Photo

Forza Horizon 2 proves the driving genre is back at its best

xbox one microsoft forza horizon 2 playground games

22 replies to this topic

#16 shastasheen

shastasheen

Neowinian

Posted 24 August 2014 - 20:25

Hopefully its not ruined like fm5 was with micro-transactions and the "grinding"

I think they learned their lesson pretty quickly with the free credits, doubling the credit payouts etc, just a few weeks after the release. The only issue I have with driving games now is you have to be in that mental space to keep playing and staying in that mindset. You sort of have to focus on that game and that game only (for me anyway). If you walk away for a few weeks it's hard to hop into an S class and pick up right where you left off.

#17 Audioboxer

Audioboxer

Hermit Arcana

Posted 25 August 2014 - 01:05

Horizon 2 does look awesome. Forza 5 was rushed, this looks like what Xbox fans have been waiting for.

#18 vetDirtyLarry

DirtyLarry

®®\vers.12.vis.13.u.03.al\DL

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: LG G3

Posted 25 August 2014 - 01:09

How I wish I could purchase some sort of adapter so the Wireless Racing Wheel from the 360 worked on the One.

Same goes for my Logitech GT Racing wheel from PS3 to PS4.

I love racers enough to pick up wheels for the genre, but damn purchasing a wheel for each console generation sucks.

Have had this game pre-ordered now for quite some time from MS directly. Definitely looking forward to it.

#19 tsupersonic

tsupersonic

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 3
  • Phone: iPhone 5S/Nexus 5

Posted 25 August 2014 - 02:18

Hopefully its not ruined like fm5 was with micro-transactions and the "grinding"

I played F3, F4, FH, and now F5 - I actually got 4.6 million in credits when I started on F5. Plenty of credits to do a whole lot, but yeah paid add-ons can be annoying. 

#20 trooper11

trooper11

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 5

Posted 25 August 2014 - 17:44

Horizon 2 does look awesome. Forza 5 was rushed, this looks like what Xbox fans have been waiting for.

Maybe even what racing game fans have been waiting for.

#21 +MikeChipshop

MikeChipshop

Miniman

• Tech Issues Solved: 3
  • Phone: HTC 8X / Nexus 5

Posted 25 August 2014 - 18:37

Looks like a few heads would be up for a Neowin driving club then! Count me in. I'm going to pre-order asap.

#22 Kvally

Kvally

Neowin Veteran

• Phone: iPhone 5S

Posted 08 September 2014 - 19:30

Rushed as far as amount of content goes, yes. Quality, it's the best Forza  yet.

Horizon 2 will probably end up being the racer of the year this year.

#23 Skiver

Skiver

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 09 September 2014 - 10:30

Rushed as far as amount of content goes, yes. Quality, it's the best Forza  yet.

Horizon 2 will probably end up being the racer of the year this year.

I wouldn't count Project C.A.R.S out just yet, that game looks pretty spectacular! 

As much as this game looks awesome, I got very bored of FH1 very quickly and never bothered to complete it. Might still pick it up but it's questionable.