Mailbox for OS X Betacoins

post-23147-0-06291000-1408647592.jpg

If anyone is interested in a betacoin to get the new Mailbox for OS X beta, I have two of them. I wanted to offer them to Neowinians before I took to Twitter.

If you're interested, DM me. First come, first serve. And of course, if anyone else has any betacoins and wants to share them with the community, don't hesitate to use this thread :) 

Popular Email App Mailbox Launches for Desktop, Adds Support for Drafts

Mailbox, one of the most popular email apps, has finally come to the desktop.

Dropbox, which acquired Mailbox last year, rolled out a Mac version on Tuesday that uses the same gesture-based controls as the existing iOS and Android apps.

Like Mailbox's mobile apps, the desktop version takes advantage of the platform's auto-swipe functionality, which learns from users' patterns to predict what they may do with individual emails. Preferences are synced with users' Dropbox accounts so the settings are preserved across devices and accounts linked to Mailbox.

But the biggest change to the app ? and a welcome one for longtime users ? is the addition of drafts to the iOS and desktop version. (Android support is coming soon.) Drafts, which has been missing from the app until now, has been one of the most requested features, said Mailbox's Liz Armistead.

"The way IMAP works now, it saves every couple seconds so you end up having hundreds of versions in your trash," Arimstead told Mashable. "The way Dropbox works, a draft is almost like a collaborative doc in your Dropbox ? it's not taking up space and it's not like you can access it ? but Dropbox is holding that metadata so your drafts aren't replicated a thousand times."

Dropbox first announced a desktop app was in the works in April when it first unveiled Carousel, its photo storage app, and Mailbox for Android.

The desktop app, which is still a beta version for now, will be available to any user who has previously used the mobile apps. The company is emailing current users "betacoins" that can be used to get access to the app, before eventually rolling the beta out to more users.

• 2 weeks later...