PSN down for the UK bank holiday evening... (Mon 24/08)

Why did they not check the calendar in their regions first.... if is critical say that at least but maintenance sounds so routine.

PlayStation Network is offline for scheduled maintenance from 17:40 on Monday 25 August 2014 until 00:50 Tuesday 26 August 2014 BST.

During the maintenance, you will be unable to access the following services:

PlayStation Store on all devices.
PlayStation Network Account Management.
PlayStation Network Account Registration.
Entertainment services.
Online gameplay - however, you may still play online if you are already signed into your SEN account via the relevant device before the maintenance begins.
In addition, you will not be able to sign in to PlayStation Network from eu.playstation.com.

During this maintenance, you can continue to collect in-game trophies and these will be updated on your profile once PlayStation Network is back up and running.

Source: http://uk.playstation.com/psnmaintenance/

PSN seems to be run by bunch of incompetent idiots.  I'm pretty sure some of the recent PSN maintenance windows occurred during bank holiday/peak usage times as well.  Someone probably just wanted the double bubble overtime.

Stay signed in, usually bypasses maintenance

Online gameplay - however, you may still play online if you are already signed into your SEN account via the relevant device before the maintenance begins.

Still a ridiculously silly day.

Stay signed in, usually bypasses maintenance

Still a ridiculously silly day.

I wouldn't say the day was the issue more down to the fact it's during 'peak' time rather than just overnight i.e. 3am to 9am etc

Thought they had started it early for a minute as PSN is down here. Looks like someone is DDOSing them just to ruin any of our gaming aspirations this weekend.

Yep, it's been down all day for me today... thought it was just me but just seen the news of the DDOS. 

I wouldn't say the day was the issue more down to the fact it's during 'peak' time rather than just overnight i.e. 3am to 9am etc

They set it to inconvenience USA least.

Don't want to be "that pedantic guy" (who am i kidding) but it's not a 'UK bank holiday'. I'm only bitter because we've already had our august bank holiday here so i have to open the office tomorrow  :angry:

• Like 1