Should I have not gotten Xbox One?

I heard that PS4 has hit the 10 million sold mark world wide and Xbox One only has 5 millions. I've always have been a Microsoft fan and do like the interface more on Xbox One over PS4. I general use it for media and not really a gamer anymore. But when the option can!e I just on it. Now with this all said. Was it a mistake to get the Xbox One and just stay with Xbox 360? I'm happy I don't have to see 4 boxes under the HDTV and it looks clean now.

I'm happy I don't have to see 4 boxes under the HDTV and it looks clean now.          

If the Xbox One is the reason for this - isn't this a major point in the pro field of the One?

Honestly I look at tech as regrettable if you don't use it, you may not be gaming on it but if you are using the media features, well you are using it and that's no waste in my eyes - that being said if you use your 360 more than the One, well maybe you could have waited.

If the Xbox One is the reason for this - isn't this a major point in the pro field of the One?

Honestly I look at tech as regrettable if you don't use it, you may not be gaming on it but if you are using the media features, well you are using it and that's no waste in my eyes - that being said if you use your 360 more than the One, well maybe you could have waited.

I use to have a Blu ray player, Xbox 360, HD DVD add on and a other box. Now the Xbox one does all of it. All the other is put away. I want to sell the Xbox 360 so I can feel better that I only spend $200 for the Xbox one with kinect instead of $325. Got it new/unopen on craigslist. If I didn't see it on there then I would never gotten it.

You are asking if you shouldn't have bought it because another product sold more? What on earth kind of question is that?

Normally I'd agree with you, but Companies are more willing to fund a game for a system they know is selling well. So, although it seems like a bizarre question, in terms of content it may actually be beneficial to buy the system selling more units.

If, however, he's not much of a gamer anymore and is enjoying the media functionality of the Xbox One, then I say he's made the right decision. 

I just want to get back into video games but have a hard time doing so. I love movies and can watch 10 hours of back to back movies on the weekend if I wish. Just wish I can do that with video games. COD Ghost was not that fun. Even my casual games I play only last 10 minutes just complete task until I need to do it again in 8 hours. Lol aka Mafia wars

I just want to get back into video games but have a hard time doing so. I love movies and can watch 10 hours of back to back movies on the weekend if I wish. Just wish I can do that with video games. COD Ghost was not that fun. Even my casual games I play only last 10 minutes just complete task until I need to do it again in 8 hours. Lol aka Mafia wars

Should have got s PS4 and The Last of Us and you'd have lost 15-20 hours before you even knew it

Personally I think unless there is a must have game or feature on the new console then buying it in the first year is always a mistake. Release quality for consoles has gone down with every generation as they have more and more options available for post launch updates so you get half implemented features.

Should have got s PS4 and The Last of Us and you'd have lost 15-20 hours before you even knew it

Another one who believe The Last Of Us is the holy grail of gaming. Damn this game is overrated to the max.

• Like 2

Never buy something because every one else does. Form your own opinions based on your own usage.

You say you like the interface, use it for media and like the lack of boxes under your TV, that's job done then isn't it?

• Like 3

I ordered PS4 and now I am reading all the news of controller failures and poor quality materials used in their manufacture. So I say completely opposite to yours.

I hope Sony has improved the manufacturing process.

You didn't make a mistake. It sounds like the XB1 was perfect for your needs. The PS4 has sold more, but there will still be plenty of XB1 games.

Also, as a minor sidenote, don't use "I'm a Microsoft fan" as a a reason for buying Microsoft product. Buy the product that best suits your needs regardless of who makes it. Not that it makes a difference in this case. :)

• Like 4

Honestly I'm the same as you dude. I've picked up my X1 and use it as a glorified media box most of the time. Albeit, it's an excellent one at that.

I'd say if you prefer the exclusive franchises on the X1 then you've definitely made the best choice. Even if your using it soley for media functions at the minute, that is a big pro of the box which is shadowed some what in the fanboy bull. For me, games like Horizon 2 and Sunset Overdrive will pull me back in. Even Diablo 3 coming out soon. Also, I'd say just play where your mates are. For example, all my good friends and gaming buds live on X1 and we often have 8 player parties where we just all talk non-sense. Where your friends are make it compelling.

• Like 1

Another one who believe The Last Of Us is the holy grail of gaming. Damn this game is overrated to the max.

If you like that genre of game then it is very good, if you don't then it's not. Gaming is subjective. You are however far in the minority.

I ordered PS4 and now I am reading all the news of controller failures and poor quality materials used in their manufacture. So I say completely opposite to yours.

I hope Sony has improved the manufacturing process.

They had some issues with the very first batches of controllers, however these seem to have been resolved a long time now.  I recently bought a new additional controller and the thumbstick material seems to be superior to the one I got with my launch console.

...when clearly Pepsi tastes better  :rofl:

^ I agree. Coke tastes weird these days (most likely the result of cost/resource-saving chemical engineering). Pepsi FTW.

You didn't make a mistake. Just enjoy your new console and don't worry about the decision. Both have pretty much the same games and features, so you're not really missing out on anything. I do suggest you try some modern games though; graphics these days are simply stunning; a generation ahead of the Xbox 360's.

The reason for the 10%:5% difference is price. To most consumers, PS4 = (does the same thing as) Xbox One (plays modern games in HD). The majority of people will always go for the cheaper product.

If you bought a Wii U over an Xbox One or PS4, then that's a different story.

Anyway, if you just wanted a media center (and enjoy technical stuff) I would have looked into a Raspberry Pi [and put XBMC on it (no TV recording support though)].

If you like that genre of game then it is very good, if you don't then it's not. Gaming is subjective. You are however far in the minority.

I like the game too, but I don't understand why people seem to be almost forming a religion about how extraordinary good it is. It's very good in what it is, but it lacks anything spectacular. It has a decent story and good visuals, but gameplay wise it is very basic.

Not hating though; really enjoyed my playthrough.

• Like 1

OP, if you like the games and features on Xbox One, you made the right choice, end of story.  That should be your only concern. If you like some PS4 stuff, think about picking one up in the future or if your opinion changes considerably, sell your Xbox One and go with PS4. Not a big deal. Sales, stats are meaningless when enjoyment is the end game.

Depends, will it have / does it have the games you want to play?

If the answer is yes, then your fine with your purchase. 

PS4 both XboxOne are good / solid consoles. 

Myself, I'm using my PS4 far more then my X1, but that's not to say I regret my X1 purchase. 

^ I agree. Coke tastes weird these days (most likely the result of cost/resource-saving chemical engineering). Pepsi FTW.

Toss some vanilla vodka in the glass with the Coke and it tastes fine.