hm... calculating.... birthday in nov xmas in dec.... with a bit of luck i could afford the xbox one and that game by then... would love to.

• Like 1

How am I supposed to convince myself I don't need this game when you lot keep posting stuff like that ^^ :(

Give in :P

Got 20 minutes of this in at ComicCon today, didn't want to be greedy and take up to much time. Was tempted to just pop the disc and run home but  :laugh:

Amazing. Best racing game of this gen yet. The extra year to polish a game instead of rushing for launch is really showing in this.

in that case,

my pipe is ready

Enough about your sex life, are you getting the game or not?

:omg:  :laugh: 

• Like 3

Easily my most anticipated XBox One game of the rest of the year, and in my Top 3 most anticipated games for all platforms.

Just wish they would release an adapter or something so I could use the Wireless Racing Wheel from the 360, as it was such a damn good wheel.

How am I supposed to convince myself I don't need this game when you lot keep posting stuff like that ^^ :(

that game is as inevitable as mitt running in 2k16 for potus :D

Crap!  Of course I have to be traveling this week.  When does the digital pre-order start?

Edit: OK, never mind.  Could someone confirm that this is the digital edition, not disc? https://store.xbox.com/en-US/Xbox-One/Games/Forza-Horizon-2-Day-One-Edition/4f6cbf74-adb2-48c2-90a2-69ffbfd8969a

2nd Edit:  What the hell, I ordered it.  The text on the page sure makes it sound like it's digital so I'll fight it out later if it turns out not to be.

Crap!  Of course I have to be traveling this week.  When does the digital pre-order start?

OK, never mind.  Could someone confirm that this is the digital edition, not disc? https://store.xbox.com/en-US/Xbox-One/Games/Forza-Horizon-2-Day-One-Edition/4f6cbf74-adb2-48c2-90a2-69ffbfd8969a

Digital.

Been playing the demo...it's INSANELY awesome, and looks even better than all those videos we have been seeing lately. It's just that good. WOW.

The demo is good. Damn good. However after reading the thread on Neogaf I expected to play the best video game of this year, and I never felt like that while playing the demo.

I am no doubt keeping my preorder, and I know I am going to absolutely enjoy playing this game, but I do feel like people are hyping the game up way to much based on what I have read so far.

I cannot help but think that people are hyping it up since the One has not really had a true killer app yet. But we will see.

Again I need to reiterate, I am absolutely looking forward to the full retail release. Hell I am even thinking of picking up a new wheel. But I was not blown away like I expected to be.

The demo is good. Damn good. However after reading the thread on Neogaf I expected to play the best video game of this year, and I never felt like that while playing the demo.

I am no doubt keeping my preorder, and I know I am going to absolutely enjoy playing this game, but I do feel like people are hyping the game up way to much based on what I have read so far.

I cannot help but think that people are hyping it up since the One has not really had a true killer app yet. But we will see.

Again I need to reiterate, I am absolutely looking forward to the full retail release. Hell I am even thinking of picking up a new wheel. But I was not blown away like I expected to be.

I'm not super big on racing games at all.  There is only 1 that I adore, and that's Burnout Paradise. 

But I must admit, I think FH2 may have gotten some GOTY votes.  It won't win, but I think some votes may come there way.  I was impressed with the demo, and I suck big time at it.

http://www.craveonline.com/gaming/articles/760765-forza-horizon-2-example-video-game-release-done-right

Microsoft is confident in Forza Horizon 2, and maybe you should be too.

Here we are a full two weeks from the release of Forza Horizon 2. Several things happened today which indicate that at the very least Microsoft is confident about the release of its Fall 2014 racer.

After the poor release handling of EA?s The Sims 4 and Activision?s Destiny, which to no shock released to lukewarm reviews, I am shocked by how far Microsoft has gone to make the release of Forza Horizon 2 as transparent as possible. While I know that not every game can be as prepared for launch as Forza Horizon 2 is, there have been far too many games in 2014 that have had veils cast in front of them before release, leaving unpleasant surprises for consumers. While it has resulted in high sales figures from pre-orders, especially in the case of Destiny which broke records with $500 million revenue, it?s also made consumers increasingly hesitant to buy games on day one.

An Early Demo: You Decide if You Like It
ForzaHorizon2_5.jpg

A demo released today for Forza Horizon 2. It?s available to anyone, no matter if they?ve pre-ordered the game or not. This is something that the well-received Bravely Default similarly did earlier in the year, and many gamers appreciated that.
Being able to experience the game first-hand lets you decide if it?s a game that suites your tastes. Forza Horizon 2 is a game built for racing fans, but it?s designed in such a way that makes it appealing to a wider audience than the simulative Forza Motorsport. That said, it?s not going to be a game that everyone enjoys. After all, everyone is different. Whether or not you think it looks good, you can try it out and rely on your own judgement rather than that of the press. If you happen to enjoy the demo, you?ll have full confidence in your pre-order.
As far as how good the demo is, I?d go as far as to say it?s one of the best in gaming history. It includes a captivating introduction, a substantial portion of the map, several races, a few cars to choose from, and as a result is a good taste of what?s to come later this month. Things are looking very positive if early reactions on social media and forums is anything to go by.

Review Copies: An Early Deployment
ForzaHorizon2_4.jpg

We received our review copy today, and so did numerous other outlets. That means we get ample time to dive into this open-world racing game and see what it?s all about. That puts less pressure on us to hit the embargo date, and be as thorough as possible.
In contrast, Destiny review copies were sent out the day prior to release. Activision?s reasoning was that it?s a game that thrives on the social experience. Well, guess what? Forza Horizon 2 has tons of multiplayer features, and you could argue it?s an important part of the experience as well.
In order to ensure that pre-release reviews of Forza Horizon 2 include insight into the social side of the game, Microsoft has setup a multiplayer session calendar. So, when reviewers such as myself feel the need to interact with others, we can get our fix. Little things like this go a long way.

Live Streaming: Sure, You Can Do That
ForzaHorizon2_2.jpg

Starting next Monday, press are encouraged to share an hour of gameplay live with gamers via Twitch. Although there are a few restrictions to avoid spoilers regarding car unlocks, this is simply unprecedented. I?ve been in games media for numerous years, and usually the only time live streaming is allowed prior to release is when you?re IGN or another one of the top five or so outlets, or if the live streaming embargo is a day or less before release.
Because of this, we?ll be setting up a live stream for Monday so that you, as the interested consumer, can see us playing the game to check out what it?s like after the introduction shown in the demo. There?s no walking into your purchase blindly.

The Big One: Embargo Before Release
ForzaHorizon2.jpg

Forza Horizon 2?s review embargo is Thursday, September 25th at 12:01 AM PDT. This means you?ll be able to read what many critics thought of the game nearly a full week before release. Microsoft isn?t hiding anything. You?ll see how this racer, which is one of several releasing this Fall season, has been received before it ever hits retailers.

The hype train has one really big flaw: you actually have to have a product that will live up to it. Admittedly, sometimes the hype gets out of control with fans and that is a little hard for companies to manage, but then again, when you consider some of the marketing language used it isn't hard to see how it happens.

I hope Forza Horizon 2 hits the mark.

I gave up on the demo about 3 minutes in, I really felt no love for it what so ever.

Just curious do you not like racing games? Cause it is really just a racing game at the end of the day.

Now with that said, I expected a lot more based on some comments I was reading on Neogaf, the hype train was in full effect there, but I still thought it was very solid.

My one and only complaint was I am used to driving either using cockpit view or first person view with no hood or anything else, and it is real easy during the races to get lost in the fields, etc. I know that is the entire point of the game itself, but this game is really a game where the default 3rd person view from behind the car is absolutely the best way to play.

I was able to get used to the cockpit and 1st person views eventually and place 1st in each race I did, but it was not necessarily as easy as it would have been otherwise.

Still a damn good game though and really looking forward to the retail version.

Just curious do you not like racing games? Cause it is really just a racing game at the end of the day.

Now with that said, I expected a lot more based on some comments I was reading on Neogaf, the hype train was in full effect there, but I still thought it was very solid.

My one and only complaint was I am used to driving either using cockpit view or first person view with no hood or anything else, and it is real easy during the races to get lost in the fields, etc. I know that is the entire point of the game itself, but this game is really a game where the default 3rd person view from behind the car is absolutely the best way to play.

I was able to get used to the cockpit and 1st person views eventually and place 1st in each race I did, but it was not necessarily as easy as it would have been otherwise.

Still a damn good game though and really looking forward to the retail version.

I love Forza and Codemasters F1 series, not a big fan of games like NFS, so yes I do like Racing games. I've bought FM 2 - 5 and even FH1 however FH1 I really didn't enjoy. I loved the demo, the intro to the game was amazing (I love the Porter Robinson song).

The reasons I didn't enjoy the demo I expect to be purely personal. Firstly the "race" to the festival site. Apart from its not actually a race, there are no positions, there is no limit to cars (that i could find) that you could over take. Don't give me a racing game where my very first encounter is race that I cannot win. The second thing that annoyed me was the cut scenes, real people and real cars. I really did not understand why they went this direction over using in game and CGI. The next thing was partly down to my lack of concentration, but it asks me to set a waypoint to a race, I do so and drive off. I picked the one furthest away which happens to go past one of the races. The game pretty much stops you still to explain how to join an even. I have no issue with some tips and guidance in a game at the beginning but I blindly followed it, placing me into the race I didn't want to do. At this point I'm starting to get a little annoyed that anyway but never mind, I'll do the off road race which is full of horrible, go between the two way point markers, miss a marker and you have to go back. I get you need to "punish" someone for missing the marker but on an off road race that is incredibly easy to slide past the punishment was a little too harsh imo.

At that point I had enough and it went off. I will be fair in that I entered the game with my mind pretty much set on what to expect so it was going to be difficult for me to enjoy this game, so maybe it never stood a chance. I don't really like the whole "street" nature that they have tried to inject into the Forza franchise, FM5 was a small disappointment when it came to the cars and tracks available so I personally feel they should be concentrating on the franchise I've loved since I firrst discovered rather than going after the arcade nature that I think Horizon tries to appeal to.