Xbox One Update: September 2014

I had some problems with my Xbox today before I left, it didn't sign me in, and no apps would start, including the system apps like the sign in app, and I couldn't go to my apps as that also just stood there and dropped back to the dash. netflix just hung forever on the red netflix screen.   restarting had no effect. 

on the last time I shut it down before I left it didn't shut down completely but on the on the X logo slowly blinking so I'm hoping it's downloading some update and it'll work when I get back home. otherwise I don't know what to do as I can't get into system settings or anything.

the dash app shows apps hanging is a known issue,so fix will probably be out soon. not sure how you will apply it though if you cant initiate the update. perhaps a usb restore of some sort.

But a dashboard beta isn't like your typical software. We're going to be using the same version or else we can't connect to XBL. So finding bugs which would occur between different versions is pointless.

I know perfectly well how to beta though, thanks ;)

Are you sure its pointless? I mean beta testing is messy work and MS has a lot of experience doing internal testing on software. There are a lot of variables to consider. I suppose the reason behind one version with a feature and one version without is to find out if they need to delay the release of that feature while still rolling out the rest of the changes for the upcoming update. That seems like a nice way to isolate a feature they feel might require more work then the rest of the update.

Looks like MS has been doing some fine tuning under the hood as well during these updates.

Not only does Kinect hear me even better now (which was already improved several months ago, but jumping from game to game and app to game and vice versa has improved drastically for me.

There's a good chance I'll be also purchasing the White SS:OD Xbox One later this year or early next year. Hope they have the stand alone Kinect on sale, so I can pick that up as well...

Wow.  So I'm back in the preview program and I still have the static issue.  Then my son decided he wanted to watch Netflix without the static and used the AppleTV to watch it and guess what...  static!  So all my complaining about the preview program comes down to my 6 month old Sony receiver taking a dump... :(  Now I have to take it to a service center to get repaired.

Maybe they're made to do that if connected to an Xbox...  :shiftyninja:

Wow.  So I'm back in the preview program and I still have the static issue.  Then my son decided he wanted to watch Netflix without the static and used the AppleTV to watch it and guess what...  static!  So all my complaining about the preview program comes down to my 6 month old Sony receiver taking a dump... :(  Now I have to take it to a service center to get repaired.

Maybe they're made to do that if connected to an Xbox...  :shiftyninja:

:P  That conspiracy theory in the making.