664 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 14 August 2014 - 06:49

That's like saying you should prefer Coke over Pepsi simply because Coke sells more

...when clearly Pepsi tastes better  :rofl:

#5 OP ACTIONpack

ACTIONpack

Graphic Designer

• 2,811 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 06:50

If the Xbox One is the reason for this - isn't this a major point in the pro field of the One?
Honestly I look at tech as regrettable if you don't use it, you may not be gaming on it but if you are using the media features, well you are using it and that's no waste in my eyes - that being said if you use your 360 more than the One, well maybe you could have waited.

I use to have a Blu ray player, Xbox 360, HD DVD add on and a other box. Now the Xbox one does all of it. All the other is put away. I want to sell the Xbox 360 so I can feel better that I only spend $200 for the Xbox one with kinect instead of $325. Got it new/unopen on craigslist. If I didn't see it on there then I would never gotten it.

#6 Raa

Raa

Resident president

• 12,942 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 06:51

Yes.

#7 TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Reality Bomb

• 5,542 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 06:58

You should have gotten what you wanted, which you did.

#8 astropheed

astropheed

astropheed

• 1,901 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 06:58

You are asking if you shouldn't have bought it because another product sold more? What on earth kind of question is that?

Normally I'd agree with you, but Companies are more willing to fund a game for a system they know is selling well. So, although it seems like a bizarre question, in terms of content it may actually be beneficial to buy the system selling more units.

If, however, he's not much of a gamer anymore and is enjoying the media functionality of the Xbox One, then I say he's made the right decision. 

#9 OP ACTIONpack

ACTIONpack

Graphic Designer

• 2,811 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 06:59

I just want to get back into video games but have a hard time doing so. I love movies and can watch 10 hours of back to back movies on the weekend if I wish. Just wish I can do that with video games. COD Ghost was not that fun. Even my casual games I play only last 10 minutes just complete task until I need to do it again in 8 hours. Lol aka Mafia wars

#10 DeltaXray

DeltaXray

Neowinian

• 538 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 07:13

I just want to get back into video games but have a hard time doing so. I love movies and can watch 10 hours of back to back movies on the weekend if I wish. Just wish I can do that with video games. COD Ghost was not that fun. Even my casual games I play only last 10 minutes just complete task until I need to do it again in 8 hours. Lol aka Mafia wars

Should have got s PS4 and The Last of Us and you'd have lost 15-20 hours before you even knew it

#11 bithush

bithush

Neowinian

• 364 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 07:52

Personally I think unless there is a must have game or feature on the new console then buying it in the first year is always a mistake. Release quality for consoles has gone down with every generation as they have more and more options available for post launch updates so you get half implemented features.

#12 Jarrichvdv

Jarrichvdv

Not all who wander are lost

• 1,045 posts
  • Phone: Windows Phone 8 GDR3

Posted 14 August 2014 - 11:43

Should have got s PS4 and The Last of Us and you'd have lost 15-20 hours before you even knew it

Another one who believe The Last Of Us is the holy grail of gaming. Damn this game is overrated to the max.

#13 +MikeChipshop

MikeChipshop

Miniman

• 7,290 posts
  • Phone: HTC 8X / Nexus 5

Posted 14 August 2014 - 11:50

Never buy something because every one else does. Form your own opinions based on your own usage.

You say you like the interface, use it for media and like the lack of boxes under your TV, that's job done then isn't it?

#14 +d5aqoëp

d5aqoëp

Banned

• 3,197 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 12:06

I ordered PS4 and now I am reading all the news of controller failures and poor quality materials used in their manufacture. So I say completely opposite to yours.

I hope Sony has improved the manufacturing process.

#15 +Majesticmerc

Majesticmerc

Resident Idealist

• 6,198 posts
  • Phone: HTC One X

Posted 14 August 2014 - 12:12

You didn't make a mistake. It sounds like the XB1 was perfect for your needs. The PS4 has sold more, but there will still be plenty of XB1 games.

Also, as a minor sidenote, don't use "I'm a Microsoft fan" as a a reason for buying Microsoft product. Buy the product that best suits your needs regardless of who makes it. Not that it makes a difference in this case. :)