Journalistic Integrity in the gaming press is shot

Internet Aristrocrat - anti SJW that reports on SJW drama on the net and how it bleeds into real life

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5-51PfwI3M&list=UUWB0dvorHvkQlgfGGJR2yxQ

Mundane Matt - video taken down originally because false copyright claim by Zoe

Honey Badger Radio - antifeminist women's take on the events

WizardChan - image board for virgins

http://imgur.com/a/4VOcx

ZoePost - ex-boyfriend and originator of the story with complete documentation

http://thezoepost.wordpress.com/

TL;DR

Zoe Quinn is an independent game "developer"(doesn't actually know how to code) that has traded sex for positive reviews and favors to bury negative press. Most major gaming news sites seem to be implicated because of everyone's rush to bury this story by closing and deleting threads even on 4chan's /v/.

Journalistic integrity has not been a thing for decades in ANY form of press, it's all be bought packaged and sold to people with a very specific angle to cater to a demographic, to include the so called "gaming press" 

• Like 3

While the Quinnspiracy is bringing up some big issues into light such as journalistic integrity, nepotism in the indie "scene" and double standards in the "Social Justice" circle, it's absolutely hilarious that this thread has been posted by the same guy that claimed Robin Williams killed himself because of "alimony" - before we found out about his Parkinsons diagnosis.

Also linking to ED on Neowin? Oh I'm sure the mods are going to love that.

While the Quinnspiracy is bringing up some big issues into light such as journalistic integrity, nepotism in the indie "scene" and double standards in the "Social Justice" circle, it's absolutely hilarious that this thread has been posted by the same guy that claimed Robin Williams killed himself because of "alimony" - before we found out about his Parkinsons diagnosis.

Also linking to ED on Neowin? Oh I'm sure the mods are going to love that.

I stand by my comments about alimony. A depressed 63 year old exhausted man who isn't allowed to retire because of life time alimony just might look to fulfill his vow 'til death do us part' just to make it end.

I stand by my comments about alimony. A depressed 63 year old exhausted man who isn't allowed to retire because of life time alimony just might look to fulfill his vow 'til death do us part' just to make it end.

Then it's quite clear that you have some sort of irrational hatred of women for whatever reason.

As much as people like to point at insane man-hating SJWs and etc, you are the flipside, the clich? MRA that is used to drag the rest down.

The fact you stick by your disgusting claims even after the revelations of Williams' diagnosis and rapid onset of Parkinsons is despicable.

• Like 1

Then it's quite clear that you have some sort of irrational hatred of women for whatever reason.

As much as people like to point at insane man-hating SJWs and etc, you are the flipside, the clich? MRA that is used to drag the rest down.

The fact you stick by your disgusting claims even after the revelations of Williams' diagnosis and rapid onset of Parkinsons is despicable.

Look at you with your code black

http://exposingfeminism.wordpress.com/shaming-tactics/

And yet you don't see the irony in making similar sorts of claims in the Robin Williams case, proving my point.

You're a woman-hating MRA loon just as much as the likes of Quinn and Sarkeesian are man-hating SJW loons. Two sides of the same crazy coin.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2421415/Robin-Williams-return-TV-decades-poor-divorces-cost-20million.html

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/fall-tv/why-robin-williams-returned-to-tv--he-needed-the-money--163647846.html

Isn't it interesting that all discussion on this died with robin all of a sudden. I'm not even blaming women for this. I'm blaming a gynocentric family court system. And that source is yahoo.. One of the most female centered news outlets on the net after jezabel

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2421415/Robin-Williams-return-TV-decades-poor-divorces-cost-20million.html

Isn't it interesting that all discussion on this died with robin all of a sudden. I'm not even blaming women for this. I'm blaming a gynocentric family court system. And that source is yahoo.. One of the most female centered news outlets on the net after jezebel

Except that little tiny inconvenient fact that his family confirmed his suicide was due to the recent diagnosis of and rapid onset of Parkinsons.

But let's not let facts get in the way of that victim-complex eh? You know, that thing SJWs use all the time.

Look in a mirror, you've become what you claim to hate.

Journalistic integrity in the gaming press is shot

Nothing some well lubricated loins can't fix.

For someone that doesn't really follow much of the "gaming press", didn't know who Zoe Quinn was until yesterday and barely knew or cared about her game, the whole thing has been hilarious, bad, but hilarious. It's like an army of chimps constantly flinging crap at the world's biggest fan. Phil Fish has been as delicious as ever.

Anyway, this Robin Williams alimony thing won't do Neowin. You need to step up your game because The Escapist, for example, has a ~5000 (five thousand) posts topic so far.

Zoe Quinn, so this is the chick who had a bunch of guys line up to defend her, help her in the game industry for sexual favors and also help her scam good-willed people on the internet out of money by making up some mugging stories?

Some people really have low standards...

I keep hearing about all this quinnspiracy, blah blah.

Does anyone want to condense it into a few sentences, or link me to a concise summary. I really don't want to watch all of these videos.

I keep hearing about all this quinnspiracy, blah blah.

Does anyone want to condense it into a few sentences, or link me to a concise summary. I really don't want to watch all of these videos.

It's a fairly convoluted mess and it's hard to write just a few sentences without missing important aspects so I recommend reading the KnowYourMeme page for the concise description of the events.

^ Thanks for that. Convoluted is certainly right.

Reminds me of high school, especially when you weren't there for a few days and on your return, friends were enemies, accusations flying left and right, fights starting randomly between people, etc. When you'd try to find out what was going on from an unbiased source, you never could. I'd just go get high in the toilets.  :woot:

• Like 2

It's a fairly convoluted mess and it's hard to write just a few sentences without missing important aspects so I recommend reading the KnowYourMeme page for the concise description of the events.

So basically a bunch of silly nonsense.

So basically a bunch of silly nonsense.

Yep. All centred around the alleged shortcomings and deceitfulness of a woman. The gaming community must have thought they'd hit a goldmine.