Heisman Trophy

Who do you think will win the Heisman Trophy?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will win the Heisman Trophy?

• Jason White (QB, Okalahoma)
    • Larry Fitzgerald (WR, Pittsburgh)
    • Eli Manning (QB, Ole Miss)
    • Chris Perry (RB, Michigan)

My vote goes to Eli Manning. IMO, he is the best quarterback in the nation. He will go VERY high in the NFL draft. He led Ole Miss to an excellent season and also led the SEC in yards passing per game, completions, TD passes and average total offense. Although he didnt make it to the SEC Championship game, I feel he should win the award. :yes:

I think it is unfair if you did not include the MAC conference in this. Ben roethlisberger deserves to be nominated for the top 5. He was not sacked for the whole season and also passed 4000 yards as a quarterback and two consecutive 3000 yards for passing.

But still, I vote for Larry Fitzgerald

No way. Chris Perry all the way. You saw what he did against the #2 rushing D in the country? Posted 150+ yards on them. Manning....what bowl are they in? Cotton. Yeah. Quality. They won't give it to a Sophomore, and Jason white....Eh...Not too impressed with him, either.

Im gonna have to vote for Ole Miss's Eli Manning. I think he is an outstanding quarterback and hold the Rebels together. He plays well in any circumstances and led a Ole Miss Rebel team, who is generally middle of the row SEC to a outstanding season.

Chris Perry would be my runner-up. He is a good running back who fins his holes and has great vision. However, I don't think he has an impact on his team as much as Eli Manning does. And about that OSU game, Perry ran great, but OSU played like crap.

And about that OSU game, Perry ran great, but OSU played like crap.

And um....if they could tackle Chris Perry, You would say they played well? :blink:

A great player makes a great defense play like crap.

OSU was schooled by a much better team.

Eli Manning. i also believe he will go #1 in the NFL draft. lots of falcons fans are hoping we get the number 1 pick, but we dont need it, weve got a QB, we can trade it away and let Eli go somewhere where hes needed

perry all the way.

chris white is way overrated.

fitzgerald is probably the most talented, but they won't give it to a soph.

eli is good, but as qb, you are a leader for your team, and 3 losses won't cut it. also, what was eli's defining game? he never really had that "highlight" game.

/edit

and whats up with Soldja winning the best TE award? 1 TD. Talk about a bunch of crap...

and rose bowl tix are $140 EACH. thank god they'll be xmas presents, otherwise i don't know how i'd afford it....

Edited by BroChaos

perry all the way.

chris white is way overrated.

fitzgerald is probably the most talented, but they won't give it to a soph.

eli is good, but as qb, you are a leader for your team, and 3 losses won't cut it. also, what was eli's defining game? he never really had that "highlight" game.

/edit

and whats up with Soldja winning the best TE award? 1 TD. Talk about a bunch of crap...

and rose bowl tix are $140 EACH. thank god they'll be xmas presents, otherwise i don't know how i'd afford it....

Winslow from Miami, FL won the best TE award.

As far as heisman, Chris White hands down. He played the toughest competition this year, and still put up better numbers than most quarterbacks. Fitzgerald won't get it because he's a sophomore. Manning? A close second to White, but he didn't put up the numbers that White did. Perry? He had 3 or 4 bad games. He would do well against some teams, but do bad against others. Very inconsistent.

I think it is unfair if you did not include the MAC conference in this. Ben roethlisberger deserves to be nominated for the top 5. He was not sacked for the whole season and also passed 4000 yards as a quarterback and two consecutive 3000 yards for passing

*cough* When you say he wasn't sacked all season, you really mean he was sacked 17 times right?

BTW, I read Kaeding isn't a finalist for kicker of the year. How is this possible? And who are the finalists anyway. I can't find any info at espn.com

My vote went to Larry F. but I think that the most deserving person is Texas Tech's B.J. Symnon's. His numbers absolutely dominate Eli and Jason's and he did it without the great supporting casts that Manning and White have.

Eli is overrated just like his brother was at UT and this is coming from someone who attends UT. Like I said earlier, the only thing that makes him look good is his incredible supporting cast. Without those guys, Eli would have not put up the numbers he did. Also, he shouldn't get it because he can't win crucial games. If you can't beat LSU at least once out of the 2 times you play them, you shouldn't be in the Heisman running IMO.

Jason White is good but he's only done good things in one year. He's been hurt the past couple of years and hasn't done a thing up until this year. For that fact I think he shouldn't win it.

Just my .02 cents.

My votes:

1) Larry Fitzgerald - No question, best player in CFB.

2) Matt Leinart - Got screwed over by BCS (and should be in the Natl. Champ), numbers were just as good as...

3) Jason White - As much as I bleed Burnt Orange, White had some great numbers.

4) Chris Perry - Buckeye killer, 'nuf said

My vote went to Larry F. but I think that the most deserving person is Texas Tech's B.J. Symnon's. His numbers absolutely dominate Eli and Jason's and he did it without the great supporting casts that Manning and White have.

Eli is overrated just like his brother was at UT and this is coming from someone who attends UT. Like I said earlier, the only thing that makes him look good is his incredible supporting cast. Without those guys, Eli would have not put up the numbers he did. Also, he shouldn't get it because he can't win crucial games. If you can't beat LSU at least once out of the 2 times you play them, you shouldn't be in the Heisman running IMO.

Jason White is good but he's only done good things in one year. He's been hurt the past couple of years and hasn't done a thing up until this year. For that fact I think he shouldn't win it.

Just my .02 cents.

Yea, but he threw 21 int's and was a very up and down player. I wouldnt vote for him.

Just my .02 cents.

I'm sure we could come up with quite a list of guys who didn't do much before the year he won the heisman. And of course, previous years stats have no bearing on the Heisman, or any award for that matter.

I don't think many of you realize how good of a season Jason White had. Many consider it the one of the best seasons in history. 40 touchdowns, at least 2 td per game save one, the highest passer rating this year, only 8 interceptions (which is insane). It's in the bag

Eli Manning is a great QB, no doubt. He finally got around to beating my Auburn Tigers this year. However, he won't win it because Ole Miss didn't even win the SEC West, much less the SEC.

Leinart won win it because the Heisman voters won't give it to an underclassman (see Florida QB Rex Grossman). Although Fitzgerald without a doubt is THE best player in college football right now, he won't win it for the same reason as Leinart.

And on a sidenote, USC didn't get screwed out of anything. When the PAC 10 and Big "11" get championship games, then you can cry about something.

I think the trophy will either go to Perry or White, more likely to White. I think LSU will beat OU in the Sugar Bowl however, but since White is player of the year and all, I think he's got it.

And if my boy, Carnell Williams, stays for his senior year, he'll make a strong run for the trophy next year, bank on it.

And on a sidenote, USC didn't get screwed out of anything. When the PAC 10 and Big "11" get championship games, then you can cry about something.

Yea, the Pac-10 blows. But I still believe that USC should have gotten a birth in the Sugar Bowl and Matt Leinart should have a legit. chance at the Heisman. USC is by far the best team on the West Coast, and nobody ever watches them because of the regional restrictions.. And just because there is not a championship game for the Pac-10 doesnt mean USC is a bad team that doesnt deserve a chance. That has nothing to do with the point. The point is, Leinart is a legit. Heisman canidate and USC should have a birth in the Natl. Champ...They are number one in all the publications and the computers screwed them over its that simle.

And of course, previous years stats have no bearing on the Heisman, or any award for that matter.

Listen to most analyst these days, they all turn to previous stats from former years. I don't like that but it's the way things are. With this happening, voters tend to hear previous year stats and that will have an effect.

Listen to most analyst these days, they all turn to previous stats from former years. I don't like that but it's the way things are. With this happening, voters tend to hear previous year stats and that will have an effect.

Ah, no they don't, and that's not the way things are. Previous years stats only have a bearing on pre-season hype. By the end of the year, if they are still in the running, they deserved to be there in the beginning. But previous years stats have nothing to do with this years awards.

Ah, no they don't, and that's not the way things are. Previous years stats only have a bearing on pre-season hype. By the end of the year, if they are still in the running, they deserved to be there in the beginning. But previous years stats have nothing to do with this years awards.

I am not saying they do but I am saying that top college football analyst have pointed out previous years stats. Lee Corso has even pointed this out as well on television.

I think it is unfair if you did not include the MAC conference in this. Ben roethlisberger deserves to be nominated for the top 5. He was not sacked for the whole season and also passed 4000 yards as a quarterback and two consecutive 3000 yards for passing.

But still, I vote for Larry Fitzgerald

I don't think they give out Heismans to an offensive line. :p