Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HSoft

Is CNN trying to incite a race war?

227 posts in this topic

Just wondering what others think about CNN's current headline "Why do whites run mostly black town?"

Do you think CNN is trying to stir the pot?  Incite racial hatred?

People in these communities vote for police chief, mayor etc. so they voted in these people (whether they get re-elected is another matter) which makes me think why does CNN have such a racially divisive headline?

Thought?

About all the News services are war mongering.

Just for ratings.

It is despicable. :crazy:

6 people like this

Well it's obviously click bait, which isn't surprising since it's a news website.

But I don't see a bit deal with that title.  There's nothing discriminatory about it or demeaning.

This is a prime example of how something harmless is artificially inflated into an issue. Racism will largely illuminate itself if people let it...

Just wondering what others think about CNN's current headline "Why do whites run mostly black town?"

People in these communities vote for police chief, mayor etc. so they voted in these people (whether they get re-elected is another matter) which makes me think why does CNN have such a racially divisive headline?

Thought?

The President has been doing the same thing since his first campaign, people ate it up like the idiots they are, it caters to a specific segment that loves to get their propaganda from CNN 

6 people like this

It is a race war.

2 people like this

The media isn't doing anything wrong here that I can see. CNN and CBSnews they are all reporting legit things that are going on, even foxnews for a change.

Now here is my problem... all these riots and ###### started right when that racial fool Al Sharpton joined the crowd. Every single time you have a black citizen have something happen to them by a white citizen or cop then he goes and sticks his nose right in it to really stir things up. Had this man not showed up and pushed everyone to protest we wouldn't be having this discussion right now.

Prove me wrong....show me where he didn't show up and where he was never in this city....well he was and he loves to stir that ######.

3 people like this

It is a race war.

Yeah?

So police is a race now?

Yeah?

So police is a race now?

Oh I'm sorry, I didn't ask for the KKK to be in my backyard awarding funds to the police officer who killed a young black man. If you're not even in my race, then you don't understand the slightest damn aspect of the racism we have to put up with on an hourly basis.

1 person likes this

Oh I'm sorry, I didn't ask for the KKK to be in my backyard awarding funds to the police officer who killed a young black man. If you're not even in my race, then you don't understand the slightest damn aspect of the racism we have to put up with on an hourly basis.

Forever the victim.

13 people like this

Forever the victim.

You're lucky you're not the victim.

When I saw the headling I def thought it was a bit much.  Who do they think voted for the white mayor?

1 person likes this

All media is. 

Anibal P, on 15 Aug 2014 - 06:56, said:

The President has been doing the same thing since his first campaign, people ate it up like the idiots they are, it caters to a specific segment that loves to get their propaganda from CNN 

Stop getting your propaganda from Fox News.

5 people like this

This is an insensitive way to get the most clicks.

Just keep playing the victim and spot down anyone who doesn't subscribe to your worldview by claiming they don't have the right to hold a contrary opinion.

10 people like this

You're lucky you're not the victim.

Victim of what?

Just keep playing the victim and spot down anyone who doesn't subscribe to your worldview by claiming they don't have the right to hold a contrary opinion.

I'm done with this community.

3 people like this

paranoid anyone? that country has a black president, cant ask for more can you?

1 person likes this

Thought?

CNN is trying to craft drama filled headlines to get people to click their stuff... This isn't anything new or unexpected in this day and age where advertisers rule the roost.

Why is this even being classified as a war in the minds of some? This was largely an attempt of a community to peacefully assemble and publicly petition their government for a redress of their grievances. The protests went south largely due to the extremely poor response from the police department to this whole ordeal.

The police chief should be fired ASAP and the department should be severely reprimanded and revamped to prevent this from happening again. This was just wholly unacceptable response to the protesting crowds and only served to intensify the already tense situation.

Yeah?

So police is a race now?

Obviously an institution isn't a member of a race, but the humans who carry out its duties are. Police are very hostile to black persons and it is no surprise that the situation is being considered along race lines. Race may not be the issue, time and facts being borne out will help us know for sure, but it would be imprudent for it to not be a factor that is discussed publicly during the investigation.

The police should have responded by working with the community and not trying to responding in a manner that suggests the community was correct in their assumptions...

Case in point, here in Philadelphia we had a fire that killed a few kids in a predominantly African (immigrant) area of town. The fire managed to burn down multiple homes very rapidly, but the initial public furor was that the fire department let the homes burn down due to the occupants being black. People questioned how this fire killed so many and spread so far with a fire station right on the corner. There were protests outside fire stations and the like. Instead of the city sticking armored personnel carriers everywhere and pointing rifles at protestors they responded with the facts at hand and admitted mistakes where they occurred. The facts were that there was a slight error in how the fire was coded by the dispatcher, but the fire department was on scene within 5 minutes and it was just a very tragic event. People often have intense reactions to such major losses.

3 people like this

If you're not even in my race, then you don't understand the slightest damn aspect of the racism we have to put up with on an hourly basis

Absolute BS typical of the "victim minority"

5 people like this

Warning: Clickbairclickbaitclickbait

1 person likes this

paranoid anyone? that country has a black president, cant ask for more can you?

He is also half white.

Who cares.

3 people like this

Is the title over-the-top? Absolutely. Is there a legitimate issue concerning ethnic representation? Yes. It is questionable how a town that is two-thirds black has only three non-white police officers. It's hard to have faith in an institution that bears little relation to society. I imagine the same would be true if you look into judges and politicians there too.

CNN posting an article about ethnic diversity shouldn't be construed as an attempt to start a race war and it's concerning that anyone would think that. That it could be construed as such highlights the significant race issues facing the US.

3 people like this

Why is asking the question racially divisive, when its pretty clear that there are some strong oddities with the way they have conducted themselves - that may not have occurred if it was more balanced.  This isn't about just one event, but the bones of systemic racism we all still live under.

To say XXIV is playing the victim card is quite insulting and just shows PoC that white people still don't get it.  Sava's post is a perfect example of that.  Dems black people were clearly OK with the shooting and the general way they are treated by police until that rabble rouser Sharpton came in and wound them all up.  Youz knowz how easily it is for dem folk to get all worked up.  Dats why we gotta keep moving.

FFS

6 people like this

Why is asking the question racially divisive, when its pretty clear that there are some strong oddities with the way they have conducted themselves - that may not have occurred if it was more balanced.  This isn't about just one event, but the bones of systemic racism we all still live under.

To say XXIV is playing the victim card is quite insulting and just shows PoC that white people still don't get it.  Sava's post is a perfect example of that.  Dems black people were clearly OK with the shooting and the general way they are treated by police until that rabble rouser Sharpton came in and wound them all up.  Youz knowz how easily it is for dem folk to get all worked up.  Dats why we gotta keep moving.

FFS

He played the victim card when he made this about himself. Everyone wants to be part of something I guess.