• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 The_Observer

The_Observer

Apples, Bananas, Rhinoceros!

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: iPhone5s

Posted 15 August 2014 - 18:48

its good but not amazing, not enjoying the menu system (its like the worst thing i have used), still trying to work out how to use the Kinect. Think i need more time to get used to it, but the UI needs a upgrade imho.

#2 shozilla

shozilla

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 7

Posted 15 August 2014 - 18:51

its good but not amazing, not enjoying the menu system (its like the worst thing i have used), still trying to work out how to use the Kinect. Think i need more time to get used to it, but the UI needs a upgrade imho.

If you are in the preview program, update your console and it will be better for you.  Improved features under the hood and stuff plus more features coming soon.

#3 +d5aqoëp

d5aqoëp

Banned

Posted 15 August 2014 - 18:58

Improved features under the hood and stuff plus more features coming soon.

OP said he did not enjoy the menu system. So any under the hood changes will not make him change his mind. Hopefully he gets used to it.

#4 shozilla

shozilla

Neowinian Senior

Posted 15 August 2014 - 19:09

OP said he did not enjoy the menu system. So any under the hood changes will not make him change his mind. Hopefully he gets used to it.

I know that he is not enjoying the menu... but Like I said, improved features will work for him such as voice command, and stuff. Smartglass.

I use smartglass on my phone/tablet to control xbox for media...  and I use controller for gaming.. that's simple.  :D

Look other thread for upcoming features to be added in near future. such as stream TV to the smartglass, etc.

#5 OP The_Observer

The_Observer

Posted 15 August 2014 - 19:15

I think i just don't like the black background, why can i put some nice images up there. Also what is with the menu boxes with things like Insert Disk.... um i don't need a button to tell me this. and I'm on Gold and have a ad to "Get more with Gold" I think its the lay out of this I'm not enjoying. Not on preview menu but when does full version come out??

#6 shozilla

shozilla

Neowinian Senior

Posted 15 August 2014 - 19:29

I think i just don't like the black background, why can i put some nice images up there. Also what is with the menu boxes with things like Insert Disk.... um i don't need a button to tell me this. and I'm on Gold and have a ad to "Get more with Gold" I think its the lay out of this I'm not enjoying. Not on preview menu but when does full version come out??

The red text part... It will come in near future... Nelson got the mockup image from the designer (forgot who it was) and passed it on to the Xbox Team and they will consider to add that feature.

#7 Defiantly

Defiantly

In Capsa Vino Veritas!

• Phone: IPhone 5S

Posted 15 August 2014 - 19:37

The get more with gold is where you can download the free monthly games. It's not an ad.

I'd suggest either reading up on the console or using YouTube to view some video's on it's functionality.

#8 OP The_Observer

The_Observer

Posted 15 August 2014 - 19:40

The get more with gold is where you can download the free monthly games. It's not an ad.

I'd suggest either reading up on the console or using YouTube to view some video's on it's functionality.

Cheers will do. BTW this preview program, can people still join??

#9 +Audien

Audien

Software Eng.

• Tech Issues Solved: 2
  • Phone: iPhone 5S

Posted 15 August 2014 - 22:53

I'm sure there'll be UI revisions like the 360 had.  Time will tell - I do miss having a large HD background, too.

#10 Vigilant

Vigilant

Neowinian

Posted 16 August 2014 - 06:08

Yeah the menuing is pretty bad. Xbox Live is great, but the menuing has me missing the PS4.

#11 FreeJAC1310

FreeJAC1310

Neowinian

Posted 18 August 2014 - 16:21

Dont forget to calibrate Kinect so you dont have the voice command going wonky. Ok well they still do sometimes but a lot less after the calibration. I can't remember the last time mine had issues and I use it all the time.

I dont get the whole issue with the menuing system. I only wish it would support more pins.

#12 McKay

McKay

Neowinian Stallion

• Phone: LG G3

Posted 18 August 2014 - 16:33

I find it slightly amusing how the UIs of both the Xbox One and PS4 lost functionality. No more themes etc, hell can't even buy new gamer pictures on Ps4 for now. The thing I am grateful for on the Xbox One is the fact the ui is native 1080p. The 360s dash was 720p and it showed, with the blurry text etc. I'll be glad when themes or even the ability to use your own background arrive. To make it feel more personal.

#13 OP The_Observer

The_Observer

Posted 18 August 2014 - 23:19

Dont forget to calibrate Kinect so you dont have the voice command going wonky. Ok well they still do sometimes but a lot less after the calibration. I can't remember the last time mine had issues and I use it all the time.

I dont get the whole issue with the menuing system. I only wish it would support more pins.

Dont have the voice commands working think it has something to do with me living in New Zealand.

#14 GotBored

GotBored

Brain Trust

• Tech Issues Solved: 3
  • Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 20 August 2014 - 13:04

Dont have the voice commands working think it has something to do with me living in New Zealand.

To be fair on Microsoft no one understands Kiwis. :)

#15 OP The_Observer

The_Observer

Posted 20 August 2014 - 20:38

To be fair on Microsoft no one understands Kiwis. :)

LOL  in case you need a few tips

http://www.lonelypla...-articles/76787

:woot: