148 posts in this topic

Posted

WINOOSKI, VT

Posted

Of course, common sense dictates that you don't go to restaurants or places that offend your religious beliefs.  Problem solved and everyone is happy.

17 people like this

Posted

Please. . .this is just stupid. . .really stupid.  You religous malcontents need to get a life. . . :/

10 people like this

Posted

I am sorry she was offended, but she didn't have to say anything . . . The advertisement wasn't actually harming anyone.

1 person likes this

Posted

I'm offended that she's offended, now what do we do?

14 people like this

Posted

Give her cab fare to the airport, one way?

10 people like this

Posted

I'm offended that she's offended, now what do we do?

Put it back up?

2 people like this

Posted

Ah, professionally offended people, got to have something to be "offended" by. /rolleyes/

Posted

typical islamic/religious arrogance,

i for one have lots of stuff i do not wish to eat,

but i not to 'feel offended' if somebody else advertising that stuff i do not wish to eat.

3 people like this

Posted

Sounds like she needs to go back to her own country, where she would probably be stoned to death for driving or talking to another man.

8 people like this

Posted

As of reading this there is now an Englishman offended by a Muslim woman offended by a sign about bacon.

Very diplomatic of the restaurant to be fair, i;'d have offended her worse once i'd put my foot up her arse and told her where to go. It's a shame there's people like this in the world because plenty of people will now label tat a "Muslim" thing, where's I've sat in greasy spoons with Muslim friends and co-workers and happily tucked in to a fry up made prodomenantly of pig, with no offence taken by any one.

5 people like this

Posted

This all sounds like a windup...seriously people out there believing this actually happens on a daily basis...

On the other hand people will do all sorts of stuff based on their religious beliefs, including taking down bacon signs or complaining but its not something we can put on muslims only now is it?

Posted

It's a Picky People Thing

2 people like this

Posted

I would of told the woman to get f*****d. No one has the right to tell me what I can and can't do. 
If she was offended by it, like all normal people, she should of just walked away. 
Anyway im offended that she was offended by it. Anyone that does not like Bacon is not a human being. :/

4 people like this

Posted

Why is it so many people go out of their way to not offend Muslims these days?  When you move to another's land, you adjust to THEIR way of life, not the other way around.

If she doesn't like seeing ads for pork products, she has the choice to leave.

can you guess what is wrong with that statement? can you see it yet?

1 person likes this

Posted

When you move to another's land, you adjust to THEIR way of life, not the other way around.

Wrong. In Muslim culture, when a mosque is built, the land around it 'becomes theirs' (as far around as the calls to prayer can be heard). Since building a mosque will bring in a few $$$, Westerners/atheists have no problem at all with them being built (completely blind to the facts about their spiritual purpose). Mosques are more than just a place for prayer - they're a sign of dominance.

Now compare how many mosques are being built around the world to the number of (Christianity) churches (closing down). Yet atheists continue to blame Christians primarily.

Posted

I can't see what's wrong with FFM's statement. If you move to a different country with a different culture you should indeed adjust to your host country's life style. 

What would you say if a westerner moved to an islamic country and were offended by, say, the lack of bacon or alcohol? 

Posted

Wrong. In Muslim culture, when a mosque is built, the land around it 'becomes theirs' (as far around as the calls to prayer can be heard). Since building a mosque will bring in a few $$$, Westerners/atheists have no problem at all with them being built (completely blind to the facts about their spiritual purpose). Mosques are more than just a place for prayer - they're a sign of dominance.

Now compare how many mosques are being built around the world to the number of (Christianity) churches (closing down). Yet atheists continue to blame Christians primarily.

I couldn't give a flying damn what they -think- is their's.  Outside the walls of their mosque, it's not their society. Conform or leave.  They wouldn't permit it the other way around, so why should we put up with it?

There's nothing wrong with that statement.   When in Rome, you do what the Roman's do or you push off back where you came from.

9 people like this

Posted

How do these people get news coverage to begin with? It's trolling, but on a much bigger scale.

Posted

If she is Muslim does that automatically mean she was born outside of US?

Posted

Even though I own a dog and love them, if I went to Korea, I wouldn't eat it. I also wouldn't cry about them eating it, it's their culture.

1 person likes this

Posted

If she is Muslim does that automatically mean she was born outside of US?

If she were native born, it's -really- unlikely she'd be bitching about it.

1 person likes this

Posted

Makes me wan't to hang a 20ft banner with a picture of pork products on. :/

Posted

Why is it so many people go out of their way to not offend Muslims these days?  

I purposely go out of my way to offend them. One day one of them will get violent with me, because thats what they're like, and then i'll have an excuse to knife 'em

(i'm joking!).

3 people like this