Americans Are Gradually Eating Less Cereal For Some Reason

I love cereal personally, but most are quite bad for you.

I eat mainly gluten free cereal because my wife is celiac.

I eat cereal for breakfast daily, it can be high in calories/sugars but you just have to be careful with the cereal you choose. As long as you balance your diet properly throughout the day it doesn't really matter what you have for any one specific meal.

I'm not saying that women should be forced to be stay at home mothers. they are people too with dreams and aspirations. I wouldn't think of taking that away from them.  I'm just saying the country, as a whole, was better off for it.

Then isn't it about time men stop looking at how things used to work and think about pulling their finger out and doing something to help? Too many men still believe it to be the womens job to do cooking etc in the house despite the fact they both work. I am nowhere near perfect and will sometimes happily let myself slip into a world where the misses does everything but I do help out still, just not enough as I perhaps should.

I give my daughter breakfast breakfast every school day, and then its completely random on a weekend. 

Too many men still believe it to be the womens job to do cooking etc in the house despite the fact they both work.

I personally am a bit old-fashioned because that's how my parents are. I would rather my wife (I do not have one, but assuming I did) stayed home and did housework (cooking/cleaning/taking care of the kids) while I worked and brought home the family income. I agree that if both partners in the relationship are working than housework should be equal (or at least close to it), but I personally would prefer the old ways.

• Like 1

americans are gradually not eating breakfast.

2 main reasons

1. too busy

2. mothers are more concerned with work than family.

Thank you for your sexism.

Also, I LOVE how every middle-class pop idiosyncrasy is considered 'Americana', just like the start of this article.

Cereal has existed in some form since ancient Greece. Jeans, in the other hand, while tailored originally in San Francisco, were invented by Russian and German hands using Russian and German tailoring styles and techniques. How American!

I gave up the breakfast ritual decades ago.

I'm not usually hungry in the early morning.

At most, I might drink a little milk, or eat a banana.

Maybe a growing kid needs it, but I don't.

I personally am a bit old-fashioned because that's how my parents are. I would rather my wife (I do not have one, but assuming I did) stayed home and did housework (cooking/cleaning/taking care of the kids) while I worked and brought home the family income. I agree that if both partners in the relationship are working than housework should be equal (or at least close to it), but I personally would prefer the old ways.

trust me you are not the only one.   and not just a men's opinion. 

i know quite a few girls that will give up a career to take care of the kids (with the right loving husband whom they trust)

that is who many people like and find the right way to live.    

however, until you have kids, it is ok for both to compete at careers.  and if the wife make more money, and dad loves to hang out with kids, it is ok too...

just does not happen as often, since mothers are usually attached to their kids after the pregnancy, they want to stay with kids more

on topic:    cereals are useless breakfast.    they can be good as a calorie recharge for sports,  but it has long being proven, that you need a high protein breakfast to start the day in best possible way.      spiking your blood with sugar cereals is just not helping.

eggs (i like poached, or a mushroom omelet)  are the best breakfast.  what you like with them is your choice.  i like real butter, with wholegrain toast, and tea or coffee

however, i love to take yesterdays stew, or side dish  leftovers  (mostly veggies but sometimes meat) and recycle it in the omelet next morning!   

tastes great, if you add some fresh herbs on top (cilantro|coriander/dill/parsley/basil/tarragon/mint/thyme/lemongrass/whatever you like, just fresh, not dried)!

I look at cereal as dog food in a box.  

probably worse,  as dog food is supposed to be a balanced feed covering all the nutrition needed.   

you cant live on cereal.

Good. now eat real food for breakfast instead of processed-to-hell fruitloops and what not. (I know not all cereal is bad but most boxes in stores are full of crap)

Haven't eaten cereals for years, way too much sugar in it. Prefer Coffee 2 milk, with a banana.

I was 285lbs 6'4, im now 195 lbs. Changed the way i eat, do outside activities and a little gym when i have the time

I generally only eat a small breakfast on the weekends consisting of hashbrowns, toast, sausage, or bacon.

A cup of coffee at work is all I need to get my day rolling.  A bowl of sugar just doesn't sound appetizing. Plus those cereal boxes are $4-5 or more, which is crazy.  I'd rather buy a loaf of bread for a couple dollars, which will last me a hell of a lot longer.

Between the morning rush and anxiety of the day, milk just doesn't suit me well for the morning anymore.

I absolutely love breakfast foods though, but only when I can truly enjoy them. 

The bacon, egg, jalapeno biscuit at Whataburger seems to go down well though. :)

I used to eat cheerios but started having stomach problems with it. 

and I used to love eating oatmeal. but it started giving me really bad stomach problems to the point I started throwing up half hour after eating it. and then be in pain for days after.

Huh, that's odd you make the 5th person I have encountered to say something similar with Cheerios and oatmeal causing issues, like wicked intestinal issues from either and they used to eat both frequently.

I stopped eating all the big cereal manufacturers (years ago), because I regulate all of my nutrition closely.  The big cereal chain "fortify" everything with mass amounts of vitamins and minerals.  I only eat more natural brands now that don't add as much unneeded garbage.