24 Hour Record a Channel?

I want to record a TV channel for 24 hours and save it to hard disk.  (er.. to keep it for personal use).

What PC tuner and software can handle this task?  I used to have an old Hauppage PCI card that came with some software. It could record what you were watching, but I remember it used to freeze up every 5 minutes.. (so I was never certain of how long it could record). Do you know if Hauppage's products, today, are up for the task?  What other technical specs are suggested? (More than 6GB RAM? How much disk space?)

Yeah, I was watching some of those YouTube vids where they have all those old commercials, goin down memory lane. So I thought I'd try to get at LEAST 1 channel recorded in it's entirety for a 24 hour airing and archive it. So ya know, one day I can look back at it and say "Ahhh memories..." I'm sure the kids here *my 11 nephews and nieces ages 0 - 13* can enjoy it when they're all old and senile.  lol

Edit: Oh the reason I want it to be a 24 hour recording is because, as you can see in the vid below, I want the shows to be there WITH the commercials.  It's a bit depressing watching the vid below and remembering what shows came on with them, but the shows aren't there :(

You could just use Windows Media Center. You don't need to record the entire 24 hour period into one big file. Just go through and tell it to record every show for the day. Should only take you a minute to do.

Doesn't require any special specs. 6GB RAM would be way overkill. Maybe 2GB? And probably about 120GB of free space on your hard drive.

Oh, that's good to know that WMC can split recordings throughout. I'll have to see how it works, just haven't used it before. I'd love to get both the shows and their commercials yea :)

I just noticed something nice too. It APPEARS (could be wrong) that Hauppauge released a new tuner this year (news dates back to july 2014)  the HVR 2255.  I'll have to give that a try.  Thanks rfirth.

I'm still open to suggestion, but I'll be eyeing this one in the meantime.