US official: Military has been asked to send more troops to Iraq

99 posts in this topic

Posted

US official: Military has been asked to send more troops to Iraq

image.jpg

WASHINGTON

Posted

Volunteer yourself. Make it 301.

Some are so quick to want to send OTHER people into harms way.

19 people like this

Posted

These days I'm leaning more towards the idea of, "get everyone that doesn't live there out, and let the locals deal with the situation for a while, then see what the locals ask for."

Such a situation would fall apart in seconds though, for so many reasons. We need to appreciate that a hornet's nest has been kicked, and there is no easy way out of that. We can point the finger left, right and center, but that won't help us resolve the situation now.

4 people like this

Posted

Volunteer yourself. Make it 301.

Some are so quick to want to send OTHER people into harms way.

if i just could do this. :/

Posted

<Title changed>

Please use the title of the article that you're linking to wherever possible. (Y)

Posted

'Sneakers on the Ground' ain't working so it's back to boots, and Europe is apparently getting the message too. Back to the Future.

1 person likes this

Posted

if i just could do this. :/

Why can't you?

Posted

"Just say no"

Posted

Why can't you?

because i don't know how or if there exists any possibility or legal-trick to do so. i would do anything to make this happen. would lick all 300 pairs of these boots clean, would rip out every single hair left on my head, would go right now without having had breakfast. i know if you go fighting for hamas/isis you are perfectly legal to travel down there, do some terror attacks, and then you are even allowed to fly back to your european state, radicalised, collect benefits and nothing happens. but if you want to fight for the us in iraq and you have not the honor to be born there, you are lost afaik. :(:angry:

if anyone knows how: let me know. i fear after my "support" for the obama administration, he won't release a presidential decree, which probably would be the easiest way.

Posted

because i don't know how or if there exists any possibility or legal-trick to do so. i would do anything to make this happen. would lick all 300 pairs of these boots clean, would rip out every single hair left on my head, would go right now without having had breakfast. i know if you go fighting for hamas/isis you are perfectly legal to travel down there, do some terror attacks, and then you are even allowed to fly back to your european state, radicalised, collect benefits and nothing happens. but if you want to fight for the us in iraq and you have not the honor to be born there, you are lost afaik. :(:angry:

if anyone knows how: let me know. i fear after my "support" for the obama administration, he won't release a presidential decree, which probably would be the easiest way.

That's understandable, but why don't you just fly down to Iraq and pickup a weapon and start killing terrorists?

Posted (edited)

snip.

'Sneakers on the Ground' ain't working so it's back to boots, and Europe is apparently getting the message too. Back to the Future.

more of this. it's just a matter of time, till reality catches obama even on the golf-course.

U.S. fighter jets and drones stepped up attacks on Islamic State targets in Iraq and the Obama administration was weighing sending more boots on the ground -- even as the group released a graphic video showing the beheading of American journalist James Foley. 

Though the militants who executed Foley framed the brutal beheading as retaliation for American airstrikes, the administration gave no indication Wednesday that it was dialing back.

President Obama, speaking from Martha

Edited by zhangm

Posted

why don't u just shut up?

Hahaha thank you for exposing yourself as a hypocrite. Seriously though, you hate the terrorists and Obamas policies, I take it you're not a US citizen yet you want the US to send soldiers there.

So answer my question then: why don't you, and everyone else who hates these terrorists so much, go to Iraq, buy a cheap weapon and kill some terrorists? It's very easy, just a plain ticket and you're there. Same goes with DocM.

Going to answer this?

3 people like this

Posted

Hahaha thank you for exposing yourself as a hypocrite. Seriously though, you hate the terrorists and Obamas policies, I take it you're not a US citizen yet you want the US to send soldiers there.

So answer my question then: why don't you, and everyone else who hates these terrorists so much, go to Iraq, buy a cheap weapon and kill some terrorists? It's very easy, just a plain ticket and you're there. Same goes with DocM.

Going to answer this?

do i have to be a formula 1 driver to have an opinion on racing?

yep i want the us to send soldiers there and i would love to join them, i have contacted several forums but found nothing,  i even checked army.mil for anything, it might be understandable from a privacy point of view that the have no email addy there, but even to send away the contact formular you have to be us citizen which is just ridiculous.

few months back i had contact with a guy supposingly working for the us army in germany and he said it's now even difficult for us-citizens to join as they want cut back on troops in general.

why don't i go there and buy a weapon? well i think i made it clear in the posting above. isis are not some freaks with weapons they had 100s of hours training with weapons which i don't have and they are more, not even the 300 us troops could do anything against them. that's the fact and if there is a way i could join a possible 3rd iraqi war i would do that, but don't expect me to commit suicide just because you don't like my point of view.

Posted

do i have to be a formula 1 driver to have an opinion on racing?

yep i want the us to send soldiers there and i would love to join them, i have contacted several forums but found nothing, i even checked army.mil for anything, it might be understandable from a privacy point of view that the have no email addy there, but even to send away the contact formular you have to be us citizen which is just ridiculous.

few months back i had contact with a guy supposingly working for the us army in germany and he said it's now even difficult for us-citizens to join as they want cut back on troops in general.

why don't i go there and buy a weapon? well i think i made it clear in the posting above. isis are not some freaks with weapons they had 100s of hours training with weapons which i don't have and they are more, not even the 300 us troops could do anything against them. that's the fact and if there is a way i could join a possible 3rd iraqi war i would do that, but don't expect me to commit suicide just because you don't like my point of view.

So why don't you also train? It's very easy to find army training materials online. You can also find people like you online, there's a few on this forum as well. Together you guys can train and then go to Middle East and fight terrorists. I'm very serious about this. It's perfectly legal for you to do so, just like people can go down there and fight with the terrorists.

Rather than spending most of your online time criticizing presidents and being an armchair warrior, why don't you do something about the problems that bother you?

Posted

So why don't you also train? It's very easy to find army training materials online. You can also find people like you online, there's a few on this forum as well. Together you guys can train and then go to Middle East and fight terrorists. I'm very serious about this. It's perfectly legal for you to do so, just like people can go down there and fight with the terrorists.

Rather than spending most of your online time criticizing presidents and being an armchair warrior, why don't you do something about the problems that bother you?

it would be heavily depend on how few there are. again, i just think you mean everyone who is not supporting your beloved obama who does a politic of running away like a little chicken, should do this and i bet not many would be willing to do so.

but if we could make the numbers count i would be open for that idea. not if we talk about 2 or 3 people, i guess we would need high double or low tripple numbers. and, ofc, as we would fight for the us, we would at least expect to get their weapons. i have no money to buy my own and would not even know where and probably would get only 3rd class material. not fitting.

the other point you mention about training. these isis cun*s have a big advantage here. how long would it a group of us take to get on their level? until then even obama has left the golf-course and send his troops where they belong, into iraq.

so you see... i come back to the f1 driver thing. it's like you say, ok you can't be formula 1 driver, but you still can do your car races. "just" buy a race-track, some cars, tune them and race, it's perfectly legal, blablablabla

you just talk that way, because you know, it's very difficult to achieve (even iraqi army can't completely win over isis) and you love it to try to make us look like the stupid ones.

for the beginning: fill out your profile, use a pic of yourself as avatar, but probably you are not man ennough to do so. i would not care, but only if you stop accusing me of being an armchair warrior, because i am not.

Posted

it would be heavily depend on how few there are. again, i just think you mean everyone who is not supporting your beloved obama who does a politic of running away like a little chicken, should do this and i bet not many would be willing to do so.

but if we could make the numbers count i would be open for that idea. not if we talk about 2 or 3 people, i guess we would need high double or low tripple numbers. and, ofc, as we would fight for the us, we would at least expect to get their weapons. i have no money to buy my own and would not even know where and probably would get only 3rd class material. not fitting.

the other point you mention about training. these isis cun*s have a big advantage here. how long would it a group of us take to get on their level? until then even obama has left the golf-course and send his troops where they belong, into iraq.

so you see... i come back to the f1 driver thing. it's like you say, ok you can't be formula 1 driver, but you still can do your car races. "just" buy a race-track, some cars, tune them and race, it's perfectly legal, blablablabla

you just talk that way, because you know, it's very difficult to achieve (even iraqi army can't completely win over isis) and you love it to try to make us look like the stupid ones.

for the beginning: fill out your profile, use a pic of yourself as avatar, but probably you are not man ennough to do so. i would not care, but only if you stop accusing me of being an armchair warrior, because i am not.

Ok, first, there's no such thing as an armchair f1 driver. So that comparison is just way off. Secondly, here is the definition of an armchair warrior:

"

Armchair warrior is a pejorative term that alludes to fighting from the comfort of one

5 people like this

Posted

Ok, first, there's no such thing as an armchair f1 driver. So that comparison is just way off. Secondly, here is the definition of an armchair warrior:

"

Armchair warrior is a pejorative term that alludes to fighting from the comfort of one

Posted

First of all, no they are not collecting their benefits here. IF they come back it's mostly not in one piece (not that I care) and they are locked up.

Secondly, just join one of the many private armies and be a mercenary if you really want to fight that badly.

Posted

First of all, no they are not collecting their benefits here. IF they come back it's mostly not in one piece (not that I care) and they are locked up.

yep pm camereon is looking for a way to take away their passports and lock them away after they are back.

BUT: weak countries like germany and france, who secretly hate the united states, allow them to come back, they only get surveillance but can still live here untouched. it's a fact and we are talking about 300-400 people for germany and 700 for france.

so, id need at least 1000 neowinians to counter them.

Secondly, just join one of the many private armies and be a mercenary if you really want to fight that badly.

links, sources, please.

Posted

read the autosport forum about armchair experts (often) and armchair f1 driver (less likely) or armchair teamboss (more likely).

just because you don't read it here, it does not mean it does not exists.

being accused of an armchair "whatever" is only fair if the person who has possibilities to do anything against it, does nothing.

i have already told you that i tried my best, but it's not possible for me. asked you if you knew a way, you kept on bashing me.

you now want ME to find thousands of armchair warriros online (most of them probably old and fat and therefore NOT suited for the goal i am aiming for)? get a grip! people like you annoy me the most. i make my case, i try everything, get nothing back in reward, and you still go on about it.

as i said above just please stfu.

you are even worse than that windows user guy bashing me in private convo about my linux distro i created.

Your first post of telling me to shut up because I called you out on being a hypocrite got deleted. Don't you think this one will? How good would you be in an army if you can't follow simple forum rules?

And I'm sure not all armchair warriors are fat. Why the generalization? I'm confident there are thousands of people like yourself that want to go kill terrorists. Why don't you try social media and recruit them? You see how well social media works nowadays when it comes to spreading news.

Clearly if you're sitting behind a keyboard and not killing terrorists means you haven't done everything to achieve your goal.

Posted

Neowin Army!

2 people like this

Posted

Thing is, whichever way Obama handles this situation, he'll be criticised. The problem is Iraq and neighbouring countries like Syria are a total mess borne out of what we've done there over the last decade or so. It seems to me that we could probably have troops over there for another 30 years and still never get on top of the problems there, or only continue to make them worse.. not to mention how unpopular this generally is amongst the military families who have seen so many of their loved ones come home in body bags over the years, on such a pointless conflict. But taking troops away, or not committing resources, now means that Islamic State will only grow in strength.

And presumably it'll be an extremely fine line between committing just enough troops to make a difference, vs too few troops to be ineffective. So whatever happens, he's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. Not an enviable position to be honest.

1 person likes this

Posted

@

ctebah

why don't you just buy a ferrari? i am betting there are 1000s of people out there wanting to do the same. go find them. or create a facebook page. :rofl:

Posted

@ ctebah

why don't you just buy a ferrari? i am betting there are 1000s of people out there wanting to do the same. go find them. or create a facebook page. :rofl:

Again, thanks for exposing yourself. You should lead the Neowin Armchair Army since you can't have a serious discussion.

2 people like this

Posted

yep pm camereon is looking for a way to take away their passports and lock them away after they are back.

BUT: weak countries like germany and france, who secretly hate the united states, allow them to come back, they only get surveillance but can still live here untouched. it's a fact and we are talking about 300-400 people for germany and 700 for france.

so, id need at least 1000 neowinians to counter them.

links, sources, please.

Well, first off get some experience in the police force. After that join one of the big firms (blackwater, global dynamics, triple canopy,ikey, ...) or go the french foreign legion (I had a roommate who was former french foreign legion and believe me, he had seen his share of action).