assassins creed ubisoft ps3 ps4 xbox 360 xbox one

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 nrjperera

nrjperera

Neowinian

Posted 19 August 2014 - 12:45

Assassins_Creed_Rogue_1.jpg

Xbox 360 and PS3 gamers were delighted by the Ubisoft’s news about the upcoming Assassin’s Creed Rogue game for last-gen consoles. Sadly, it will the last Assassin’s Creed game you’ll ever play on your old console.

Ubisoft’s Assassins Creed becomes the latest triple-A title to ditch the last-gen console for good. The developer announced that after 2015 they will abandon last-gen consoles to focus on developing better games for next-gen Xbox One and PS4 consoles.

“What we see is that this year is still fine for the PS3 and 360,” Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot told GameInformer. “But next year because they are selling very quickly, we’ll move to the new hardware. After 2015, it will be hard for us to create games for those systems.”

Source

#2 Brendeth

Brendeth

Neowinian

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 19 August 2014 - 12:49

While I'm all for pushing forward with next-gen, for a series that thrives on yearly iterations dropping last-gen so soon seems like a strange idea.

#3 George P

George P

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: HTC Windows Phone 8X

Posted 19 August 2014 - 12:59

Well, it does but then it also doesn't, I mean right now I have no interest in playing the newest "last gen" Assassins creed they have coming, I'm must more interested in playing Unity.

#4 Andrew

Andrew

Guardian

• Tech Issues Solved: 9

Posted 19 August 2014 - 22:27

The AC series needs a hiatus IMO, which wouldn't hurt if they need to work on proper upgrades for PS4/X1.

Just don't repeat the same schedule for Division, please Ubi :no: