World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor Event

PZA1HBXN8EDL1407779376871.jpg

Don?t forget: this Thursday, August 14, you can witness the world premiere of the Warlords of Draenor cinematic live! Join Blizzard?s Mike Morhaime, Chris Metzen, and World of Warcraft designers Ion Hazzikostas and Brian Holinka for the grand unveiling, streamed live from the Ace Theatre in Los Angeles. But that?s not all?we?ll also host a live interview with the WoW developers, announce the Warlords of Draenor launch date, and debut the first episode of a new animated lore miniseries: Lords of War. You won?t want to miss it!

When: Thursday, August 14 at 9:30 a.m. PDT
Where: Join us here on WorldofWarcraft.com to watch the live stream, or attend* the event live at the Theatre at Ace Hotel, located at 929 South Broadway in Los Angeles. (Doors open at 8:30 a.m.)

Live Attendee Bonus: Anyone who joins us live and in person in L.A. will also receive a beta key for Warlords of Draenor.**       

*Please note: World of Warcraft is rated T for Teen; some content on display at the event may not be suitable for children ages of 12 or younger. Anyone 12 years of age or under must be accompanied by an adult.

**Doors open at 8:30 a.m. Seating is limited and will be available on a first-come, first-served basisso be sure to get there early! Beta keys will be given out to everyone who comes down for the live event.

I have to admit I quit playing wow 2-3 years ago, but came back about a month or so ago to get ready for this expansion. A lot of my old guildies and friends are all coming back as well just because of this expansion.  

Anyone else excited and/or coming back to wow after a long break? 

• Like 1

1 month break, if you can call that a break. I just had the sub running and was only playing for 30 minutes per day, farming mounts, the last few months.

I came back about a month ago as well. I played some in Mists, but really haven't played hardcore since Wrath. I am very much looking forward to this expansion though, I like the story and I like the features they're adding. All in all, it just looks solid. And that cinematic trailer...my god!

yeah the trailer was amazing.. I REALLY wish they would just make the Warcraft movie be just like their cinematics and not use real people at all. 

they have always had good trailers and cut scenes in there games

I play it occasionally spend 15$ for a month here and there keeps me from spending money on other things at least     at least they change things up I just wish they didnt have such long post expantion lulls to make it so incredibly boring

I shamefully too was a bit excited to see this.

I'd be willing to jump on... if I wasn't alliance on Tichondrius, where horde are just severely overpopulated... Server transfers are so goddamn expensive. Blizzard's said it's for balancing reasons, but they don't seem to have any issue taking people's money to transfer and heavily unbalancing a realm. Aion is one of the few games I can think of where the staff actually gave a damn and placed restrictions on that crap.

I just want to play without worrying about any of this. Maybe I'll just start up on a new realm, but ugh... Maybe not.

I just started logging in for the first time in a couple of years. All my former guildies are firing it up too it looks like. 3 are back this week alone. Warlords looks so much more promising than Pandaria.

• 1 month later...

This may be a dumb question but...

Do you get 2x level 90's from pre-ordering or just 1?

It looks like the incentive to pre-order is to get a level 90 toon. But one of the features listed with the expansion is to boost one of your characters to 90. The language makes it sound like new and old players coming to WoW will even get to boost a character to 90 with this expansion. The language doesn't sound like this is a pre-order feature, just a feature of the expansion.

So I'm confused (sorry, perhaps I'm just daft).  Are they saying:

* You get a 90 boost on 1 character with the game and by pre-ordering you get to use that boost right now?

or

* You get a 90 boost on 1 character with the game and an extra 90 boost on another character for pre-ordering the game?

Level 90 Character Boost
Arise a Champion

Opposing the Iron Horde are the heroes of Azeroth?at the heights of power they?ve always been destined for. Even if you?re new or returning to the game, Warlords empowers you to boost one of your characters to level 90 and master new abilities at the gateway to Draenor, so that you can charge into grand combat right away. Play the races and classes you?ve always wanted to try, wage war alongside your friends, and take your place among Warcraft?s finest.

The expansion comes with one boost. You can buy as many as you want in the store for $60 each. They aren't tradable so if you don't need it you are stuck with a $60 thingy forever. :p

Hmm.. well if that is the case I might as well wait until closer to release to see how I'm feeling about playing it. I honestly won't have much time until the end of December.

Is there any reason to pre-order this expansion?

I know they set the price to what the market can stand, but dang are these expansions expensive. For someone coming back to WoW a $50 expansion + $15 for a month access is pretty steep.  But I'll probably cough it up like I normally do. Wish it came with a free month.

Hmm.. well if that is the case I might as well wait until closer to release to see how I'm feeling about playing it. I honestly won't have much time until the end of December.

Is there any reason to pre-order this expansion?

Nope... If you buy the collector's edition it comes with the standard stuff like a pet and a flying mount that won't fly in Draenor... :D