Questions for Surface Pro 3 owners

I've almost convinced myself I want to make the jump for a Surface Pro 3 and replace my retina macbook pro.  I work in IT and it looks like it ticks all the boxes for something that will be useful for home and work.

I have some questions about it though, if any of you existing owners wouldn't mind answering..

How good is it with the DPI scaling?  Last time I tried Windows 8.0 on a retina macbook pro and used the 150% dpi scaling which I believe the Surface uses by default, things still looked like a blurry mess. Whilst some things looked OK it really wasn't consistent.  Is it any better in the current version of 8.1?

Have they resolved the windows button accidental pressing issue yet?

What's the build quality of the keyboard cover like? From the pictures it looks like it'll start looking battered pretty quickly and won't hold up to heavy daily usage?

Also is the desktop usable in any fashion without the mouse/keyboard? E.g does the on-screen keyboard only appear if using Modern applications?  Probably not so much of a problem as i'm planning to also get the keybaord cover and arc touch mouse but would be interesting to know the drawbacks.

You call the keyboard as you need it by hitting the keyboard icon in the taskbar.  that is probably my biggest gripe, it should pop up a keyboard if it doesn't sense a keyboard attached, IMO, when going into a field that requires keyboard input.  Type cover is the best out of the two offered.  I don't notice the blurriness with any of my surface devices, pro or pro2.

• Like 1