Photo

Jimquisition: Everything's Awful, But It's Not All That Bad

jimquisition the escapist indie console pc gaming legend of grimrock call of duty

18 replies to this topic

#16 Luc2k

Luc2k

Neowinian

• 1,204 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 01:58

Then you should keep track before responding then, because the way things have been stewing the SJWs are indeed distancing themselves from Quinn. She still has her indie clique and industry apologists but the regular SJWs are somewhat less than impressed at her record of abuse.

Her Patreon hasn't suffered much, if at all.

#17 Athernar

Athernar

?

• 3,000 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 02:08

Her Patreon hasn't suffered much, if at all.

Well duh, as I said she still has her clique of indies and industry types who're too busy flouncing around their ivory towers to find out what Quinn is really like. They're going to continue to fund her purely to keep up the appearance that they're somehow "open-minded bigotry-free progressives".

Example: http://www.twitlonge.../show/n_1s644c0

#18 Luc2k

Luc2k

Neowinian

• 1,204 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 02:43

Well duh, as I said she still has her clique of indies and industry types who're too busy flouncing around their ivory towers to find out what Quinn is really like. They're going to continue to fund her purely to keep up the appearance that they're somehow "open-minded bigotry-free progressives".

Example: http://www.twitlonge.../show/n_1s644c0

Nice read, but meaningless in the grand scheme of things as publicly (read not anonymous) she's either silent or towing the party line out for fear for her financial security (understandable mind you). Anonymous former supporters taking a more balanced view of the situation is all well and good but it's not going to solve the problems that the whole thing brought to light.

Maybe you know some examples of feminists changing sides publicly on Zoe or some big "game journalists" acknowledging the issues on their end. Don't mean to impose on you, but I would appreciate a shortcut to such examples, if there are any, until I actually catch up with that huge topic on The Escapist.

#19 Athernar

Athernar

?

• 3,000 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 03:20

Nice read, but meaningless in the grand scheme of things as publicly (read not anonymous) she's either silent or towing the party line out for fear for her financial security (understandable mind you). Anonymous former supporters taking a more balanced view of the situation is all well and good but it's not going to solve the problems that the whole thing brought to light.

Maybe you know some examples of feminists changing sides publicly on Zoe or some big "game journalists" acknowledging the issues on their end. Don't mean to impose on you, but I would appreciate a shortcut to such examples, if there are any, until I actually catch up with that huge topic on The Escapist.

Well no it's not meaningless because it's an example of the point I was making - that it's the industry types that are standing by her (for whatever reason) and the SJWs are distancing themselves. (as exampled by said link)

You won't find anyone in the industry that's "involved" and not otherwise "safe" criticise Zoe because of that powerful clique. Ironically in turn giving her power - which in SJW lingo is also known as privilege.