Muslim woman offended by restaurant Bacon ad

My philosophy is such... You and anybody else can do what they want. Put up signs about bacon for instance. As long as it's promoting something, not being negative.

Now I, or you, come along and find offense... LEAVE, and let alone.

I don't find anything offensive because I just walk away or turn the page. You wanna be a whatever and do whatever and say whatever, fine. Don't, however try and ram it down my throat or make me see your way of things.

post-66220-0-44603700-1408959151.jpg

I've seen a few posts which say this is an isolated incident that rarely if ever happens...

But..

Australia (Sydney): Muslim KFC Worker goes nuts when asked for Bacon! (On Chicken Burger) *Warning some course language*

UK: Subway removes bacon from nearly 200 stores due to strong demands.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2616576/Subway-removes-ham-pork-nearly-200-stores-strong-demand-Muslims-eat-Halal-meat.html

article-2616576-0D86CC96000005DC-418_634

In Australia lots of places have started to put up halal meat certified signs and a few are removing pork products all together (Not many though, thankfully). Jewish people don't eat pork either but I've never seen a report about a person of Jewish faith complaining about a sign with bacon on it and then it gets put down. Even Catholic people have a week or something where they don't eat any meats during lent/easter? and I don't see them complaining or forcing stores to remove meat products for that week..

Still don't see it, ok.  There are plenty of English/American/Canadian etc people who are converts of various religions, I think they are already home, so yeah that statement was a bit wrong

Still not wrong.  If you don't like the society you live in, you go live in one that you DO like. You don't force everyone else to conform to YOUR choices.

Still don't see it, ok.  There are plenty of English/American/Canadian etc people who are converts of various religions, I think they are already home, so yeah that statement was a bit wrong

As somebody who was born a Hindu*, is it right for me to go into a Muslim country and demand that they stopped eating beef because I feel offended by it?

*not a religious person. don't sue me.

• Like 2

Still not wrong.  If you don't like the society you live in, you go live in one that you DO like. You don't force everyone else to conform to YOUR choices.

hmm still don't see it? isn't that exactly how the very same society we live in today came about? 

As somebody who was born a Hindu*, is it right for me to go into a Muslim country and demand that they stopped eating beef because I feel offended by it?

*not a religious person. don't sue me.

only makes sense if the person is not of that country

I'm offended she doesn't like / eat bacon, bacon is AMAZING!!!! Who doesn't love Bacon?????  can I please sue her? Just thinking about this makes me sooooooooooooooooooooooooo upset. You should see me, i'm totally shaking on the couch, i'm that ######.

getting offended by what people eat? GTFO!

MacAndCheeseBaconWeaveTaco2.jpg

Her head would explode with BaconX

Ground hot sausage + crumbled bacon, diced onions, diced poblano peppers and what you like, wrapped with peppered bacon. Basting sauce of your choice (Jack Daniel's BBQ is great.) Indirect heat BBQ or slow-bake at 300F until 160?F internal.

Some people get fancy and basket weave the bacon. Meh.

post-347280-0-31677400-1343876940.jpg

post-347280-0-11894400-1343876951.jpg

I hate you both... I am already hungry as it's almost lunch time and now I want to try both of these!

• Like 2

I couldn't give a flying damn what they -think- is their's.  Outside the walls of their mosque, it's not their society. Conform or leave.  They wouldn't permit it the other way around, so why should we put up with it?

There's nothing wrong with that statement.   When in Rome, you do what the Roman's do or you push off back where you came from.

And check out Rome's history of what they did when one did not "do what the Roman's do".  ;)

Google the International Topless Jihad Day or FEMEN.....  :shiftyninja:

Why is it so many people go out of their way to not offend Muslims these days?  When you move to another's land, you adjust to THEIR way of life, not the other way around.

If she doesn't like seeing ads for pork products, she has the choice to leave.

EXACTLY!

Can you really imagine Saudi Arabia, Pakistan or any other muslim country changing anything for people immigrating? In fact, they're reknowned for doing the exact opposite.

• Like 3

I would have taken down the sign, and put up a TV and played videos of people eating bacon and other pig products.

How about going the whole hog and opening a stall offering free bacon sandwiches to Muslims? :p

• Like 1

EXACTLY!

Can you really imagine Saudi Arabia, Pakistan or any other muslim country changing anything for people immigrating? In fact, they're reknowned for doing the exact opposite.

are they really, where did you get that bit of information from?  

Pork is not just forbidden by Muslims, plenty of Christians, Sikhs, Hindus and various other religions too.  Its just when they reported offence its not news.

I've seen a few posts which say this is an isolated incident that rarely if ever happens...

But..

Australia (Sydney): Muslim KFC Worker goes nuts when asked for Bacon! (On Chicken Burger) *Warning some course language*

I did not quite follow the video.

About all I could pick out was the F-word.

Was he upset that a Muslim woman asked for bacon ?

Or that he had to touch bacon ? :huh:

Anyone that does not like Bacon is not a human being. :/

It's not even disliking bacon; it's disliking the word "bacon" on a sign. But then Vermont tries to be so politically correct and inoffensive, that we end up with everybody being offended. Yes, I live here. Winooski is about 30 minutes away.

What has happened to this generation? So what if you get offended? I am offended by every other story that they show on the News but I don't act all butthurt about it. I have heard out in public and on TV, people arguing because the have been "disrespected", is that even a word? People need to back up about 2 generations with their little feelings and expectations. People used to have integrity and character, now most are just a bag of sissified emotions that should be kept to themselves. I am so glad my Grandfather is not alive today to see what this nation has become. Just goes to show what happens when you have no Leader. 

• Like 3

are they really, where did you get that bit of information from?  

Pork is not just forbidden by Muslims, plenty of Christians, Sikhs, Hindus and various other religions too.  Its just when they reported offence its not news.

How many times have you heard about a Hindu's being offended by a sign depicting pork?

• Like 2

in the US, it seems the complaints of the minority are being forced upon everyone else. muslim women and bacon? eat somewhere else. everyone loves to complain for 15 minutes of fame. :no:

• Like 2