22 posts in this topic

Posted

Apple releases OS X Yosemite Developer Preview 6 with new wallpapers & icons

Right on schedule, Apple has released the sixth preview of the upcoming OS X Yosemite to developers today. This new seed comes two weeks following the previous release, and it likely continues to bring performance enhancements, interface tweaks, and bug fixes. We

Posted

do people use the dashboard???

2 people like this

Posted

I use it for 5/10 seconds every so often if i need to quickly work out a date.. other than that everything it offers is already available and i believe the calendar is going to the sidebar they might as well kill it.

Posted

Also as an fyi...xcode 6 beta 6 was pulled by apple.  Seems apple didn't code sign it.

Posted

Updated the 'ol Hackintosh, everything's looking good! :D

1 person likes this

Posted

This update will cause problems for anyone using Parallels (current version of Parallels 9 anyway), as one of it's services will fail to start.

You can start the service manually by using this command in the Terminal (posted by someone in the Parallels forums):

sudo /Applications/Parallels\ Desktop.app/Contents/MacOS/Parallels\ Service.app/Contents/MacOS/prl_disp_service -e

Posted

I don't.  I've tried but more often than not, I want to be looking at one of my application windows while interacting with one of the dashboard controls (for example, a notepad dashboard widget isn't very useful if you want to write notes while referencing a web site or watching some instructional video).

Posted

I use it now and then to check the weather but on my machine that has the public beta I find myself using the weather display in the notification center more.

Posted

The new icons are nice. Glad to see Apple keeps things consistent in their UI refreshes.

Microsoft, are you listening?

2 people like this

Posted

wow looks nice but man its really looking more and more like iOS isn't it? 

Posted

sometimes but I use Alfred more tho.

Posted

The new icons are nice. Glad to see Apple keeps things consistent in their UI refreshes.

Microsoft, are you listening?

Microsoft is very consistent with their inconsistency. 

3 people like this

Posted

Thank god!

Posted

I think that's a good thing. I mean, OS X and iOS are basically married and they practically work together. I'm dying to update my phone to iOS 8 so I can send all of my texts and calls to Yosemite.  :laugh:

Matter of fact, is anyone using the phone call feature with iOS and OS X right now? Just wanna know before I do update my iPhone, because even though I have Studio Wireless, I like coding without switching my headset or holding the phone all the time.

Posted

That's the idea behind the Yosemite UI - make it look consistent with iOS 7+ while still keeping its own identity.

With DP6 they've added quite a bit more polish to OS X 10.10. What we see now is likely to be very close to the final product.

Posted

If you've not used it previously it actually uninstalls it during Yosemite install.  It is gone here and i'm actually glad so it is not using resources for something I don't use.

Posted

Looking good!  looking very good

Posted

Where's better window management? Yosemite: just a theme change, for the sake of it.

For your interest:

Posted

That's the idea behind the Yosemite UI - make it look consistent with iOS 7+ while still keeping its own identity.

With DP6 they've added quite a bit more polish to OS X 10.10. What we see now is likely to be very close to the final product.

I

1 person likes this

Posted

:x Jesus that is (consistently) terrible.

Posted

I think the volume and brightness HUDs look bad. Translucency, black AND white is just too much. Instead of blocks in a bar they should just go with black dots that fill in black circles. Like the iOS signal indicator.

Did they fix how bad the new font looks on non-Retina displays?

Posted

I wonder if with the UI refresh will come with a hardware design refresh. In the past OS X and the hardware (imac, macbook, mac pro) have all meshed. Back when the macs were all plastic, the UI had a more plastic feel to it.