Question

Posted

When I am logged out and there is no adblock running (I did a hard refresh), this appears:

[spoiler]23lnz8y.png[/spoiler]

Here is the ad I think that is causing the issue:

http://ad.doubleclick.net/adi/N3828.8256.ZIFFDAVISMEDIANETWORK/B8231859.110721262;sz=970x250;click=http://adclick.g.doubleclick.net/aclk?sa=L&ai=BGk5Thov6U7GWFY24lgTX1IGADJzLuP8GAAAAEAEgADgAWLTAwq-gAWDJ7tqGyKOgGYIBF2NhLXB1Yi01NTA1OTA1NTc5NTk5OTA1sgEOd3d3Lm5lb3dpbi5uZXS6AQlnZnBfaW1hZ2XIAQnaARZodHRwOi8vd3d3Lm5lb3dpbi5uZXQvmAK8mwHAAgLgAgDqAhs0NTg1L25zLm5lb3dpbi5uZXQvaG9tZXBhZ2X4Av_RHpADrAKYA-ADqAMB4AQBoAYW&num=0&sig=AOD64_0TdPg2bxTBR7rGgLE54GtwdGWmPQ&client=ca-pub-5505905579599905&adurl=;ord=1537282742?

Also, REVIEWS still does not get highlighted when you are on the REVIEWS page.

and 

The sped table here did not get updated with the new design: (I don't know if it is a bug or just legacy stuff that is to difficult to update)

http://www.neowin.net/news/surface-pro-3-review-the-be-all-do-all-tablet-from-microsoft

6 answers to this question

Posted

I get the same odd layout when I am signed in.  I'm using the latest production Chrome.  If I use IE 11, it shows up fine.

Posted

Ya, this ad is becoming a problem. Hoping the admins can get it blacklisted soon.

Posted

Shouldn't the problem be fixed, rather than black listing the ad?  If this ad can cause it, can't another ad cause it too?

Posted

Shouldn't the problem be fixed, rather than black listing the ad?  If this ad can cause it, can't another ad cause it too?

Many times it involves the ads injecting scripts improperly. They might introduce their own CSS which clashes with Neowin's, or it might intentionally supersede Neowin's. There is no real way to fix this problem other than blacklisting those ads (which are not following correct protocol).

1 person likes this

Posted

Many times it involves the ads injecting scripts improperly. They might introduce their own CSS which clashes with Neowin's, or it might intentionally supersede Neowin's. There is no real way to fix this problem other than blacklisting those ads (which are not following correct protocol).

Are they not allowed to do that?

Must be a pain in the ass.

Posted

The ad was reported.

1 person likes this