Photo

How do you pay for things

cash cards credit cheque

51 replies to this topic

Poll: How do you pay for things

What payment method do you use?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#46 Aheer.R.S.

Aheer.R.S.

I cannot Teach Him, the Boy has no Patience!

• 11,903 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 06:24

I try to make online purchases using cash, but that darn slot in the front of my pc refuses to accept the notes and coins :s

#47 JHBrown

JHBrown

Neowinian Senior

• 4,085 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 6/Galaxy Note 3

Posted 05 November 2014 - 07:08

Always credit card. Racked up thousands of points last year from running about $40,000 through American Express alone.

#48 Gerowen

Gerowen

Neowinian Senior

• 3,529 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 07:31

Always credit card. Racked up thousands of points last year from running about $40,000 through American Express alone.

Have never had a points credit card.  After digging myself out of some stupid debt I built up, all of my transactions any more are just with the money I have on hand.  If I don't have the money at that moment, I just don't have the money.  Just out of curiosity, do the points you accrue actually offset the interest you pay on the card?

#49 Shiranui

Shiranui

Iconoclast

• 4,043 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 07:40

Actually.
When I want something, and I don't want to pay for it.
I walk right through the door. Walk right through the door.
Hey all right! If I get by, it's mine. Mine all mine!

#50 SteveMackinnon

SteveMackinnon

Neowinian

• 84 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 11:54

Credit Card if possible, AMEX if they accept it to tack up air miles, a VISA if not.

Both always paid off in full on the day they're due.

As others have said, buying stuff on a CC is far easier if you are ever a victim of fraud. My debit cards will never be added to any website with the exception of British Airways, because I refuse to pay £10 booking fee! haha!

#51 enroh

enroh

Neowinian

• 393 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 1520

Posted 05 November 2014 - 12:24

99% cards...very rare I use cash which I hate carrying

#52 JHBrown

JHBrown

Neowinian Senior

• 4,085 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 6/Galaxy Note 3

Posted 05 November 2014 - 17:49

Have never had a points credit card. After digging myself out of some stupid debt I built up, all of my transactions any more are just with the money I have on hand. If I don't have the money at that moment, I just don't have the money. Just out of curiosity, do the points you accrue actually offset the interest you pay on the card?

The money I run through my cards is "money I have on hand". I pay off my cards in full every month so there is no interest. My cards are used for utilities, groceries, gas, a mortgage payment, car payments, medical, and all entertainment. Our vacation every year is covered from all the points we accrue over the year. Let your credit work for you! Credit cards do not automatically mean debt. Be smart with it and reap the rewards.