app mass image resize

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#16 +Wannes

Wannes

iCommand ⌘

• Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 27 August 2014 - 11:38

I'll come back with some bugs to smash later!

EDIT: Chrome sees this download as a potential hazard.

#17 OP Jan

Jan

It's not a Navy boat, it's a Gravy boat

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 27 August 2014 - 13:10

Just tried it out and is very nicely done! I had 1 crash when dragging a picture from my OneDrive folder in Windows 8. I used procdump.exe to find out what type of exception occured. Here it is:

------------------------------------------------------------------

[12:28:42] Exception: E0434F4D.System.IO.IOException ("The file cannot be access
ed by the system.
")
[12:28:42] Exception: E0434F4D.System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException ("The fi
le cannot be accessed by the system.
")
The process has exited.

------------------------------------------------------------------

The problem is Windows shows you the content of the OneDrive folder, even if the files are not available locally yet. Windows downloads the file only when needed. That explains the above.

Thanks! I'll check it out and try to sort it, thanks for the help :)

Interesting stuff!  Will it be able to scale up by % and 'fill to size maintaining ratio' in the future?  I hoped it could up-scale my wallpapers to 2560x1440 (I know Windows already does a fair job).

I can certainly look into adding those features! Thanks for the feedback :)

Pretty cool, I think software with a UX like this is sort of the future. Gone are the days of ugly tools.

It feels more inspired by OS X or iOS than Metro to me, because of the colours and the blurred headerbar (which I think look great in this context). And the circle spread animation on clicking things feels a bit like Material Design, also cool!

One thing though, nothing happens when I hit the checkmark after selecting images. It just clears the selection and that's it.

Yep! It features elements from all operating systems, eg the blurred header bar from iOS and OS X, the subtle circle animations from Android as well as the window controls and some fonts from Windows.

That's what the checkmark is supposed to do once you've selected images, it's just an easy way to deselect all the images.

I'll come back with some bugs to smash later!

EDIT: Chrome sees this download as a potential hazard.

It's completely safe don't worry  :shiftyninja:

#18 Ambroos

Ambroos

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 7
  • Phone: Sony Xperia Z2

Posted 27 August 2014 - 13:27

That's what the checkmark is supposed to do once you've selected images, it's just an easy way to deselect all the images.

Then how do I actually resize images :p ? The X removes them from the grid, the checkmark clears the selection.

* Edit, just got it. Wouldn't it make more sense to make the checkmark resize just the selected images?

#19 OP Jan

Jan

Posted 27 August 2014 - 13:36

Then how do I actually resize images :p ? The X removes them from the grid, the checkmark clears the selection.

* Edit, just got it. Wouldn't it make more sense to make the checkmark resize just the selected images?

I wanted the selection mode purely to be for removing images, but your suggestion is valid and i'll certainly look into a way of incorporating it.

Thanks.

--

I've just pushed out an update which allows you to scale images up with the Percentage tool, also a window should popup at the start to tell you of the new feature in the update. Your app install should update as soon as you open it thanks to ClickOnce.

--

Anddddddddddddd I've pushed out another update, this time to fix a problem with the last update :p

#20 Draconian Guppy

Draconian Guppy

LippyZillaD Council

• Tech Issues Solved: 6

Posted 27 August 2014 - 13:42

Didn't get a chance to try this, i'll post my findings later through the day. Quick question, what sort of memory leaks should I expect ? :p

#21 OP Jan

Jan

Posted 27 August 2014 - 14:11

Didn't get a chance to try this, i'll post my findings later through the day. Quick question, what sort of memory leaks should I expect ? :p

This is what happens when 64 large photos are loaded and then hovered over :p

Sj3qrh4.gif

I really need to sort hovering over images out :p It doesn't release the memory.

So basically try not to hover over images until it's sorted otherwise byebye memory  :s

#22 Draconian Guppy

Draconian Guppy

LippyZillaD Council

Posted 27 August 2014 - 14:48

This is what happens when 64 large photos are loaded and then hovered over :p

Sj3qrh4.gif

I really need to sort hovering over images out :p It doesn't release the memory.

So basically try not to hover over images until it's sorted otherwise byebye memory  :s

Off topic, wow I really wanted  to try musicX, but at 151.4mb I have a hard time replacing my 20mb+ foobar setup ! :laugh:

#23 OP Jan

Jan

Posted 27 August 2014 - 15:06

Off topic, wow I really wanted  to try musicX, but at 151.4mb I have a hard time replacing my 20mb+ foobar setup ! :laugh:

Not too sure why it was so high then :p It normally isn't.

A4YiTpFF58pvEBMA-Region.png

You should still try musiX out, it's pretty darn sweet.

--

Pushed another update out to Scalemate, it now shows the progress when saving images in the taskbar, I'll hopefully get it to show in the app soon.

#24 Raphaël

Raphaël

You can't take the code from me

• Phone: Nokia Lumia 630

Posted 27 August 2014 - 16:35

Wow that's high :)

#25 Draconian Guppy

Draconian Guppy

LippyZillaD Council

Posted 27 August 2014 - 16:55

Wow that's high :)

maybe a sneak peak beta test of teh next version would resolve thos issues eh ?  :p :laugh:

Ok ok enough thread hacking.

#26 OP Jan

Jan

Posted 28 August 2014 - 11:32

New update now available

New Tooltips.png

--

Another update released

You can now constrain the proportions of the image by tapping the Lock in the save menu.

Constrain Proportions.png