• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 +patseguin

patseguin

Neowin Addict

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: iPhone 6

Posted 24 August 2014 - 23:49

Anyone already played D3 on PC and bought if for console and enjoyed it more? I already liked D3 from PC but I downloaded it on XB1 last night and I was up till 1am playing. Something about playing it on 65" plasma and 7.1 surround. Anyone else prefer the console version? On a side note, I can't seem to figure out how to join multiplayer games like I did on PC.

#2 +Audioboxer

Audioboxer

Hermit Arcana

Posted 25 August 2014 - 01:21

Much prefer console, controls actually work really well.

#3 The_Observer

The_Observer

Apples, Bananas, Rhinoceros!

• Phone: iPhone5s

Posted 25 August 2014 - 01:52

Looking forward to getting it on XBX1 but need to finish of my study first (1 month). But from what i have seen the console version works really well.

#4 TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Reality Bomb

Posted 25 August 2014 - 02:00

Probably looks and performs better given their silly overuse of DX9 on PC.  If I buy it, it'll be a console version.

#5 Max Norris

Max Norris

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 20
  • Phone: HTC One (Home) Lumia 1020 (Work)

Posted 25 August 2014 - 02:02

Something about playing it on 65" plasma and 7.1 surround. Anyone else prefer the console version? On a side note, I can't seem to figure out how to join multiplayer games like I did on PC.

Personal preference of course, but I do the big screen/surround sound thing with a PC, haven't had a console (well for me anyway) in over a decade, don't miss 'em.  No comparison with current software that isn't catering to the lowest common denominator.  (Sadly D3 isn't one of those.)

#6 GotBored

GotBored

Brain Trust

• Tech Issues Solved: 3
  • Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 25 August 2014 - 14:02

Personal preference of course, but I do the big screen/surround sound thing with a PC, haven't had a console (well for me anyway) in over a decade, don't miss 'em.  No comparison with current software that isn't catering to the lowest common denominator.  (Sadly D3 isn't one of those.)

I too have my PC connected through an amp and onto big screen tv and play fps titles that way but games like this i prefer on console (PS4 in my case) just because of the controls.

#7 soniqstylz

soniqstylz

Neowin Trophy Slore

Posted 25 August 2014 - 15:07

http://kotaku.com/di...-ps4-1623995959

#8 sc302

sc302

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 31

Posted 25 August 2014 - 15:11

Your tv probably has a hdmi or a vga input.  hook up pc to tv and enjoy playing pc games on 65" tv.  Hook up sound to surround sound and enjoy listening in surround.  I don't see what the issue is.

#9 Life Cycles

Life Cycles

Neowinian

Posted 29 August 2014 - 18:23

I've been playing Diablo 3 during the beta, so around 2011 I believe. To me the Xbox version is really enjoyable compared to the PC. Of course, I love how smooth the game runs on the PC. Overall it's the experience of gifts being able to be given to you from friends, nemesis, and also the enjoyment of playing with my friends on the Xbox. My PC friend community is small so that's something I factor in.

Also, at least the newest patch with a few reductions is coming to the console version which makes me very excited